Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Hans' set up details? (from hawks eye)
    #1493443 - 04/25/03 03:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Anybody have some specifics on this set-up? Picture from hawks eye pan cambo page.

http://www.thehawkseye.com/pancam/pancam-01_tek.jpg

is that a large tray of perlite with small trays of substrate sitting on it? Is the whole thing in a large terrerium, or open air? Do the trays of substrate have holes allowing them to wick from the perlite, or not? Curious, details would be nice if anybody knows.

FYI, yes I've requested a reply to this via pm.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Hans' set up details? (from hawks eye) [Re: mycofile]
    #1493480 - 04/25/03 03:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think there is a plastic dome lid that goes on top of those. They are called propagators or something like that.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepsilocybespawn
ol bastard

Loc: The Heartland Of America
Re: Hans' set up details? (from hawks eye) [Re: mycofile]
    #1493519 - 04/25/03 04:05 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm, that looks very similar to a setup that a person with the username BJ used to use. I don't know if he's still around here, but you might PM him too. My friend uses those trays in his setup, and they are sterlite or rubbermaid "desk organizer" trays. They aren't very deep, but they very conveniently hold a single colonized quart of grain :wink:... 

Edited by psilocybespawn (04/25/03 04:06 PM)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hans' set up details? (from hawks eye) [Re: psilocybespawn]
    #1508636 - 04/30/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I remember BJ. I didn't think he was still around, but I'll try a pm.

So, propagator domes on top makes sense. But what's with the cage looking structure the whole set up is on? And what appears to be an airline or hose of some type curved up there in the back?

Big tray of perlite, perhaps with a bubbler for ventilation, trays sitting directly on perlite (but not covering all of it), with a propogator tray over everything? I guess that's probably the general idea.

It just made me wonder because it's definitely not the same set-up that Clyde had. I just wondered if Hans had posted his set-up specs yet.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation