Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

Loc: HMAS Hammersley
Buffers Grow Logs: WBS Mycobags
    #14959139 - 08/21/11 11:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys,

I am pressure cooking up three sealed WBS mycobags 3 x pints in each that I soaked for only about 8 hours, then simmered for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally. They plumped up pretty nice. The wbs I got are kinda shitty, cracked corn and lacking the darker orange seeds.

I let them drip dry about 20 minutes..but I didn't get crazy with it (no puddle or anything..atleast not before I put them in the PC)..as I saw a few experienced people (even one dude posted a video) say that they don't have to be completely dried. While others left it to dry for a while.

Double impulse sealed the bitches. They are the .5um micron bags supposodly presealable (we will see if they exploded :lol:)

Before the PC

After the PC

Got them in there for 60 minutes then I am going to let them cool overnight. I have 10cc Texas & 5cc Mazatapec..so I guess I will do 5cc each. I was planning to just make a dot with a marker, put some clear tape over the dot, then tomorrow inject 5cc into each bag, replace clear tape over the hole then mix around.

As long as my PC doesnt fail ;/ I should be good. I ran out of butane so I am using this shitty hot plate I modified. No I didn't mod it to perform like a $1k stove. If you try and use shitty 1000k watt hot plates, usually they have a thermostat (a rudamentary version) that makes the power click off when it heats up to hot, which causes the PC to loose pressure.

If you open up the hot plate, basically there are two plates tha make contact, when they heat up, one bends away. I just broke the soldeir on the spindle for the post and loosened it one more turn out and it never clicks off. I have a fire extingisher near by :lol:

Update: 8/22/2011
Quote:

Well I inoculated them with 2cc each (yeah I can see how tha tis MORE than enough). I am already off to a bad start, two of the 3 bags were sealed improperly.

I noticed 1 bag slightly plumpier then the rest and realized the seal wasn't complete on the edge where the plastic is 4x as thick because of the gussets. I fixed it as soon as I noticed..but I am sure a little air could have entered the bag at some point. Then I was testing the strength of my other bags and broke one of the sealed lol, but only a little air squeezed out and I held it shut until I impulse sealed it a few seconds later.

A lot of people just use surgical tape in the PC, then remove the tape and impulse seal after..so air must enter the bag then right?

Haha..oh well, guess we'll see what happens. I am going to prepare some more WBS later this week and make up 5 bags right from start to finish. Where I dont run out of butane, seal good, etc.. But it should be interesting to see if these bags make it or they contaminate.

Here they are in with my PF dudes.

Update: 8/24
Quote:

Okay I had another syringe so I figured I'd make some more bags for this wbs run. I saved 2cc of it to make an LC with. I used Petco brand WBS this time. Made four 2.5lb bags. This time I washed it nicely, soaked for 12hr, simmered for 25 minutes, then sealed in mycobags and pressure cooked. Once I got up to 15PSI I ran it for 2 hours. The next morning (today) I inoculated them each with 2cc Texas.

10lb Petco WBS washed soaked and ready to be PC'd

Four 2.5lb bags cooling down that were inoculated after fooling cooling on 8/24

The bags in with the two I made yesterday as well as the remaining Brazil's that are almost done & PES Hawaii. The WBS looks burnt but it actually just came a darker color from the company that bagged it.
from my brf to bulk grow.

Update: 8/30
Quote:

I just want to say.. DONT FOLLOW MY WBS steps lol. They leave something to be desired.

I pretty much made both batches of WBS the same..but the 2nd one I got that wet slimey look after like a week & I think it started to ferment a bit. The 1st batch is colonizing..A little on the wet side on the exterior of the seeds..but it hasn't created a problem in th epast 8 days. I lost the other bags after only 6 soon as I noticed the grimeyslime.

Here is a pic of the colonizing WBS. I thought it was contam at first..looks like a cotton ball lol.

There is a 3rd bag too..it's colonizing on the BoTTOm of the bag..and these on top..weird.

Update: 9/6
Quote:

Well these guys are chuggin along..slowly but surely.

Edited by buffer (09/06/11 11:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledtowntoker
gimme a spliff
Re: Buffers Grow Logs 2: WBS Mycobags [Re: buffer]
    #14959189 - 08/22/11 12:14 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Pressure cook for 90 minutes at least, don't use 5 mL per bag

--------------------

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

Re: Buffers Grow Logs 2: WBS Mycobags [Re: dtowntoker]
    #14959279 - 08/22/11 12:47 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That doc wbs tek says 60 min at 15 psi..thats what I am following-thats where I got 60 from. Why 90? Most threads I can find say 90 is over kill 60, some even say you can ge tby with less. Link

How many CC should I be using for 3 pint bags.. I use 1/4 cc per hole x 4 holes on my half 1/2 pint jars. So why is 5cc so far off?

So that is 1 cc per 1/2 pint, 2 per pint, 6cc per 3 pints? Well I am estimating 3 pints.. The measuring cups are 8oz, but I filled them all the way to the top 5 times.

Edited by buffer (08/22/11 01:03 AM)

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

#14959352 - 08/22/11 01:25 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well the bags came out of the PC..and they didn't explode. So the presealable bags held up to their word.
I thought they looked a bit wet inside, but they look just like Cybers bags in his WBS mycobag tek.

Here they are after coolin off for a bit.

I just opened the PC up. They look like they changed color in the pics but they didn't. Bags are less tedious then jars by far..but preparing the WBS was equal or more work than preparing PF jars IMO. I am anxious to see how the bags perform. It's too bad I don't have an LC.

Going to go to sleep now and inoculate in the morning. It seems like no matter what I always finish up at 3am.:cheers:

Edited by buffer (08/22/11 01:28 AM)

OfflineFunjee Jumper
Universe Beholder
Male

Loc: Germany Flag
    #14959519 - 08/22/11 03:04 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nice work.. def. keep us posted!

I'm curious to see how this works.

--------------------
Ralph beat me for $35. The admins won't allow me to make a thread about it. Called me a drama queen.

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

Re: Buffers Grow Logs 2: WBS Mycobags [Re: Funjee Jumper]
    #14960556 - 08/22/11 11:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Will do~! These bags were still warm 10 hours later!

The bags look even better than last night as far as moisture and evenness goes.

Is it ok to just inject and put a peice of scotch tape over it or duct tape? Is it necessary to cover the little 16g hole with micropore? I don't have any at the moment..I could go buy some if need be but the pharmacy by me doesnt sell it..so I dont feel like goin all the way to cvs.

Is 5ml per bag reasonable or should I be using more or less? In cybers wbs tek he uses 6 but his bags are 3 quarts I think he estimates (half gal, though my bags look to be half gal's too now that they have expanded a fuckload).

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #14960656 - 08/22/11 11:37 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You don't need to put tape over the injection site if you are using the bags with the black discs attached. I would recommend putting a strip of micropore tape over the filters though. I had several bags of wbs contam on me recently and after ruling out the culture and prep method, I realized it was the presealable filters that were the problem. After putting micropore tape over the filters (prior to pc'ing) as an extra layer of filter material I have had zero problems.

It seems like the filters coming with the presealable bags lately are a bit too porous. That's my personal observation anyway and I've been using these bags for years.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

Loc: Myco-tek.org
Re: Buffers Grow Logs 2: WBS Mycobags [Re: FooMan]
    #14960704 - 08/22/11 11:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

That doc wbs tek says 60 min at 15 psi..thats what I am following-thats where I got 60 from. Why 90?

I PC my bags @ 15psi for 120min.

Was the tek you were reading PCing bags?

I have been having bacteria problems recently, and I stepped it up from 90 to 120.
I have yet to be able to discern if it was the PC time or filter patch. Time will tell.

One other tip is to put a few lid rings between the bags, to ensure even heating.

Quote:

It seems like the filters coming with the presealable bags lately are a bit too porous.

:whathesaid: I have a suspicion this is the cause of my bacterial problem.

--------------------
“Sacred cows make the best hamburger”

Mark Twain

Independant Research Foundation

Invisibledtowntoker
gimme a spliff
    #14960723 - 08/22/11 11:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

buffer said:
That doc wbs tek says 60 min at 15 psi..thats what I am following-thats where I got 60 from. Why 90? Most threads I can find say 90 is over kill 60, some even say you can ge tby with less. Link

How many CC should I be using for 3 pint bags.. I use 1/4 cc per hole x 4 holes on my half 1/2 pint jars. So why is 5cc so far off?

So that is 1 cc per 1/2 pint, 2 per pint, 6cc per 3 pints? Well I am estimating 3 pints.. The measuring cups are 8oz, but I filled them all the way to the top 5 times.

So because you use 1cc for a half pint you automatically think that since you have 6 of them in the bag you need to scale the spore solution up as well?

You are also using bags which have way more density of substrate than a 2/3rds full quart jar.

--------------------

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

Re: Buffers Grow Logs 2: WBS Mycobags [Re: dtowntoker]
    #14960743 - 08/22/11 12:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dtowntoker said:
Quote:

buffer said:

So because you use 1cc for a half pint you automatically think that since you have 6 of them in the bag you need to scale the spore solution up as well?

You are also using bags which have way more density of substrate than a 2/3rds full quart jar.

Is it possible for you to give an answer? So far you said don't use 6cc, now you are attacking my logic. You know..it would be pretty simple to say what you recommend to use.

Super duper helpful. No need to reply though..other cats are helpin out. Don't need someone in my thread trying to start a fight. :lol:

Edited by buffer (08/22/11 12:04 PM)

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

#14960754 - 08/22/11 12:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Carl Sagan said:
Quote:

That doc wbs tek says 60 min at 15 psi..thats what I am following-thats where I got 60 from. Why 90?

I PC my bags @ 15psi for 120min.

Was the tek you were reading PCing bags?

I have been having bacteria problems recently, and I stepped it up from 90 to 120.
I have yet to be able to discern if it was the PC time or filter patch. Time will tell.

One other tip is to put a few lid rings between the bags, to ensure even heating.

Quote:

It seems like the filters coming with the presealable bags lately are a bit too porous.

:whathesaid: I have a suspicion this is the cause of my bacterial problem.

Carl,

Yeah I have the same fear! I got both .2um and .5um and the .5 is such a big difference you can almost blow through it. Still makes for a good filter..but I am apprehensive.

I ended up pressure cooking for 80 minutes officially at 15psi so we'll see what happens..in reality I pressure cooked for like over 2 hour but pressure dropped below 15 for a little..because I was up to pressure fine then my butane ran out (was not expecting it) so I had to transfer to a hotplate and it took a bit to get back up to pressure. The cyber bag tek says 2 hrs, docs tek for jars says 1 hr. I didn't even think about there being a possible difference between the two!

Thanks for the reply! Cheers carl!

Edited by buffer (08/22/11 12:09 PM)

InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

#14960793 - 08/22/11 12:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

1 or 2ml is plenty. I don't shake after a MS inoculation. Some people do.:shrug:

Less is more with MS.

I like less genetic diversity.

Once you shake @ 20%, you'll have exponentially more inoculation points.

--------------------

Mark Twain

InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

Re: Buffers Grow Logs 2: WBS Mycobags [Re: Carl Sagan]
    #14960814 - 08/22/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Carl,

Yeah I have the same fear! I got both .2um and .5um and the .5 is such a big difference you can almost blow through it. Still makes for a good filter..but I am apprehensive.

I ended up pressure cooking for 80 minutes officially at 15psi so we'll see what happens..in reality I pressure cooked for like over 2 hour but pressure dropped below 15 for a little..because I was up to pressure fine then my butane ran out (was not expecting it) so I had to transfer to a hotplate and it took a bit to get back up to pressure. The cyber bag tek says 2 hrs, docs tek for jars says 1 hr. I didn't even think about there being a possible difference between the two!

I wouldn't worry to much, if you have any problems, they more than likely will be bacteria. Which, IME, isn't all that hard to deal with.

--------------------

Mark Twain

Edited by Carl Sagan (08/22/11 12:16 PM)

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

#14960837 - 08/22/11 12:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Carl Sagan said:
1 or 2ml is plenty. I don't shake after a MS inoculation. Some people do.:shrug:

Less is more with MS.

I like less genetic diversity.

Once you shake @ 20%, you'll have exponentially more inoculation points.

Interesting...I totally was going to mash the bag up after I inoculated.

The help is greatly appreciated.

Dammit I wish I came here before I made up these bags..I could have made more. I had it in my head I was going to need a lot more spore solution then needed making up pf jars.

I am anxious to see how these filters work.. technically .5um is too big to keep out all contaminants. Some bacteria is smaller (or most? not sure) and can pass through that. THey use .22um when filtering injection solution in the hospital for the same purpose, to filter out microscopic pollutants the eye cant see and even somethign like cotton filtering (if you ever shot dope before) couldn't  catch.

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

#14960846 - 08/22/11 12:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Carl Sagan said:
Quote:

Carl,

I wouldn't worry to much, if you have any problems, they more than likely will be bacteria. Which, IME, isn't all that hard to deal with.

I mean it's all good..I am not worried. This whole thing is a learning experience. I have a fuckload more supplies so having to throw out 3 bags is no big deal (except for the annoyance of making them up).

I am trying to figure out #1 what techniques work best in my environment, & #2 how I can be the laziest mother fucker possible while growing.

InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

#14960869 - 08/22/11 12:25 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dammit I wish I came here before I made up these bags..I could have made more. I had it in my head I was going to need a lot more spore solution then needed making up pf jars.

:lol: You're good man, make more bags when you have time.

If I had a dime for every time I thought of a better way, of doing a procedure......
I'd have allot of dimes :lol:

It's the learning curve......  you're off to a great start!:murray:

--------------------

Mark Twain

InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

#14960911 - 08/22/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

#1 what techniques work best in my environment, & #2 how I can be the laziest mother fucker possible while growing.

1. See, you've already figured out that 50% of cultivation is understanding how YOUR
    environmental conditions react with the procedures.  Allot of trial and error.

2. :lol:  It may appear that it's laziness, but I like to think of it as efficiency.:lol:

--------------------

Mark Twain

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

#14961523 - 08/22/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well I inoculated them with 2cc each (yeah I can see how tha tis MORE than enough). I am already off to a bad start, two of the 3 bags were sealed improperly.

I noticed 1 bag slightly plumpier then the rest and realized the seal wasn't complete on the edge where the plastic is 4x as thick because of the gussets. I fixed it as soon as I noticed..but I am sure a little air could have entered the bag at some point. Then I was testing the strength of my other bags and broke one of the sealed lol, but only a little air squeezed out and I held it shut until I impulse sealed it a few seconds later.

A lot of people just use surgical tape in the PC, then remove the tape and impulse seal after..so air must enter the bag then right?

Haha..oh well, guess we'll see what happens. I am going to prepare some more WBS later this week and make up 5 bags right from start to finish. Where I dont run out of butane, seal good, etc.. But it should be interesting to see if these bags make it or they contaminate.

Here they are in with my PF dudes.

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

#14961538 - 08/22/11 02:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Carl Sagan said:
Quote:

#1 what techniques work best in my environment, & #2 how I can be the laziest mother fucker possible while growing.

1. See, you've already figured out that 50% of cultivation is understanding how YOUR
    environmental conditions react with the procedures.  Allot of trial and error.

2. :lol:  It may appear that it's laziness, but I like to think of it as efficiency.:lol:

That's a great way of putting it. Yeah I like it better like that :lol:

Invisiblebuffer
Senior Seaman Sailor

#14972331 - 08/24/11 06:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Okay I had another syringe so I figured I'd make some more bags for this wbs run. I saved 2cc of it to make an LC with. I used Petco brand WBS this time. Made four 2.5lb bags. This time I washed it nicely, soaked for 12hr, simmered for 25 minutes, then sealed in mycobags and pressure cooked. Once I got up to 15PSI I ran it for 2 hours. The next morning (today) I inoculated them each with 2cc Texas.

10lb Petco WBS washed soaked and ready to be PC'd

Four 2.5lb bags cooling down that were inoculated after fooling cooling on 8/24

The bags in with the two I made yesterday as well as the remaining Brazil's that are almost done & PES Hawaii. The WBS looks burnt but it actually just came a darker color from the company that bagged it.
from my first little journal.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale