Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA?
    #1496276 - 04/26/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well? I hear people say it will be oneday, but with all the ads and anti-weed flak it looks doubtful...any opinions??

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1496299 - 04/26/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

small amounts are legal in oregon

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1496328 - 04/26/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

do you like my mushroom in my avatar? i skinned it with the shroomerys index page, altho its hard to tell.

--------------------

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
    #1496399 - 04/26/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"small amounts are legal in oregon"

Marijuana is illegal by federal law everywhere in the United States. It is not legal, even for medical purposes, in any state in the union. The only state I'm aware of to ever allow marijuana for recreational purposes (and this does not mean that it still wasn't illegal by federal law) was Alaska, and it wasn't long before the feds pressured them to re-criminalize it.

I think marijuana will be decriminalized and maybe even legalized in the United States in a decade or two, thirty years tops.

At the very least, the federal government will legalize it and leave the issue up to the states.

Edited by OOOO (04/26/03 05:06 PM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1496400 - 04/26/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Depends what you mean by "EVER". Within our life time? I doubt it.

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: Revelation]
    #1496493 - 04/26/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ummmm....

under a gram is okay in oregon

--------------------

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
    #1496590 - 04/26/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Under an ounce is not considered a criminal offense by the state of Oregon. It is a summary offense, punishable by a fine of $500 to $1,000.

Possession of marijuana in Oregon is still a criminal offense by federal law.

If you get caught in Oregon by the Oregon State Police with 10 grams of marijuana, you would probably not be in danger of serving jail time or being convicted of a criminal offense.

If you were somehow busted by federal agents while carrying the same amount, you would likely be criminally charged.

There is a bill currently before the Oregon state legislature to re-criminalize small amounts of marijuana.

Edited by OOOO (04/26/03 06:40 PM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: OOOO]
    #1496614 - 04/26/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ahhhh.

thanks cheif!

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #1496673 - 04/26/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Pot will never, and i repeat, never be legal while the USA exists. There may come a time when it will be legal to smoke Cannabis on the territory now known as the USA. But barring the destruction of Amerikkka in a cataclysmic world war, that day is thousands of years in future.

In a more pragmatic sense, however, the feds generally dont waste their time with posession of marijuana not at a border in less than kilogram quantities; such cases are typically handed over to the state authorities.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/26/03 07:53 PM)

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#1496693 - 04/26/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

No it will never be legalized.

Why? Because some people are fucktards and won't be able to control themselves. There will be Marijuana Anynomous and anti-pot ads, just like there are anti-tobacco and alcohol ads. All tax money we spend now on the "war" against marijuana will now be spent supporting lazy stoners who claim their "addiction" to pot is keeping them from working, like there are for alcoholics. People will begin abusing pot (if that's even possible) and fuck everything up. Sadly enough, there are people so fucking stupid that they can't even handle marijuana.

Although the concept is a nice one, having pot legalized. In fact, I wish I could go down to the gas station across the street and buy a pack of joints.

well, no I don't. you know if that was ever possible they'd lace them with something... like cigarrettes don't have JUST tobacco in em.

I think if they were to legalize pot it should be a combination of two things: like in amsterdam, where you can go to little coffeehouses and get stoned, and like Canada where you can have up to 30 grams (at least that's how i understand the canadian law).

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1496708 - 04/26/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

In CA, you could have up to an oz. without fear of criminal prosecution by the state. I believe the maximum fine for under an oz. is a $100 fine. It's practically legal here. In some cities, like San Francisco, Santa Cruz and many others, the local cops are instructed not to actively enforce marijuana laws. I could go to the local cannabis club in west LA and pick up some high grade buds legally, with a prescription from my doctor of course, but you'll find plenty of compassionate doctors here who will give you a perscription for things like headaches, alcoholism, for appetite, whatever... it's pretty easy to get.. you do have to watch for the feds though.

There are several other states that allow medical marijuana, and there will soon be more and it will become an issue of States' rights and the feds will have to recognize the will of the people sooner or later.

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1496717 - 04/26/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"Pot will never, and i repeat, never be legal while the USA exists. There may come a time when it will be legal to smoke Cannabis on the territory now known as the USA. But barring the destruction of Amerikkka in a cataclysmic world war, that day is thousands of years in future."

Why?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1496727 - 04/26/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If use becomes widespread enough, there will be sufficient support for legalization. Illegal drugs are illegal because they're used by the the fringes of society. Marijuana use is becoming more and more common, so if it gets to the point where it's used as widely as tobacco, then it will become legal.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1496743 - 04/26/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"Why? Because some people are fucktards and won't be able to control themselves. There will be Marijuana Anynomous and anti-pot ads, just like there are anti-tobacco and alcohol ads. All tax money we spend now on the "war" against marijuana will now be spent supporting lazy stoners who claim their "addiction" to pot is keeping them from working, like there are for alcoholics. People will begin abusing pot (if that's even possible) and fuck everything up. Sadly enough, there are people so fucking stupid that they can't even handle marijuana."

Alcohol is legal, widely used, and widely abused. There are alot of people who "cannot" work because they are addicted to alcohol. Alcohol is far more addictive than marijuana, and it is much more difficult to be a functional alcoholic than a functional marijuana addict.

Yet the cost of welfare for non-working alcoholics is still significantly less than the cost of prohibition would be. The same will hold true for marijuana, only moreso.

"well, no I don't. you know if that was ever possible they'd lace them with something... like cigarrettes don't have JUST tobacco in em."

You can buy additive-free tobacco if you'd like. Cigarette companies sell cigarettes with additives because that's what most people want to buy. How many people you know smoke American Spirits? How many smoke Marlboro?

If pot were legal, you'd have the option of buying FDA certified, guaranteed 100% pure cannabis. Right now, you get it from a drug dealer.

"I think if they were to legalize pot it should be a combination of two things: like in amsterdam, where you can go to little coffeehouses and get stoned, and like Canada where you can have up to 30 grams (at least that's how i understand the canadian law)."

Or people should just be allowed to live as they please so long as they don't harm or endanger other members of society.

Your suggestion is probably closer to what will actually happen though.

Edited by OOOO (04/27/03 11:22 AM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: OOOO]
    #1496817 - 04/26/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

never say never

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1496968 - 04/26/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pot will never, and i repeat, never be legal while the USA exists.

As sad as it is, and as much as I hate to admit it.....

I think you are pretty much dead on.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: ]
    #1496989 - 04/26/03 10:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Your all silly...NEVER? You shouldnt use never as a qualifier, EVER. They said we'd NEVER beat the British, they said we'd NEVER land on the moon, and now you say we'll NEVER be able to smoke dope legally.

It'll happen...Not soon, this I agree with...50 years? 60 years? I dont think you all appreciate how much can happen in that long....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Anonymous

#1497037 - 04/26/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'd be more likely see the end of the world before I can buy joints at cumbies. Especially since our country has been falling apart the last few years and heading towards a nazi-like place.

Hey it's not like actually matters if it get legalized. You can still buy it anywhere. If you're really dying to have it legal and marijuana is an important part of your life, then just move to amsterdam.

I'd rather see it legal everywhere for medical marijuana.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #1497068 - 04/26/03 11:19 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yes it will..

It wont be long now.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Will Marijuana EVER Be Legalized in USA? [Re: ]
    #1497075 - 04/26/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

imagine walking thru the street, joint burning...

like in times square...

whoa...

well, who knows, maybey the prez after our next one will be keen to that idea, like pretend to be an evil rubublican type, and suddenly, after he is in office, before he is impeached he legalizes weed, and takes away capitol punishment...

Then the next prez tries to get rid of weed, but it has really caught on, so the attemps to make it illegal again fail miserably, lke what happened when they tried to illegalize alcohol...

that is really our only hope.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract