Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

entrusting your energy
    #1495410 - 04/26/03 09:42 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i've noticed when I'm with certain people or doing something stimulating, I 'give' my energy to that source or whatever you want to call it. i let my mind adapt to it. it's sort of like just getting high off any situation and then when the situation is not there anymore I 'come down' off it.

like when I jam with my band I get so totally immersed in it, and then when I return to the social world it's like some rude shock...

im sure theres many other examples.... sex, tripping, being in nature

so I'm saying it's like you take your life force and just hand it over to some certain time or place and hope that you don't have withdrawls when the environment changes. well that's if you're even aware of what's going on...

i've gone a long time just looking for little nooks and crannies to put myself into
but there is no escape from the cycle!!
it hunts me down like a fuckin bloodhound every time, it must be confronted

i think i have to remember to really take life as it is... that it's not really possible for me to get comfortable anywheres or arrive at conclusions in the hastey ways I've been trying to.

environments are changing
mindstates are fleeting
but balance still exists... you just can't half-ass it

know what I mean?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: entrusting your energy [Re: Grav]
    #1495821 - 04/26/03 02:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean, I and many others go through the same thing every day ...

However, as I am working on with my herbalist, you can teach yourself to adapt to all situations and be neutral within all of them so that you can then change to positive or negative feelings, rather than be forced into one extreme or the other.

When I was tripping on a heavy dose of acid a few years ago, I manifested a little cabin in an emerald forest in my mind where I could go to and experience absolute bliss and peace. What my intention was was to make the cabin available to me in my daily, sober life.

By constantly trying to access the cabin in my sober mind, I eventually 'got in' and since have never had a problem going back in the forest at will. Whenever I would have stress that was unbearable, I would close my eyes and transport myself to that cabin, and when I would open my eyes again the stress would be gone.

Try doing something like this for yourself, it may turn out to be exactly the thing to help you out ...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology