Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehighwaychile992
Stranger
Male
First trip tomorrow, few questions
    #14946286 - 08/19/11 10:21 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I plan on tripping for the first time tomorrow on about 1.8 grams of home grown shrooms. Are there any ways to reduce the chances of nausea, and what are some ways to consume it to kill the taste?

--------------------
"As Above, So Below."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: highwaychile992]
    #14946308 - 08/19/11 10:29 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Just eat em, then wash them down with a beer. Nausea isn't a big deal for everyone. I really don't think it will be a problem with 1.8 grams. That is a very low dose, so have some weed nearby, in case you end up disappointed with the strength.

Other than that you'll be fine, 1.8 grams shouldn't be hard to put down, or to handle. Have fun :awecid:

Offlinehighwaychile992
Stranger
Male
Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #14946349 - 08/19/11 10:40 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the advice. I really want a good visual experience but at the same time i dont want to risk an overwhelming trip on my first time, thats why my dosage is so low. I gotta 1/4th total and im trying to stretch it over 3 trips.

--------------------
"As Above, So Below."

InvisiblePsilicubes
Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions *DELETED* [Re: highwaychile992]
    #14946425 - 08/19/11 11:05 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Psilicubes

Reason for deletion: Property of the DEA

InvisibleRedSnapper
nuerosonic
 User Gallery

Loc: Endless marshlands
Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: Psilicubes]
    #14946566 - 08/19/11 11:46 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

If you're worried about any nausea, eat some ginger 45 minutes or an hour before you consume your mushrooms.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: RedSnapper]
    #14946673 - 08/19/11 12:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

1.8 should be fine - but just FYI we're not supposed to get into dosage advice as there are just too many variables to take into consideration to give you an accurate assessment.

For taste, you can do something simple like eating them with Doritos (Doritos are pretty gross tho, but they do cover the taste)

Or you can grind the mushrooms, and soak in 1-2 ounces of lemon juice (organic :smile:) for a few minutes and then drink like a shot - you can have a juice chaser and there will be virtually no taste at all - but grinding them and drinking makes the trip come on quicker...

OfflineGlayvin
Desert Species
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: dwpineal]
    #14946789 - 08/19/11 12:44 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Drench in honey or agave nectar :smile:

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: Glayvin]
    #14947089 - 08/19/11 01:48 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Make them into a tea. :smile:

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Offlinenixon
Funguy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Psych-ward Flag
Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: Legend]
    #14947355 - 08/19/11 02:33 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I had 1.8g my first dose, i wasn't disappointed, but it wasn't what i was expecting, Strength was OK but the trip had me have the "trip face" the whole time, everything just seemed a lot better

--------------------
masspan said:
in your 2nd pic that mushroom is actively standing on its head for sure

nearhorn said:
what does that mean? its active?

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: nixon]
    #14947516 - 08/19/11 03:06 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I would agree with honey

Cover them in honey, and down the hatch...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinepaulhogandog
asphyxiated horse
Male

Loc: nw uk Flag
Re: First trip tomorrow, few questions [Re: HarryL]
    #14948302 - 08/19/11 06:20 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

1.8g really isn't very much to cope with actually eating. it's a different story if you're eating them wet and there's 10 times as much! you likely won't find the taste amazing, but with that amount if you just munch them down then drink something it'll be fine.

also i'd like to say i think that dosage is fine personally. i just came back to psychedelics after years of being away. i've taken doses that were too big for me before (equivalent of 7g+ dry) and when i tripped for the first time in years earlier this week i took 7g wet of mexicana sclerotia. that's supposedly equal to around 14g wet of cubes, or 1.4g dry. i still had a really awesome trip, thought about a lot of things, laughed and cried and had relatively intense moments at the peak.

you may not find that dose massively visual. if you're looking to get visuals i would advise you not to dose more, but simply close your eyes at points and look at the CEVs, as well as zoning out looking at things (clouds/stars etc) - i always found that concentrating on looking at things is more likely to make visuals disappear on lower doses; relaxing and zoning out, almost staring through things, is what often sets it off for me. if it gets too intense you can open your eyes, or focus your vision on something else, stand up, move around.

i'm sure you'll have a great time though :smile: i'm sure you've read up a lot but i feel so happy and confident after my trip earlier in the week and i'd just like to say - if you ever feel the trip taking a wrong turn, always remember you're on a drug and the feeling will go away. if you happen to feel yourself getting upset/depressed over something you don't want to dwell on, or find yourself in a thought loop over an upsetting/depressing thought (even after dealing with it) just be aware that you can easily distract yourself with a task, or simply change what you are thinking about, should you consciously choose to do so.

that might sound silly right now, but psychedelics do alter your perceptions, and sometimes you get carried away on a trip and forget those simple truths. always keep them in the back of your mind to ensure you don't get into a negative cycle of worry over anything.

that knowledge has always kept me safe. i've had over 25 trips and even the big one i mentioned that scared me off for a while wasn't truly "bad" - it was just difficult and i wasn't fully prepared for it mentally then, but even then i still got by without it taking a turn for the worse!

everything will be ok :smile:

just enjoy the ride.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience