Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTRyTOfind
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Cana... Flag
Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics.
    #14929394 - 08/16/11 12:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So I just wanted to hear a few people opinions of the difference in tripping on any psychedelics with marijuana and without. Also specifically the difference with mushrooms.

I have taken a complete hiatus from any and all mind altering substances because that is what my body and my mind needed. I am sure of it. Though recently I have been having overwhelming urges to re-experience the psychedelic world (just in time for mushy season, coincidence?) and have been having a small battle with myself about whether or not to smoke weed when I trip.

I have thought that it could intensify the effects, though given the quality of marijuana on the streets these days it could quite possibly pervert the effects as well.

I also thought that smoking might stop me from doing whatever I might have wanted to do on solely a hallucinogen.

So here I am asking some experienced shroomerites their opinions , if only to help me come to my own decision.

Weed or no weed and why? :jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebeccaBlack
Screw you guys, I'm going home
I'm a teapot

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: TRyTOfind]
    #14929413 - 08/16/11 12:31 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Weed on psychelics can cause anxiety. It does for me. It confuses me and makes me mostly have a badtrip.

It is nice at the very end of a trip. The weed buzz is bizarre and amazing...even puts you to sleep after!

--------------------

InvisibleMario_x86-64
Stranger

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: RebeccaBlack]
    #14929449 - 08/16/11 12:40 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't use LSD with out cannabis, I have never done psilocybin or any type of mushroom.

--------------------
(LSD) Lysergic Acid Diethylamide 25
"It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be."
- Albert Hofmann

"Drugs have done good things for us, if you don't believe they have do me a favor and take all your albums, tapes, CD's and burn them. Because you know what? Those musicians that have made that great music that has enhanced your lifes through out the years ... real fucking high on drugs."
- Bill Hicks

Offline2bakednate
Connecting & Growing
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: Mario_x86-64]
    #14929524 - 08/16/11 01:05 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I personaly like to smoke tree when I take mushrooms.
I like a small smoke for the come up, it gives me patients as i wait for the effects, it relaxes me keeping me calm threw out tbe come up. Helps me alot with come up anxiety.
And if the trip ever gets too intense cannibis or ciggaret will help calm me down.
And then some at the end of the exsperienc to relax the mind from feeling so fucked.
For me the downside is that it can make the trip more fuzzy.
But over all I love cannibis when im on mushrooms,
If i dont smoke ill get too anxious during the trip.

--------------------
"The reason is for us all"

Invisiblemetalfaith
Moron
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: 2bakednate] * 1
    #14929612 - 08/16/11 01:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If your not a regular smoker it will have quite the effect on you(weed), you should experience each one of them separately. Tripping is great on it's own, I surely don't need any weed to help it out..

--------------------

Offlinedetest86
Psychonaut

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: 2bakednate]
    #14929615 - 08/16/11 01:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I quit smoking weed 2 months ago and am about to trip for the first time with out weed lololol so ill let you know how it goes.  I have herd that the trip is less confusing and less fuzy when you dont smoke weed when tripping.

InvisibleMario_x86-64
Stranger

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: detest86]
    #14929633 - 08/16/11 01:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It is certainly a more clear trip, but for me I don't feel anywhere near as much euphoria so I have to go with using cannabis. There are plenty of people that this isn't the case with, but for me it is.

--------------------
(LSD) Lysergic Acid Diethylamide 25
"It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be."
- Albert Hofmann

"Drugs have done good things for us, if you don't believe they have do me a favor and take all your albums, tapes, CD's and burn them. Because you know what? Those musicians that have made that great music that has enhanced your lifes through out the years ... real fucking high on drugs."
- Bill Hicks

OfflineTRyTOfind
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Cana... Flag
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: detest86]
    #14929634 - 08/16/11 01:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I would love to hear about how it goes for you detest, and I am honestly starting to think that maybe leaving weed completely out of the equation would be a good idea.

Because my goal going into my trip is to learn, and even the come down can be an excellent learning experience... Though I will probably have a bowl waiting around for me just in case!

--------------------
The future is an untold circumstance like the next page in a book. And skipping ahead would throw off the entire flow of its existence.

Invisiblemetalfaith
Moron
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: TRyTOfind]
    #14929643 - 08/16/11 02:04 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TRyTOfind said:I am honestly starting to think that maybe leaving weed completely out of the equation would be a good idea.

:thumbup:
Quote:

TRyTOfind said:
Because my goal going into my trip is to learn, and even the come down can be an excellent learning experience...

:thumbup::thumbup:

Quote:

TRyTOfind said:
Though I will probably have a bowl waiting around for me just in case!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

(Leave the weed on the side. Enjoy the trip without it.)

--------------------

InvisibleCYaN1c1oWN
Trickster Archetype
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: Mario_x86-64]
    #14929717 - 08/16/11 02:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mario_x86-64 said:
It is certainly a more clear trip, but for me I don't feel anywhere near as much euphoria so I have to go with using cannabis. There are plenty of people that this isn't the case with, but for me it is.

Cannabis elevates the euphoria level for me, too, but also gives me anxiety because I'm not 'in the moment' as much.... I can only take one good hit or so when I'm tripping. That usually does the trick.

--------------------
:clown:
:cheerup:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: CYaN1c1oWN]
    #14929746 - 08/16/11 03:23 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

weed goes with pretty much everything imo... I'd rather not trip without it.

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflinevulcAn
self-governed

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: LuSiD9]
    #14929918 - 08/16/11 05:11 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It would probably just muddy the trip.
I know it's all personal preference, but I like a clean trip and smoke copious amounts of weed on the comedown.

--------------------
simplicity is complex.

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

Loc: back in black
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: vulcAn]
    #14929977 - 08/16/11 05:40 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Weed generally throws me for a loop when I smoke while tripping. This one time on 5 or 6 hits of LSD, I smoked a bong during the peak and it directed me to seeing my whole body as a skeleton, I could "feel" death and it was one of the most intense things I've ever experienced. At the time, I thought smoking more bongs was the way out, so I had a good 3 or 4...of course just got me more muddled up and confused and made it more intense. :lol: Not that it was a bad thing, it was very scary, but I got through it and it was kind of enlightening, seeing the inevitability of death so clearly.

Sometimes when I smoke weed now I get flashbacks to those moments, and it's not always pleasant.

Weed can be a lot of fun on psychedelics though, it can make it a lot more trippy and interesting, though it can be more confusing. I guess I was too far down the rabbit hole on that trip for it to be a good thing at the time, lol. (otherwise the trip was amazing. one of the best I've ever had)

--------------------
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth, and taste...

:haha:

InvisibleNoxADVANCED
Research & Information Collector
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Straya Cunt Flag
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: lolwut]
    #14930138 - 08/16/11 06:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Have tried shrooms before without weed and just wast the same, visually and mentally.

--------------------
Ethno-Garden: My seeds and Herbs
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

WE DID IT :kratom: for kratom

I have my rating privileges back, BITCHES

InvisibleMacavity224
Ubermensch
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: NoxADVANCED]
    #14930220 - 08/16/11 07:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

After using a lot of psychedelics, weed has affected me much harder than it used to. 2-3 hits off a bowl/vape will fuck me up for hours - hell, weed itself has become a psychedelic.

I can't smoke anymore during trips because it gets way too intense for me. The last time I tripped on 2g's of shrooms, I smoked a jay with my friend, came back inside, collapsed, and lost consciousness for a few minutes. When I woke up, I was sitting on my bedroom floor in my underwear (I think she dragged me up my stairs), screaming at the top of my lungs, pouring water all over myself from Poland Springs bottles.

Last time I tripped on 4g's of shrooms, I took a few hits off a bowl, came back inside, then everything started spinning. I thought I was going to lose consciousness again...like there was blackness in the corners of my field of vision that was slowly getting more intense. I managed to crawl up my stairs and eat a Lorazepam really quick, then when I came to, again...I was in my underwear in my bedroom pouring water over myself with Poland Springs bottles.

I think ending up nearly naked and soaked is becoming a constant theme of mushroom trips for me. So that's why I don't plan on smoking + tripping ever again...at least for a very long time. But again, everyone is completely different. I just wouldn't risk it if I were you.

--------------------
"O my soul, I taught you to say "Today" as well as "Once" and "Formerly," and to dance your dance over every here and there and yonder."

:trippnballs:

Everything I post here is not true. Do not believe a single word of it.

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: RebeccaBlack]
    #14930239 - 08/16/11 07:25 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Daijo said:
Weed on psychelics can cause anxiety. It does for me. It confuses me and makes me mostly have a badtrip.

It is nice at the very end of a trip. The weed buzz is bizarre and amazing...even puts you to sleep after!

perfect for the end of the trip when you are putting the pieces together of what just happened and what you have learned from your experience. Weed at this time is a very , very good thing

--------------------

InvisibleLSDilocybin
I AM

Loc: omnipresent
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: Locky]
    #14930261 - 08/16/11 07:32 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

dont smoke any bud untul after the peak...then it will make you trip a lil harder, but not so much you get anxiety or uncomfortable feeling.

you do what u want, but this is whats up. toke after the peak and u wont wig out so much if at all. for me it will bring the trip back, but not as intense, but nearly as enjoyable in its own right.

have fun either way!

--------------------
"We are perfect mirrors in the sun and we brightly shine, we are singing and dancing in perfect time, there is nothing in the world that we can do, to stop the light of love come shining through" --Sally Oldfield

:heart: :levitate: :inlove: :tripping: :inlove3: "Vibrate in Love." :inlove3: :tripping: :inlove: :levitate: :heart:
                          :tripping2:

InvisibleNoxADVANCED
Research & Information Collector
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Straya Cunt Flag
Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: LSDilocybin]
    #14930602 - 08/16/11 08:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah i should have added i wait around 1hr to 90mins after eating before i smoke any or half hour to 45mins after completely drinking tea.

--------------------
Ethno-Garden: My seeds and Herbs
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

WE DID IT :kratom: for kratom

I have my rating privileges back, BITCHES

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: NoxADVANCED]
    #14930627 - 08/16/11 08:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I HATE weed on psychedelics.

It can turn a laid back, clear headed trip into and into an intense, paranoid nightmare within seconds for me.

If I want to trip hard, i'll dose hard... by the time i'm coming down the only thing i'll really want is a beer to sip- smoking weed will blast me back into a mindset just as intense as the peak but with way more anxiety and confusion. Usually after coming out of that mindset the last thing I want to do is immediatly go back... I just want to chill with a beer or two.

Weed has ruined quite a few awesome trips for me, before I learned my lesson.

Invisiblebirdland

Re: Smoking weed vs not smoking weed on psychedelics. [Re: Subconscious]
    #14930697 - 08/16/11 09:18 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Judging by what you wanna get out of the trip, I would recommend not smoking weed. It sort of ruins the of taking psychedelics if you smoke at any time other than coming down. Makes it kind your mind kind of cloudy/paranoid and makes it even harder to move than it may have already been.

This said, I personally don't even like smoking on the comedown. The times I've taken shrooms I just always feel sooo damn good and motivated when I come down. The last thing I usually wanna do is get super stoned and just fall asleep or do something involving sitting down for a long time. Although it might be nice if you've had a bit of a rough trip and feel like some sleep. It definitely does help you sleep after you've just tripped.

Edited by birdland (08/16/11 09:18 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag