Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblah818
Stranger
lemon juice?
    #9242282 - 11/14/08 02:45 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

first question is.. is it true takin a shot of lemon juice makes you trip nuts when peaking? second question is.. hows it make you trip does it make things more dissorted or more mental or colors or what? im eatin up some mushies soon and was just wonderin and if you guys have any other suggestions on what to grab for a fun trip please suggest away... glow stick? lemon juice? orange juice? fruit? specific video games? specific movies? i wanna have a good time lol even though i live in florida its hard for me to get mushrooms so i want this one to be a AWSOME one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineretrospect
Re: lemon juice? [Re: blah818]
    #9242295 - 11/14/08 02:56 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: lemon juice? [Re: retrospect]
    #9243890 - 11/14/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Lemon tek is hella powerful, I find it doubles the trip in terms of visuals and mind fuck while cutting down on the time for the trip significantly.

It's a very intense short trip, in simplest terms.

What you do is you grind up some shrooms (2g will get you a nice trip, very visual if you smoke some weed too) in a coffee grinder, your goal is to turn it into like a powder type thing.  If you don't have a coffee grinder, no problem just use your hands and tear off as small pieces as you possibly can.  Next you throw the powdered shrooms in a glass and cut up 2 lemons, squeeze the juice from the lemons (once again, you can use your hand if you don't have anything to extract the juice) into the glass of powdered shrooms, get every last drop in there.  Let this concoction sit for about 15-20 minutes, make sure to stir it every 5 minutes or occasionally.

Then you gotta down it like a shot of really strong liquor, be warned, its not a very good taste, my suggestion is don't keep the shroom/lemon mix in your mouth for too long, just swallow it the instant it hits your tongue, have a chase ready in case you want to throw up, just chase the shroom/lemon down with some cola or orange juice.

15-20 minutes after you ingest, prepare for a sweet ass trip.

The theory behind this is that when you powder the shrooms you expose more surface area of the shrooms (simple chemistry), the lemon juice is highly acidic and has quite a low pH level compared to other drinkable juices, what this acidity does is it breaks down and extracts the active hallucinogenic ingredient in shrooms, that's why you let it sit for 15-20 minuets so the juice can extract as much ingredient as it can from the exposed surface area of the powdered shrooms.  So when you drink it, the hallucinogenic ingredient doesn't have to be broken down by your body, its already there when you're drinking it which means it hits you that much faster and that much more harder.

Hope that helps.

edit: play some halo 3 online, its so much fun when you're tripping.  On the come up part of the shrooms (if you lemon tek then you'd have to do it 5 min after ingestion until your about to peak) play an instrument, I've pulled off some insane to do stuff on guitar (stupidly fast sweep picking) on the come up leg on shrooms, don't bother wasting time playing an instrument when you're peaking though, its just not worth it.  Go outside and explore nature, that's a no brainer.  Watch a movie, I recommend Cloverfield if you've never seen it before, quite a trip on shrooms.  Another good one to watch on shrooms is Transformers or John Carpentar's The Thing (1979 starring Kurt Russell, probably the best use of special effects in a movie ever, no CGI involved so it looks hella real, I'll go as far as to saying this movie is 10 times better than most horror/action movies these days which use over the top CGI).

Have a great trip man.

--------------------
"Prevail, the time has come
Crush the enemy, one by one
Prevail, like a venomous snake
Ready to strike and dominate
Prevail, we conquer as one
Pound the enemy, 'till it's done
Prevail!"

Edited by jeffloomis (11/14/08 12:27 PM)

Offlinelow_mat
New to Drugs
Male

Re: lemon juice? [Re: jeffloomis]
    #9243916 - 11/14/08 12:26 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to have to try that

Offlinejeffloomis
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: lemon juice? [Re: low_mat]
    #9243927 - 11/14/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

low_mat said:
I'm going to have to try that

I highly recommend it.

--------------------
"Prevail, the time has come
Crush the enemy, one by one
Prevail, like a venomous snake
Ready to strike and dominate
Prevail, we conquer as one
Pound the enemy, 'till it's done
Prevail!"

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: lemon juice? [Re: blah818]
    #9244066 - 11/14/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blah818 said:
first question is.. is it true takin a shot of lemon juice makes you trip nuts when peaking?

It could. Placebo.

I do not believe taking lemon juice during a peak will have any effect on the trip.

Others may well claim that they have tried it and it works.  I say that since there isn't really any known basis for its action, that these anecdotal reports are as useless as dirty toilet paper.

For example, the stuff that jeffloomis claims is backed up by an argument which is simply incorrect.  Hence, I suspect that either his experiences can be explain in terms of placebo, his own unique biochemistry, or some explanation other than the one he gave (sorry jeff, your explanation is no good).

Your "theory" behind it, is by no means a theory and it really fails to specifically address the lemon tek.

For example, increasing the surface area of shrooms in order to increase the psilocin extraction is not unique to the lemon method.  Chewing shrooms is going to increase the surface area.  Many people like to blend their shrooms in a drink.

And while lemon juice is acidic, so is orange juice (yet this is called the "lemon" tek).  Even milk is slightly acidic.  Soft drinks are acidic.  Your stomach is acidic.  Hence, increased surface area and acidiy cannot explain what makes LEMONS or LEMON JUICE so special.

Anything with vitamin C should have the same properties as lemon juice, in terms of extracting psilocin and preventing its degradation.  Maybe it'd be better to call it the "ascorbic acid tek."

Still, there's not any reason to think that any of this should have any effect on the experience, other than possibly increasing the effective dose.  I suggest that the differences in experiences might be due to placebo (yes, I'm sure I'll get some nice angry responses for saying that - but please read carefully, I'm suggesting it as an alternative explanation - if you want to claim it's wrong, then you'd better be able to give a good reason - all I'm doing is saying that it's still an explanation and it looks just as good as the groundless explanations based on pH and surface area).

Quote:

hows it make you trip does it make things more dissorted or more mental or colors or what?

I really doubt that anyone can quantify the effects, IF there are any, in this way.

The only reason I think that preparing shrooms in lemon juice or orange juice might result in consistently stronger experiences is because vitamin C (ascorbic acid) helps prevent the breakdown of psilocin (Hasler et al., 1997)

Hasler F, Bourquin D, Brenneisen R, Bär T, and Vollenweider FX.  Determination of psilocin and 4-hydroxyindole-3-acetic acid in plasma by HPLC-ECD and pharmacokinetic profiles of oral and intravenous psilocybin in man. Pharm Acta Helv.  72, pp. 175 - 184.  (1997)

OfflineFir3sh0t
Stranger

#14936273 - 08/17/11 09:31 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jeffloomis said:
Lemon tek is hella powerful, I find it doubles the trip in terms of visuals and mind fuck while cutting down on the time for the trip significantly.

It's a very intense short trip, in simplest terms.

What you do is you grind up some shrooms (2g will get you a nice trip, very visual if you smoke some weed too) in a coffee grinder, your goal is to turn it into like a powder type thing.  If you don't have a coffee grinder, no problem just use your hands and tear off as small pieces as you possibly can.  Next you throw the powdered shrooms in a glass and cut up 2 lemons, squeeze the juice from the lemons (once again, you can use your hand if you don't have anything to extract the juice) into the glass of powdered shrooms, get every last drop in there.  Let this concoction sit for about 15-20 minutes, make sure to stir it every 5 minutes or occasionally.

Then you gotta down it like a shot of really strong liquor, be warned, its not a very good taste, my suggestion is don't keep the shroom/lemon mix in your mouth for too long, just swallow it the instant it hits your tongue, have a chase ready in case you want to throw up, just chase the shroom/lemon down with some cola or orange juice.

15-20 minutes after you ingest, prepare for a sweet ass trip.

The theory behind this is that when you powder the shrooms you expose more surface area of the shrooms (simple chemistry), the lemon juice is highly acidic and has quite a low pH level compared to other drinkable juices, what this acidity does is it breaks down and extracts the active hallucinogenic ingredient in shrooms, that's why you let it sit for 15-20 minuets so the juice can extract as much ingredient as it can from the exposed surface area of the powdered shrooms.  So when you drink it, the hallucinogenic ingredient doesn't have to be broken down by your body, its already there when you're drinking it which means it hits you that much faster and that much more harder.

Hope that helps.

edit: play some halo 3 online, its so much fun when you're tripping.  On the come up part of the shrooms (if you lemon tek then you'd have to do it 5 min after ingestion until your about to peak) play an instrument, I've pulled off some insane to do stuff on guitar (stupidly fast sweep picking) on the come up leg on shrooms, don't bother wasting time playing an instrument when you're peaking though, its just not worth it.  Go outside and explore nature, that's a no brainer.  Watch a movie, I recommend Cloverfield if you've never seen it before, quite a trip on shrooms.  Another good one to watch on shrooms is Transformers or John Carpentar's The Thing (1979 starring Kurt Russell, probably the best use of special effects in a movie ever, no CGI involved so it looks hella real, I'll go as far as to saying this movie is 10 times better than most horror/action movies these days which use over the top CGI).

Have a great trip man.

yeah man sometimes even drinking lemon juice intensifies it

InvisibleGanja420Boy
Heroic Doser
 User Gallery

Loc: CoSmoS
    #14936304 - 08/17/11 09:41 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jeffloomis said:
I highly recommend it.

:whathesaid:

--------------------

....Synthesized love story or is it just a crazy dream....

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: lemon juice? [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #14936336 - 08/17/11 09:53 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Am with plasmid... Really, cause a few folks say 'wow, tripped balls when I did Xxx' does not really mean that was a cause....  mental state does have a great effect, So if you wanna believe it makes it better, go for it.

I think between a wanted belief in such urban ledgends, some exaggeration, some strong reactions for actual reasons (like potent mushrooms, MAOI, drug interactions), rituals, and people being realllly stoned, not to mention mental state and placebo effect, you have covered the gambit Whys of lemon tek, lemon juice, vitamin C, and other things reported to 'make you trio balls'

Just my opinion...'

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

InvisibleSouth Fillius
Male

Loc: United States
Re: lemon juice? [Re: HarryL]
    #14936350 - 08/17/11 09:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Last time I tripped a George Lopez standup came on late at night. I dont remember anything he said. Just looking at him was so funny that I cried my eyes out.

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: lemon juice? [Re: South Fillius]
    #14938814 - 08/17/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I read that the acidic juice (Low PH) converts the prodrug psilocybin into the active chemical: psilocin.
I have read it doesn't NEED to be lemon juice; I read lime works nicely.  Orange juice is less acidic.

I have also read less goodies are lost in first pass metabolism with this tek.

Lemon tek trip-reports repeatedly show stronger/more visual experiences; with faster onset... and (sometimes) a shorter duration.

Quote:

Psilocybine is a phosphate ester. The hydrolysis will, therefore, be catalyzed by any acid. Driving force of the cleavage will be the energetic stabilization of the free phosphate anion in aqueous media (= citric acid or HCl in water).

Peace! - Murphy

-MurphyClox

Quote:

Pyjamas said:
Wikipedia - Psilocin (What our body turns the Psilocybin into)  is obtained by dephosphorylation of psilocybin under strongly acidic or alkaline conditions. Psilocin is relatively unstable due to its phenolic OH group. Under alkaline conditions in the presence of oxygen it immediately forms bluish and dark black degradation products. Similar products are also formed under acidic conditions in the presence of oxygen and Fe3+ ions (Keller's reagent, FeCl3 / MeOH / HCl). Psilocin is a basic amine and forms salts with acids that are usually more stable upon storage.

Maybe they are all just full of placebo... but it sounds like some placebo that my dog would enjoy. :wink:

Blessings.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (08/17/11 06:48 PM)

Offlinemalevolence
Mathematician
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: lemon juice? [Re: flickedbic]
    #14938898 - 08/17/11 06:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What would happen if you did lemon tek with about 4g's of mushies. Used say 4 lemons. You throw back one, it hits you quick and you peak. If you take the next one about the middle of your peak, would it intensify it even more, or just extend it at the same intensity?

I've never tried lemon tek but I'm getting some mushies soon and I was considering it with the gf.

--------------------

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: lemon juice? [Re: malevolence]
    #14939797 - 08/17/11 10:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My dog guesses it would both extend duration and increase intensity; as it looks like powerful effects are pretty consistently starting at around 20 minutes with the tek...

My dog thinks individual trial might be the best method to know when the optimal time for the second dose would be; depending on effect sought.  Besides; if one has not tried the Lemon tek before; it might be wise to be familiar before stacking up to 4 grams which may seem to equate up to 8g (otherwise consumed)...

Everyone's different.

I wonder if Lemon tek combo with MAOI (with sufficiently dropped doses) might aid anyone.

If 4 grams Lemon tek seem like 8g otherwise consumed;
and MAOI likewise potentiates by two;
then might 2g seem like 8g by so manipulating?

Lemon tek shortens duration.
MAOI extends.

I have read good things... Sorry for going OT.

Blessings.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (08/17/11 10:51 PM)

Offlinemalevolence
Mathematician
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: lemon juice? [Re: flickedbic]
    #14939954 - 08/17/11 10:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

flickedbic said:
My dog guesses it would both extend duration and increase intensity; as it looks like powerful effects are pretty consistently starting at around 20 minutes with the tek...

My dog thinks individual trial might be the best method to know when the optimal time for the second dose would be; depending on effect sought.  Besides; if one has not tried the Lemon tek before; it might be wise to be familiar before stacking up to 4 grams which may seem to equate up to 8g (otherwise consumed)...

Everyone's different.

I would definitely not start out like that haha. I was just curious. I didn't want to experiment with something that is known by a large group of ppl to turn out badly. Thats all :feelsbadman:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate