Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Sexuality and Relationships

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Loc: in a shroomery prison
Sometimes it's a relief to be single * 1
    #14933304 - 08/16/11 08:43 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Don't have to try to be something I'm not.  Not drink so much, smoke so much, do pills as much,listen to music I can't stand so much, freedom to be. 

It's like a weight has been lifted from me and I feel free again.  Some of the emotional pain gone through but it's bright and sunny on the outside.

Best to everyone who has a great relationship, I'm just glad I don't have to go through this anymore.  Anyone else happy to be not dating, not looking for one, and not in a relationship?

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: timelapses] * 1
    #14933362 - 08/16/11 08:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I temporarily swore off dating while Im in school. I actually just got back from a little festival over the weekend. I went with these friends of mine, a couple. I had to listen to them bicker about stupid shit for 3 days. God I felt so relieved to go home alone. It was actually my first festival being single. I didnt have to worry about when to wake up, when to go to bed, when to cook, when to leave, where to go, who to hang out with, what foods to buy...nothin. Just whatever the fuck I wanted. It was great to just go where things took me and not have to worry about shit. Not have somebody whining about the catastrophy of the day

Offlineinphinity
...and beyond.
Male

Loc: The Golden State
Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: timelapses]
    #14933367 - 08/16/11 08:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Right here man. I've got my own life's ambition's to pursue.

p.s. 2012 round' the corner.

OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: inphinity] * 1
    #14933390 - 08/16/11 09:01 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

id like to have sex every now and then, but other than that I totally enjoy being single.

I need a fuck buddy again

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
    #14933861 - 08/16/11 10:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

i agree with you mick.  i am very happily single, though i do sometimes wish there could be a tad more sex & cuddling in my life, but im extremely picky, so I've learned to deal with the loneliness.

--------------------

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: yogabunny]
    #14940933 - 08/18/11 07:15 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yogabunny said:
i agree with you mick.  i am very happily single, though i do sometimes wish there could be a tad more sex & cuddling in my life, but im extremely picky, so I've learned to deal with the loneliness.

I've always need really needy and lonely throughout my life.  Finally this year like a switch got thrown and i was like "eh, fuck it"

like looking backwards over a decade in time, being single is awesome, relationships are only awesome for the first month.

been pretty happy, relatively really happy. 
Sex cravings have finally started creeping up on me though.  Its a good feeling, for me when its too freely indulged i kinda disdain it.

NOT being in a relationship gives me space for pleasant fantasy, happily ever after bullshit to daydream.

--------------------

OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: teamkiller]
    #14940947 - 08/18/11 07:20 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
NOT being in a relationship gives me space for pleasant fantasy, happily ever after bullshit to daydream.

LoL funny shit man, Im such a daydreamer with that stuff sometimes

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: mick]
    #14940974 - 08/18/11 07:28 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

i mean really thats what it comes down to, having nice thoughts in your head.

you want to be realistic it would be like "who will i get along well enough with that we can stay together for 3-4 years and get married, then another 5-10 and get divorced."
then once you're divorced its like "okay, now i'm 40, i'm super lonely and desperate and ugly, who can i find so that i won't have to die alone".

I'm not saying its like that for everyone, but i mean according to the numbers, not too many people ever find the magic fairy tale "the one".

Getting older is a gradual process of either settling with a person you're comfortable but not neccassarily happy with vs settling with not really needing someone around all the time.

at least for me, any sort of relationship was always glued together by the disney happily ever after.  Acknowledging that every day will be the same is boring.  Hoping for unusually good fortune is exciting.

--------------------

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: teamkiller]
    #14941891 - 08/18/11 01:12 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i just don't know that there's one person who is always and forever (read:  until we get divorced/break up/until one of us dies) fulfill everything I want from a partner.

--------------------

Edited by pika (08/18/11 01:12 PM)

OfflineJoolz
Male

#14942874 - 08/18/11 04:32 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

There has to be an agreement between two extremely open minded and fluid people for that to happen.

I also day dream about having the perfect mate, but I'm pretty sure I'll be single for the rest of my life. She'd have to be pretty awesome.

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #14942887 - 08/18/11 04:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

No shit. My five year relationship fucking sucks right now.
No love to speak of. :frown:

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: gluke bastid]
    #14943024 - 08/18/11 04:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I have seen it in the past and present. Cant vouch myself as my longest relationship only went 3 years.

Two of my three siblings are happily married, one for 5, the other for 10. I know its on the low end, but I can tell they are happy together. My brother in law is a very applied person, meaning he keeps up the effort to maintain the relationship and romance. In fact I think they all probably do, at least on some level. I think its when people get so comfortable they stop caring about the other persons needs,feelings, etc, that problems can arise. There always has to be effort towards keeping the flame going, and its a habit you have to build.

Either way: I would like to spend my life with someone eventually, though I do understand that ive got 60 years left (if im lucky), and thats a lot of time, it better be a person I can open up fully to, trust completely, enjoy spending lots of time with and be myself around.

tall order, but its a must for a lifelong relationship

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: mick]
    #14943219 - 08/18/11 05:36 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'm in a 6 year relationship and it's going pretty well. We don't live together, both have seperate lives and only see each other 1-2 times a week.

Honestly I think the only way to make a relationship work is time apart. Being around anyone constantly makes my blood boil. Maybe it's the way i'm wired but I'd rather be alone most of the time. Being mostly independent but still having a chick i've known for years and trust to hang with occasionally is pretty awesome.

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: Subconscious]
    #14943288 - 08/18/11 05:51 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:

Honestly I think the only way to make a relationship work is time apart. Being around anyone constantly makes my blood boil. Maybe it's the way i'm wired but I'd rather be alone most of the time. Being mostly independent but still having a chick i've known for years and trust to hang with occasionally is pretty awesome.

thats how i like it. for relationships anyway.

tho im kind of where mick is right now....in that i wish i could fuck,kiss and cuddle with a cute girl every now and again but ultimatelty im prob more happy alone. being single isnt that bad while your young. once u get older though, i imagine it can be a bit rough with the loneliness and all.

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

OfflineBipolarbear
Stranger with candy
 User Gallery

#14943879 - 08/18/11 08:19 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yogabunny said:
yeah i just don't know that there's one person who is always and forever (read:  until we get divorced/break up/until one of us dies) fulfill everything I want from a partner.

^ this.  Growing up in NY in a Roman Catholic family the sanctity of marriage is forever drilled into you and I have had several long relationships with girls ranging from a year to another that was 2 years and a 4 year one with other shorter ones interspersed.  Towards the end of those relationships I began to resent my gf and I couldn't figure out why.  I look back now and can clearly see that while I am a fully monogamous person I don't think I am built for being with one person for my whole life.  My parents hate each other but they wouldn't even consider divorcing because of how strong the conditioning is of that vow they spoke on their wedding day. 

When I'm with someone, I'm with them and only them.  But it just seems over time that you grow done with the person no matter how much you love them.  I like the idea of having the perfect partner that lasts your whole life but in my experience I don't think humans are built that way.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: Subconscious]
    #14943939 - 08/18/11 08:33 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
I'm in a 6 year relationship and it's going pretty well. We don't live together, both have seperate lives and only see each other 1-2 times a week.

You have the right idea.  If I could find someone like that I would go for it.  But yea mostly I prefer being alone.  I have a very low tolerance for female BS and it gets lower as I get older.  What a bunch of drama queens high maintenance and of late in your face bitches.  Fuck em and not literally.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #14944661 - 08/18/11 11:31 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Women, like an addiction.:syringe:

--------------------

Invisiblemushroomsoup
Male
    #14944683 - 08/18/11 11:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Relationships are all bullshit in my opinion. All that fucking drama...

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#14944693 - 08/18/11 11:37 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'm totally happy being single (though I'm currently seeing someone), the only thing that sucks about singlehood is the lack of sex since I don't do one night stands or fuck buddies.

--------------------

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: Sometimes it's a relief to be single [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #14944888 - 08/19/11 12:15 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

It's great your seeing someone.  We are wired that way.  Feeling so human, but small.  Why it is what it is is fine.  I'm not going to argue with faiths of why.

Every man is born different but when that inate attraction happens I feel back to ape level.  Sometimes easily surpassed but the yin and the yang IMO. 

Women, heartache, and/or bliss.  Rather love them then leave them.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Community >> Sexuality and Relationships