Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits
    #14965763 - 08/23/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Coming on fast - enjoy: :mushroomgrow:

This is about 3-4 qts coir/verm/gypsum/coffee spawned 1:4 or so and cased at spawning with 50/50 peat/verm limed to pH8 or so.  It was put in the FC on the 16th and spawned on the 31st, so it's been 3 weeks running and a week in pinning. 

Got 4 more identical tubs on the way. :Tastesgoodman::Awemush::awepuss:

New this grow is the liner, these compostable bags:

are a perfect size match to the Sterlite 6qt minitubs I'm using.  So far I've got negligible sidepinning, so since I get tons of that without any liners I think it's microclimate more than light.  We'll see.

Reason mostly is contam - my last bulk grows crashed and burned before ever pinning, and I think it was down to contams left in the tubs from the previous end-of-cycle.  So I scrubbed everything out really well and dosed them with iso as well, then left it all covered up in the liners with a just a bit of GE during colonization.  Here's one currently running without casing to show what I mean.  It was spawned to bulk 10 days ago as of pic:

OK, now why case? (before somebody goes "dude you dinnae need to case cubes, doncha know that :shake:?")  I'm trying to optimize the whole process without spending too much time messing up.  Casing is easy to make and it protects the bulk while it colonizes.  I like the picking off casing better than the sub.  Casing seems to reduce side pinning.  And finally, with that one uncased one I showed I'm gonna compare the performance side by side.

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (08/25/11 12:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

Re: Massive pinset on minitub Pron - Wild Texan strain - And casing talk too. [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14965966 - 08/23/11 01:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm with you. I dislike the parroting of "cubes don't need a casing". Yeah, they don't need a casing to produce fruiting bodies, but there are plenty of good reasons why someone might want to use one. Plus it's good to learn how to case for when you want to grow species that require one.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Massive pinset on minitub Pron - Wild Texan strain - And casing talk too. [Re: prismism]
    #14966189 - 08/23/11 02:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Casing is beneficial if you live in a desert or other similar climate with very low ambient humidity.

--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Primal's bulk "wild texan" grow in cased minis - pins to fruits in pics y'all! [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14970359 - 08/24/11 10:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, thanks for the :thumbup:s. These fat assers are growing fast so I'm gonna try to update with new pics everyday...uhm, when not :trippnballs: that is.

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Primal's bulk "wild texan" grow in cased minis - pins to fruits in pics y'all! [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14970827 - 08/24/11 12:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i bet a casing would reduce side pins

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Primal's bulk [Re: k00laid]
    #14971006 - 08/24/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well you'd think that - I did.  But it made little difference cased/not cased in clear tubs without a liner.  So far though the pinning tub has almost no evidence of side pins, and the liner is snug up on the side.  Could also help that the bags are a little smaller than the trays and stretchy, so when I packed 'em in there's no open space on the sides.  My theory so far.

Here's today's beauty shot:

And a bonus pic - what else I have in the FC :awesomenod:

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Primal's bulk [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14971040 - 08/24/11 01:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Well you'd think that
But it made little difference

well

if you take a PF cake and put a small layer of peat/verm on the top.

in my experience almost ALL the pins will want to come out through the peat layer, instead of the sides of the cake.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Primal's bulk [Re: k00laid]
    #14973131 - 08/24/11 08:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Never done 'em.  :shrug: But I understand the suggestion well enough. The experiment continues.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14976237 - 08/25/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yo, these fruits are some kind of :awecid: loveliness.  And checking them out when high - OMG! :yinyang2:

So today the primal FC looks like the big monster is about to hit the roof before it's done - TLA!!!

Gonna print this one and give that away as the grand prize in my new contest - hey, watch this thread and I'll link it up when I start it. :Tastesgoodman:

And the inside view of extraordinary 2nd flushness:

So on the third day the minitub's gone into full bore crazyass mode.  This isn't a monocultuere, BTW, so the fruiting tends to occur in waves more or less:

Now hey, if you're enjoying this shit make a post so it stays high on the first page of the cult forum. :awesomenod:  And I'll keep updating.

The next bit is gonna be a competition between cased and non-cased tubs, the non-cased one was ready sooner as it ran at slightly higher temp and went in the FC last night.  I have 4 cased tubs running and one is about ready, so I'm gonna pop it in side-by-side.  And then see how they compare for fruiting production, sidepinnng, all the rest of what could be different and maybe show the cased tubs work better.  Or maybe not.  It's an experiment. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14976281 - 08/25/11 12:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

awwww yeah primal.

lookin tasty. man.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14982220 - 08/26/11 02:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

3D PICS COMING IN A NEW THREAD - THAT AND A PRINT GIVEAWAY - :bye:

--------------------

Offlinetripdawg420
low life with no life
Male

Loc: illinois
    #14982234 - 08/26/11 02:28 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

3d pics damn :headbanger:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: tripdawg420]
    #14984629 - 08/26/11 10:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I did some b4, they take the geeky red and cyan glasses (not the clear ones like the 3d movies) but check it out:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12287955#12287955

until I get these new ones ready........god what an intense day...............:awepuss:

--------------------

InvisibleHorizonSpawn
Gettin' my grow on :)
Male

Loc: Myco-Tek.org Flag
    #14984675 - 08/26/11 11:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I can't really put it to words why, but I absolutely love this pic:

--------------------
Please assume any and all prints exchanged are "WILD" in nature; and thus, should NOT be considered ASEPTIC...

NOTE:  Please excuse my brevity, as it is a bitch 'n' a half and slow as hell to type on this here phone :frown:

OfflineSexySmurff
HyperQube
Male User Gallery

Loc: HyperSpace
Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: HorizonSpawn]
    #14984777 - 08/26/11 11:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i always use liners. it's a real pain in the arse having to clean out tubs.

--------------------
Exalted is He from what they utter. Exalted is He from what they imagine. Exalted is He that exists without a place. Exalted is He that was there forever without a time or a beginning. Exalted is He that will be there forever without a time or an end. Exalted is He that will forever be praised. That is your God.

OfflineSKrink
KING MOB
 User Gallery

Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: HorizonSpawn]
    #14984838 - 08/26/11 11:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HorizonSpawn said:

I agree. To me it looks like a crazy alien city... citadels and towers and labyrinths

--------------------
:crazy2: SWEET POTATO HOME FRIES :crazy2:
:mushroom2:HOW TO USE A PENIS ENVY SPORE SWAB:mushroom2:

... Oh mighty masticator, salivator, vocalizer, swallower, licker biter sucker brow-knitter looker blinker rubbernecker thumber prodder up-yours fingerer ringwearer nosepicker waver drinker armlifter bodybender hipswiveler kneer springer runner ZERO::::::::OOOOOOOOO:::::::: RUN!!!

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

Loc: HMAS Hammersley
Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: SKrink]
    #14985358 - 08/27/11 03:11 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man..awesome thread.

I am interested in your set up in this pic. Could you post a picture of your whole grow set up?

Edited by buffer (08/27/11 03:12 AM)

Offlinemumbl3
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: buffer]
    #14985561 - 08/27/11 06:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Great set up and good pics.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14986298 - 08/27/11 11:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HorizonSpawn said:

Hey hey. :Tastesgoodman:

This tub yielded between 500 and 700g on the first flush. :awesomenod:  I picked it over two days:

(thursday)

(friday) Check it in the middle - love those umbos!

Making prints for the new contest : (that's why they were dropping spores everywhere :lol:)

And how the monster fruit from the 2nd flush on the trays turned out: 

Woohoo! Fun times. :awecid:

Edited by PrimalSoup (08/27/11 11:41 AM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: SexySmurff]
    #14986391 - 08/27/11 11:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SexySmurff said:
i always use liners. it's a real pain in the arse having to clean out tubs.

I'm agreeing entirely.  And the best part here is - no side pins at all.  So it's a win-win all the way.

Plus I can just take the spent subs and the compostable liners and dump 'em in our compost cart with no worries.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: buffer]
    #14986404 - 08/27/11 11:46 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

buffer said:
Hey man..awesome thread.

I am interested in your set up in this pic. Could you post a picture of your whole grow set up?

Uhm, thanks!  I'll dig back through my posted pics pretty soon as I've got them there.  Also thinking about building a 2nd FC so I'd document the whole thing from scratch for whoever wants to know.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14989323 - 08/27/11 11:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Here's a nice 2nd flush harvest pic: 

OfflineFunjee Jumper
Universe Beholder
Male

Loc: Germany Flag
    #14989689 - 08/28/11 02:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Ralph beat me for $35. The admins won't allow me to make a thread about it. Called me a drama queen.

Edited by Funjee Jumper (08/28/11 02:29 AM)

OfflineDjchrist
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: Primal's crazyass Wild Texan grow with tons o' pics and casing competition, plus whatever else fits [Re: Funjee Jumper]
    #14989808 - 08/28/11 03:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Wow some grazy big shroomies

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale