Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
mushrooms growing on bottom of tray
    #1492526 - 04/25/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

my friend has two casings. one of them is wrapped in tinfoil, and the other isn't. they're both in translucent containers and, as he knew would happen, there are mushrooms growing on the very bottom of the tray. he hasn't looked at them for a few days so i dont know how much they have progressed, but the rest of the tray is ready to be picked. what should he do? should he scrap the whole tray just to recover the mushrooms on the bottom? if he doesn't pick them he knows they will die And rot, but picking them means throwing away any chance of A second flush. Any suggestions?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: mushrooms growing on bottom of tray [Re: E Tard]
    #1492538 - 04/25/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Pick the ones on the top.  Then flip the tray over onto a pillow covered with newspaper or something.  The substrate should remain intact, and hopefully the pillow will minimize any damage to the top of the casing.  Pick the mushrooms on the bottom and flip the thing back into the tray. :wink:

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1492542 - 04/25/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i have had success with picking the top layer, flipping the "cake" and cleaning the bottom and then flipping it back over. this sometimes happens even in opaque trays and especially outdoors.

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: mushrooms growing on bottom of tray [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1492904 - 04/25/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

wow, thanks for the idea! i could see how this might bring in room for contam, but so would letting mushrooms rot. so what should i do? lay down a pillow, wrap the opening of the tray in newspaper and flip the whole thing onto the pillow? is there anyhting i could do for sterilization besides spraying the air wtih lysol and washing myself reall well prior?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1492998 - 04/25/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i have multiple, identical bins. i place an empty bin on top, flip, and wala! do the reverse to get it "right side up". BTW, i clean my bins by spritzing with alcohol, wiping, and allowing to evaporate.

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #1493553 - 04/25/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Your welcome.

I wouldn't worry too much about contams. Just steralize yourself and any tools you use. And maybe wipe the tray down with alcohol while you have the chance.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1493682 - 04/25/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Can someone tell me why keep the casing in the container after it is colonized?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix