Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
US makes criminals priority for deportation
    #14945915 - 08/19/11 07:16 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Many illegal immigrants who were facing deportation despite having no criminal record will be allowed to stay in the country and apply for a work permit under new rules from the Homeland Security Department. Republicans are balking at the change.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced Thursday that the department will focus on deporting illegal immigrants who are criminals or pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Ok, I might not be the brightest person in the world, but the last time I checked, it was illegal to enter the US illegally; therefore, all illegal aliens are criminals.  This is pretty simple logic that I would expect a 10 year old to understand.  I'm amazed, though perhaps I shouldn't be, that the Obama administration is trying to sell this snake oil to the public.

My guess is that Obama is worried about the next election, so he is looking for votes wherever he can get them... illegal (alien) or not.

Quote:

"Congress is so stuck in its partisan politics, the immigration situation is getting worse and worse and worse," Lichter said. "This is the administration's only way, and frankly a very appropriate way, to come up with an interim fix."

Why not apply the same logic to illegal drugs?  "Congress is stuck in its partisan politics, social problems from the war on drugs are getting worse and worse.  Ignoring drug laws is the administration's only way, and frankly a very appropriate way, to come up with an interim fix."  Somehow, I don't see that flying...

(I cut the middle of the article to save space ... feel free to read the entire thing at the above link.)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: US makes criminals priority for deportation [Re: Seuss]
    #14945953 - 08/19/11 07:43 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
My guess is that Obama is worried about the next election, so he is looking for votes wherever he can get them... illegal (alien) or not.

That.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: US makes criminals priority for deportation [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #14946007 - 08/19/11 08:17 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Seuss said:

That.

He'll be using that ACORN group again, yes? :smile:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #14946299 - 08/19/11 10:27 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Many illegal immigrants who were facing deportation despite having no criminal record will be allowed to stay in the country and apply for a work permit

Last time I checked, entering the country illegally makes you a criminal. I think that's what the "illegal" part of "illegal immigrant" means.

Plus this whole work permit thing concerns me. It creates large fractions of the population who know they'll be going home when the work permit expires, and so they have no vested interest in the welfare of the local community. They don't live there and will be leaving eventually, so why should they care?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: US makes criminals priority for deportation [Re: Diploid]
    #14946460 - 08/19/11 11:17 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Agreed, how do we go about removing them though? Is the cost worth it?

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: US makes criminals priority for deportation [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #14946494 - 08/19/11 11:27 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

First we remove Obama then we stuff the illegals on a plane.  With extreme prejudice.  Arrest them, put them in a cell and tell them they can take the ticket or they can wait for trial.  In the cell.

--------------------

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: US makes criminals priority for deportation [Re: zappaisgod]
    #14946519 - 08/19/11 11:34 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

So jail or leave? That seems fair, who is the best republican candidate with regard to the border? I know Johnson is the weakest(he blows on this issue) and Perry ain't that much better(opposed the arizona law). Paul has a plan, but he wants to use the troops from Afghanistan/Iraq and put them on the border and that seems to violate posse comitatus. None of these fucks seem to have a solid plan with regard to this issue.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14946652 - 08/19/11 12:08 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

love2shpongleIRL said:
So jail or leave? That seems fair, who is the best republican candidate with regard to the border? I know Johnson is the weakest(he blows on this issue) and Perry ain't that much better(opposed the arizona law). Paul has a plan, but he wants to use the troops from Afghanistan/Iraq and put them on the border and that seems to violate posse comitatus. None of these fucks seem to have a solid plan with regard to this issue.

He wants to put US military forces on the border?  What a fucking maroon.

What I said was that they can get out of jail right away and leave or they can sit in jail awaiting trial.  Except for the get the fuck out part that is exactly how criminals are treated when the offense is serious enough.  I think border crashing rises to that level.  Nor do I think they should be granted bail.  They are a flight risk and I don't me to go back to the shithole from whence they came.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
    #14947252 - 08/19/11 02:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Obama gunna do his best to get re-elected.  Gunna play the "i got dealt this hand" card more times than we can count - and will do any and everything to build his voterbase.  Look for black-oriented concessions to come next, as they aren't too happy with obama since he "hasn't done anything for them"

(WTF can he do for theM?)

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #14947297 - 08/19/11 02:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

> So jail or leave?

Why not send them to Chicago?  Let Illinois deal with the problem.

> What I said was that they can get out of jail right away and leave or they can sit in jail awaiting trial.

Why is it so hard to prosecute illegal aliens?  Got a visa?  Got a green card?  Seems to me that the majority of these should go as fast as traffic court.

Also, when countries like Mexico help their citizens enter the US illegally, I think the US should bill said countries for the costs associated with deporting their citizens.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
    #14947308 - 08/19/11 02:24 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Also, when countries like Mexico help their citizens enter the US illegally, I think the US should bill said countries for the costs associated with deporting their citizens.

I love that idea.  SUcks it could never fly.  Its a shame too.  Remittances from US-->Mexico are the second largest international source of revenues (after oil), if i remember correctly.

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

#14947388 - 08/19/11 02:39 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Don't send em here, pisses me off to no end that we are a sanctuary city.

--------------------
T. S. Eliot

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

#14948464 - 08/19/11 06:59 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Many illegal immigrants who were facing deportation despite having no criminal record will be allowed to stay in the country and apply for a work permit under new rules

So why the fuck would they leave when the work permit expires? They already came here and did not leave in the first place.

So hey we caught you! now were going to let you stay longer. Then... THEN! you have to leave... :lol:

:cookiemonster:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #14949889 - 08/20/11 12:16 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Many illegal immigrants who were facing deportation despite having no criminal record will be allowed to stay in the country and apply for a work permit under new rules from the Homeland Security Department. Republicans are balking at the change.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced Thursday that the department will focus on deporting illegal immigrants who are criminals or pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Ok, I might not be the brightest person in the world, but the last time I checked, it was illegal to enter the US illegally; therefore, all illegal aliens are criminals.

Just because they are present in violation of the law does not mean they entered the US illegally.  For example, they may have entered pursuant to a visa that expired.  In this case they would not be violating a criminal statute.  (at least wouldn't have been violating one that I know of in the recent past, maybe something has changed)

Additionally, pretty much everyone has committed criminal acts, especially those with motor vehicles since states tend to make operation of those nearly impossible for any length of time without committing a crime.  If they are not convicted per law they should be presumed innocent.

Of course all this bullshit is exactly the problem with having laws that are not enforced: it gives the executive the ability to discriminatorily enforce the law by targeting people they don't like and leaving the rest alone.  Selective prosecution should be guarded against, but its basically impossible to do so when the congress passes such sweeping and voluminous criminal provisions, of which few are enforceable/enforced with any regularity.

Quote:

Why not apply the same logic to illegal drugs?  "Congress is stuck in its partisan politics, social problems from the war on drugs are getting worse and worse.  Ignoring drug laws is the administration's only way, and frankly a very appropriate way, to come up with an interim fix."  Somehow, I don't see that flying...

Yep.  Far as I can tell, bitching about "parisanship" is pretty popular with the uninformed.  They have no idea what's going on, but are sure its "partisanship"- as if there aren't real differences between the various sides but only petty party squables.  Fact is the legislative branch was set up specifically to ensure those "partisans" could stop all but those provisions with majority support.  The alternative is passing a Reichstag Fire Decree/Enabling Act type of legislation and then you'll see plenty of things get done, and shortly be reminded why those petty squabbles are helpful.

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
    #14950512 - 08/20/11 02:43 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

The administration threw this under the radar as well.  Being the end of August and all when a lot of citizens travel to other states for vacation, it strategically seems like a good time to put it out there. Not my original thought I heard it from another source but it makes sense.

And a counter measure to this is the media's new illegal poster boy who saved a child from being kidnapped.  It's all over the MSM. Also, makes perfect sense for the liberally biased media to use this in debate.  Check the front page of CNN or NYTimes if anyone hasn't heard the story. It's a pathetic tactic really, one person's good deed makes up for the millions of illegals?!!??!?! 

I'm all for immigrants. You want to live here, fine by me.  But I'm not going to judge moral character or how many hardships someone endured to get here.  Whether it be by raft from Cuba or enduring the Mexican desert.  This is not reality television, there are legal avenues and the wrong way to go about things, period.

Go to one of these liberal pundit's house who support illegal immigration and fire up their grill and start using their pool. See how far the "I just want a better life" act goes.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: US makes criminals priority for deportation [Re: despisedicon]
    #14952298 - 08/20/11 02:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

> I'm all for immigrants. You want to live here, fine by me.

Exactly.  If somebody wants to move to the US, and bring their family, and start a new life as US citizens, and adopt US culture, and learn to speak English, I have no complaints.  My gripe is with illegal aliens that ignore the legal process, break the law to enter the country illegally, leech from the system, send everything they make back to their family in another country, and then leave when the economy starts to crater.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #14957365 - 08/21/11 05:48 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Look lets finish the job we started  many years ago and take the rest of Mexico. Problem solved.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: US makes criminals priority for deportation [Re: Icelander]
    #14957524 - 08/21/11 06:34 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Look lets finish the job we started  many years ago and take the rest of Mexico. Problem solved.

Do not want.

--------------------

Invisiblenopalero
dirt worshipper

Loc: up in ya
    #14957782 - 08/21/11 07:57 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

damn illegals..  :cop:

:smbfacepalm: 

:tardpig:  :etjesus:

--------------------
the dinosaurs will be back.
only that which has passed can be predicted.
life is both a mirror and a window.

THE GRAYS HOPE TO WIN. STOP. RAINBOW NEEDED URGENTLY.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: US makes criminals priority for deportation [Re: Icelander]
    #14959457 - 08/22/11 04:17 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

> Look lets finish the job we started  many years ago and take the rest of Mexico. Problem solved.

Illegal aliens also come from countries other than Mexico.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Political Discussion