Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblakemoney
Stranger
Impatient or screwed up?
    #1493432 - 04/25/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Suppose nearly 4 weeks ago several 1/2 pinters were innocced with syringes of kubenzis spores following standard PF protocal with BRF, and as of yet none of the jars have completely colonated? Many have quarter sized, or even several quarter sized, white dealies, but none have one under all 4 holes. Is it realistic to wait like 6 or 8 weeks for 100% colonization or is the whole plantation a wash? all jars are in the dark with maybe slightly cool weather for some of the 4 weeks but certainly no real cold or real heat. 2 or three are showing contamination but the rest (lots and lots) look ok except that they're just taking soooo long.

Any advice?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Impatient or screwed up? [Re: blakemoney]
    #1493452 - 04/25/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Are they getting air exchange? Remove the tape from the needle holes or loosen the lid, keep the temperature as near 85F as possible and wait. If they are still growing then they will finish... eventually.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1493471 - 04/25/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

couple things, could be temp as sugested oe it could be your substrate is a little on the dry side or you could have gotten weak syringes.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Trusted Cultivator
    #1493507 - 04/25/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

PF Tek jars sometimes stall out. This can happen for several reason, but the most common are the substrate dries out or didn't have enough moisture to start with, or the jars don't get enough gas exchange.

If they're dry, there's not much you can do. Wait it out and maybe they'll finish colonizing. If they stalled due to insufficient gas exchange, remove the tape from the holes.

When they get to about 50%, you might try flipping them up-side-down to speed colonization of the bottom of the jars.

Good luck!

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlineblakemoney
Stranger
Re: Impatient or screwed up? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #1493516 - 04/25/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ok i've got no tape over holes, i thought the vermiculite layer was supposed to handle that,.
so i should loosen the lids a little? theres a great variety of moisture, i think, in the many jars. some seem a little dry, others a little too wet,. so some ought to be 'kust right'.

so maybe i have weak syringes. the main question is WILL THIS EVENTUALLY WORK, or is it doomed? I mean, I'll wait and wait and wait for them to colonize, but maybe i should just move on and try somehting else.

am i allowed to say where i got the syringes from? can anyone suggest a good palce? theyre all gonna be gone soon anyway thats why i rushed and got a bunch from someone who was still around.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1493535 - 04/25/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yes please tell me where you got your syringes from.
Also i can recomend a place where the good ones are.
And they may colonize fully but with this amount of time passed it's more likely bacterial contamination will set in and take over the uncolonized substrate :crazy:

Offlineblakemoney
Stranger
    #1493557 - 04/25/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

thelittleguy.com is where i gottem

you basically want it to be 100% by like 2 weeks or 3 weeks max, right? I mean, the spots where its going right it leooks pretty good, but its just spots, not super-aggressive. should i use the rest of the syringes and squirt like 1.5 cc into evvery hole just to guarantee myself some sort of limited success?

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1493569 - 04/25/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

the littleguy has good syringes so doubt it's a weak syringe.

Offlineblakemoney
Stranger
    #1493587 - 04/25/03 02:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

SO what do you think my problem might be? Should I use something other than PF theory? Should I use something other than BRF? Should I make an incubator and keep the jars at 86 F? I'm really disappointed so far with this whole deal.

Maybe using more than 1 cc per jar? Maybe pressure-cook for more than an hour? Any ideas?

Anonymous

#1493609 - 04/25/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

try the shroom wizards cakes...I have never tried pf..but my sw cakes are doing great...and couple are just about 100% colonized its been 2-3 weeks now...at around 70F(dips below and above depending on the temp outside and where the furnace is set at)

heres the website www.shroomwizard.com

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Impatient or screwed up? [Re: ]
    #1493648 - 04/25/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i have a faq for the shroom wizard's guide:

" 4.) What is the expected harvest/yield growing with this method?

Answer) If all goes well, the expected harvest/yield should be equal weight in dried shrooms as to the amount of dried flour used. Meaning; If someone makes enough substrate jars to use one pound of flour (18 half pint jars), their expected harvest/yield would be one pound of dried shrooms or ten pounds fresh picked (since mushrooms are 90% water). This calculation does not take into account lost substrate jars or trays due to foreign contamination or poor maintenance."

question: does ANYONE on this board but the wiz himself think they can grow 430g (dry) from 18 half pint jars?

didn't tink so. :smile: 

--------------------
buh

Offlineblakemoney
Stranger
    #1493650 - 04/25/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hey thanks, i guess you must mean just the materials and not the spores, because according to this guy : (this really sucks)

" Due to recent attacks upon websites like this one by the FBI & DEA I am being forced to temporarily (if not permantly) discontinue the sales of sporeprints and spore syringes containing the spores of any type or strain of psychoactive mushrooms. Hopefully everyone will understand my position at this time. Possibly there will be a time in our future where our over zealous government will come to the understanding that we, as adults, have enough sence and knowledge to decide what is best for our own bodies and minds.

*Sporeprints (SALES TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED)

*Spore Syringes (SALES TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED)"

OfflineBigPoppaSmurf
Stranger

#1493715 - 04/25/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Who is that quoted from?

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Impatient or screwed up? [Re: BigPoppaSmurf]
    #1493763 - 04/25/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Anonymous

#1493799 - 04/25/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I also have an FAQ from shroom wizard (relating to my dawgs first experience following the tek to the "t")

4.) What is the expected harvest/yield growing with this method?

90% Trichoderma harzianum

10% Verticillium

Wasted spore syringes

Wasted time

and the added bonus of:

Dissapointment.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1493831 - 04/25/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yup.

IME this tek sucks.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Anonymous

Re: Impatient or screwed up? [Re: dog]
    #1494153 - 04/25/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well I can't speak about the casing part of the tek I'm not there yet...but his cake method is good..I've had no probs with gas exchange(prolly cause theres no verm layer) and I've only had 1 contam outta 12 so far....all others are doing great....and I believe if I had done 4 inoc points the jars would have been done LONG time ago....oh well live and learn...I plan too continue with the tek and see the results I get....then prolly move on too other things..

oh and blakemoney I was giving you a cake method not a place too get spores

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #1496046 - 04/26/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

www.thelittleguy.com i think ?

The quote is from The Shroom wizard. I've read it.

I'm using his Tek right now and hav already lost six jars to contams. Them method is sound but he kind of has a relaxed policy when it come to sterilization. He stresses that it is important but also that it is not as important as everyone is led to believe. I'm learning that it is more important that I was led to believe.

Also as far as I can tell his Tek is the same as the PF TEK

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Anonymous

Re: Impatient or screwed up? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1496139 - 04/26/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

the cake part is similar too pf ya...but you case with sw's tek so its definitely not the same as pf tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract