Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemud420
meditating
    #1492718 - 04/25/03 12:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ive heard of people meditating and it somehow makes shroom trips better or watnot.. how does one meditate? do you just sit there and think about nothin or somethin?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: meditating [Re: mud420]
    #1493242 - 04/25/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sit comfortably. A quiet place is preferred, but not required.

Close your eyes. Breathe naturally. Sit for about one minute before you begin thinking of your mantra to allow your heart and breathing to slow. (Mantra is a sound, word, or phrase that is repeated to yourself. It could be spoken aloud, as a chant, or silently, as in meditation. Many people think that the best mantras are sounds which have no clear meaning, and are used as a way of displacing your usual thoughts and moving your awareness inward.)

Gently bring your attention to your breath and begin to think the mantra, gently and easily. Just let it come, don't force it. i.e., think "ham" on the inhale and "sa" on the exhale. Allow yourself to be absorbed in it.

Allow your thoughts and feelings to come and go with detachment. Don't try to control them in any way. Just note them, and when you realize that you are not repeating the mantra, gently return to the mantra. Do not try to force yourself to think the mantra to the exclusion of all other thoughts. You may experience a deep state of relaxation but it is OK if you don't.

Meditate in this way for 20 minutes.

When done, take about a minute to slowly return to normal awareness. Be gentle with yourself when opening your eyes or coming to stand after a meditation. It isn't good for your heart to get up quickly after the state of deep rest that is often a result of meditation. Note: It is OK to glance at a clock to time the meditation. **Don't use an alarm timer.**

Meditation can really realax and calm you before a trip, allowing you to release any negative thoughts or tentions you might be harboring.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: meditating [Re: djd586]
    #1493413 - 04/25/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

couldn't have said it better myself. Last time I tripped, in Sedona, I meditated on a rock in the middle of the creek that runs through the town. It is a very naturally energetic creek, and very lively around. It was beautiful to be so calm and introspected, yet the environment around me seemed to be introspecting with me, in me. I highly recommend, especially on the come-up. It is a great way to focus and calm yourself, and brings in whatever you meditate on for the rest of the trip. Whether it be your spiritual existence, or zazen-silent meditation, i think it makes everything much clearer.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: meditating [Re: Blastrid]
    #1493570 - 04/25/03 04:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

the most powerful trip of my life was @ Cathedral Rock in Sedona.

for an excellent introduction to meditation, read the book "Journey of Awakening by Ram Dass

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: meditating [Re: mud420]
    #1493745 - 04/25/03 05:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

do you just sit there and think about nothin or somethin?   

That is exactly what I do... just sit and think about nothing.  Of course it is much easier to say than to do.  The harder you try to think about nothing the more you end up thinking about something.  Sit for just twenty minutes at sunrise or sunset each day and you will be amazed after a few weeks at the changes in your life... at least I was.  :smile:

There are about as many different ways to meditate as there are people to meditate.  Find a group in your area and use them for guidence.  I learned when I lived in Denver at the Denver Zen Center.  They have an open meditation every Wed. evening starting at 7:00 pm, but you want to be there at 6:45 to get ready.  Find something similiar in your area.  Having others show you the way helps a lot!

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBenJammin
From aPerpendicularUniverse
Loc: Western PA, USA
Re: meditating [Re: Seuss]
    #1690152 - 07/06/03 03:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm a serious Buddist, and meditate on a daily basis. One of the few "indulgences" I have are 'Shrooms.

When it comes to meditation and tripping, it's sort of like stretching and working out -- the more often you do it, the better the results will be.

I suggest that ANYONE should try to practice some form of meditation for about a half an hour a day -- do it for a month, and you'll be amazed at how ALL aspects of you life (including trips) are enhanced.

There are more techniques than I can name -- different people respond better to different ones -- any technique, any amount of time is better than none.

If you practice meditation on a daily basis, you will have a power and a comfort level that will make it better when you are 'Shrooming.

--------------------
"Pain is the cracking of the shell that encloses understanding."

-Kahlil Gibran

OfflineAllYourBase
Killer

Re: meditating [Re: BenJammin]
    #1690236 - 07/06/03 03:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i agree, meditation is great

when i am not on anything, i can lie down on my bed and shut my brain offf and go into a deep meditation, counting back wards...i get visions of moving out of my body, a sinking or floating feeling, and it is great. i suggest meditation to everyone

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: meditating [Re: AllYourBase]
    #1690444 - 07/06/03 05:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

>>If you practice meditation on a daily basis, you will have a power and a comfort level that will make it better when you are 'Shrooming.

I've described this elsewhere on Shroomery recently.  We aren't lying...sober meditational states are more blissful than any trip.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineAllYourBase
Killer

Re: meditating [Re: Boppity604]
    #1690531 - 07/06/03 05:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i also practice controlling body energy known as "ki", and meditaion helps that a lot

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: meditating [Re: AllYourBase]
    #1690630 - 07/06/03 06:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

>>i also practice controlling body energy known as "ki", and meditaion helps that a lot

Tibetan tantric yogas work with Prana (sanskrit) which is the same as "Chi" as you mentioned. I only have one tantric meditation that I practice...it's called tummo (inner fire). It's amazing.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Bliss of Inner Fire by Lama Thubten Yeshe

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: meditating [Re: Boppity604]
    #1690694 - 07/06/03 07:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Meditation has enchance my trips with Syrain rue extract being the best.
Saliva d works very good too.
HBWR are very bad i cant stop moving wile on HBWR the mind wont stop putting words into my mouth. I talk very open if on HBWR saying thing i should not say outloud. Or become very poethic.

I've been meditation for about 8 years now it helps me sleep, focus and enjoy life more so. Heres what i mean i went into the woods on a nice day some snow on the ground set up a small net hammock and with a mini glass bong smoked a bit of salvia. I placed my bong down after the bowl was gone. Closed my eyes and went on walking down the mess of my own mind. Some time latter i open my eyes and felt so good with all the trees around me. A thought came to mind the trees wakeing up from there dormant sleep(spring was 2 month away). I lay in the hammock eyes closed, mind foucs and it seemed for along time just meditating.

I never done shrooms i thought they make you feel you have to get up and move around. Making medatitation inpossable?

--------------------
DO what I Would

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports