Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemagicman1900
myco magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my own world
Jalepeno Popper Enchiladas
    #14932701 - 08/16/11 06:35 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

INGREDIENTS

jalepenos
tortillas
enchilada sauce
shredded cheese
cream cheese
1 can green chilis (optional)
cilantro (for garnish)

Pre-heat oven to 350. Put a little enchilada sauce in the bottom of your baking dish. To prep the jalepenos, simply cut off the stem top, cut in half, and wash out all the seeds and white pith. I use 2 jalepenos halves per enchilada. Use 3 if you like, a lot of the heat will be cooked out.

Once you have your washed jals, put 2-3 halves in each tortilla, add a strip of cream cheese, a big pinch of shredded cheese, a couple spoonfuls of enchilada sauce, a big spoonful of diced green chilis from the can, roll it up and place in your baking dish. Continue until you have a full baking dish, cover the top of them with a generous amount of enchilada sauce, and then put the rest of your shredded cheese on top of that. I put like an inch of shredded cheese on mine. Cover your enchiladas with tin foil and bake for 40-45 mins. I like to check them at a 1/2 hour, especially if I bake at 400*. Once the cheese is melted I take off the tin foil and let it bake an additional 5 mins. Keep an eye on it though, you don't want to burn the top because you forgot about it for just a couple of mins.

Baking without the foil for a few mins lets the top of the cheese get a little crispy. Once it starts to turn a little brown, pull it out of the oven, it will turn black and burn shortly after that. Let cool for 5-10 mins and serve. I put some fresh cilantro on top as a garnish. This dish is spicy, but some of the heat gets cooked out in the oven, so it is not overwhelming.

NOTES:
Feel free to add some meat to the enchiladas too. I added shredded chicken once and it turned out well. I just added a little more enchilada sauce to the middle. I usually use a shredded mexican blend for the cheese, cheddar or monterey jack is good too.

The enchilada sauce is key to this recipe. If you buy the cheap stuff it's going to taste like shit. Macayo's sauce is good, or most organic sauces. Basically you wanna buy the good stuff, and that is usually the most expensive one.

Another good addition is to add a little homemade pico de gallo. Chop up some onion, tomato, cilantro and jalepeno (you can leave this out since there is plenty of jal in this recipe already) and toss it in a generous amount of lime juice. Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour before you use.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePuzzled
Just a guy
Re: Jalepeno Popper Enchiladas [Re: magicman1900]
    #14934348 - 08/17/11 12:01 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like a good recipe, but I'd make one small change: roast your jalapenos first.  Jalapeno poppers are one of my specialties, and they taste so much better roasted.  Turn your broiler on high and put them on a tray in the oven until the skin blackens.  Flip, and then pull out when the other side blackens.  Put them in an old paper grocery bag till they cool, and then peel off the skins.

Offlinemagicman1900
myco magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my own world
Re: Jalepeno Popper Enchiladas [Re: Puzzled]
    #14935298 - 08/17/11 03:19 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Great tip, they were a little firm (the jalepenos) I love roasted jal, I will try this next time, especially since I don't have a grill. That's how I usually roast jal's :tongue2:

OfflinePuzzled
Just a guy
Re: Jalepeno Popper Enchiladas [Re: magicman1900]
    #14936297 - 08/17/11 11:37 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, nothing like a jal roasted over a charcoal grill, but sadly, that's not always possible :sad:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing