Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
questions about the astral plane
    #1492555 - 04/25/03 11:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

are the astral plane, and this physical plane. two different planes, that interconnect with each other in no way? or is it more complex and they inter tie...

when im walking through various places and facilitys, the people i see walking by, and ask how their doing.....are some of these charecters lucid? and are sleeping in the physical plane?

or if im hanging out with my buddy in the astral plane, and hes sleeping in the physical plane too.....does he have the same dream as me? but people usually cant remember their dreams to well, so stuff like this people never talk about? could i tell him hes dreaming, and make him lucid dream too? then the next day could we talk about what we did while we were lucid dreaming together?

and when you wake up, your astral self is still in the astral plane. your just unconcious of it. and when you dream it is switching your conciousness from the physical plane, into the astral plane.  but you still exist in both 100% of the time.

could i meet a fellow lucid dreamer in the astral plane? and could i ask him his e-mail in the physical plane? would he be able to recall it? and then when i wake up send him an e-mail. and we both could recall what we did in the astral plane?

this has me thinking lots  :smile: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: questions about the astral plane [Re: NiGGy]
    #1492941 - 04/25/03 01:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ello, I'm a traveller. The Astral and Physical planes are indeed interconnected. Although how would be quite complicated to explain, and I haven't the time right now. When you are in the astral plane and meet other beings, they too are in that plane, although they may not be aware of you. Some people wander the astral plane like zombies, subconsciously, with no memory of it. Most of the time, these beings are either other astral travellers, or spiritual beings with no physical body who spend all of their time there. There are many guides on this plane.

I'll meet you sometime.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: questions about the astral plane [Re: Shroomism]
    #1494024 - 04/25/03 07:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i have no idea if you could meet another lucid dreamer or not, but wouldn't that be cool?
how would you know that that person, wasn't just your subcioncous making him up...?
i'd don't know a whole lot about lucid dreaming, i'm leaning still, but it would be really cool if you met someone....

i just thought of something...
if your controaling the dream...than how would you meet soemone...if your conrtoling the dream...then how can they be lucid dreaming too...?

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Edited by soylent_green (04/25/03 08:50 PM)

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: questions about the astral plane [Re: soylent_green]
    #1495017 - 04/26/03 03:16 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Carlos Castaneda Talks on this very subject in depth in "The Art of Dreaming" and also in "The Second Ring of Power" (this has nothing to do with rings in the physical sense, like powerful rings) With a subject as big as this, you may just be better off hitting the books. i'm not sure any body here would be willing to type an in depth complete answer. But here's what i have to say: yes, definitley.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology