Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJordainio
Jazz Drummer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania
WHO Put Muammar GADDAFI in POWER??!?
    #14913564 - 08/12/11 10:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Someone intelligent please help me out. Because I've been reading up on Libyan history, and it all seems a bit too coincidental about how the "security council" went to war with Libya. And, how Libya is over an immense petroleum field, like the 10th largest in the world or something? "A: it's not a war, and B: I don't need congress' approval" - Barack Obama. Dude pretty much summed it up but was this all set up beforehand or is he just shooting fish in a barrel and says, well this dictator is murdering people so lets go bomb them and use some tax money, build pipelines.
Seriously, that's all i will ask.

--------------------
Also, if anyone is selling cymbals or drum equipment, email me right now!
<span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='nospoiler'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'">Distant and unimagined realms lie hidden all around us. Not only do we deny things that we CAN see, but many many more that we do not. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

hahahaha, P4N3D!!!!!1!

Edited by Jordainio (08/13/11 12:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJordainio
Jazz Drummer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: WHO Put Muammar GADDAFI in POWER??!? [Re: Jordainio]
    #14913606 - 08/12/11 10:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Also, I'm not trying to be a troll whatever that is, I'm just asking a slightly opinionated question so...I hope that's allowed here.

Also, I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist. Even though it is totally, completely valid to have conspiracy theories after an event like September 11th 2001 Attacks. Or, say, World War II, or the Civil War, or really even the American Revolution could be argued that they were, in essence, conspiracies of leaders against the civilians themselves. Because arms dealers fund both sides still to this day...because world leaders gather behind closed doors and divide up land to make for warring peoples...
but I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist.

--------------------
Also, if anyone is selling cymbals or drum equipment, email me right now!
<span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='nospoiler'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'">Distant and unimagined realms lie hidden all around us. Not only do we deny things that we CAN see, but many many more that we do not. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

hahahaha, P4N3D!!!!!1!

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: WHO Put Muammar GADDAFI in POWER??!? [Re: Jordainio]
    #14913902 - 08/12/11 11:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Qaddafi put Qaddafi in power.

As for the oil, where's the oil from Iraq or any of the other countries the US has intervened in?  It seems like the fact that nobody can ever come up with a single drop of oil being taken from the various nations in question never stops people from declaring with a straight face that "the country" was invaded to get its oil

About your "dividing up land" remark, what are you speaking of?  The US never keeps the land they intervene in and has been a prominent leader fighting colonialism.  To insinuate that they intervene to take territory is to ignore history and come to a position 180 degrees removed from reality.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: WHO Put Muammar GADDAFI in POWER??!? [Re: johnm214]
    #14913946 - 08/12/11 11:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I believe they're hoping to put the rebels in power, who will then, since we put them in power, form more favorable trade relations with us.  Whether it will work, or whether it worked in Iraq is a different story.

Putting the rebels in power didn't work so well when Osama was the rebel.

"The myopia is deep here." -DiFranco

Offlineaperson444
Stranger

Re: WHO Put Muammar GADDAFI in POWER??!? [Re: BothHands]
    #14914006 - 08/13/11 12:07 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The USA is simply a Capitalist puppet. They enter countries covertly or non-covertly and insert whatever government they please. This is apparent in many of the Central American countries that USA intervened in. In addition, the US has funded the Contras, overthrown the democratic Arbenz government of Guatemala and funded some of the perpetrators of 9/11 via Operation Cyclone. I think Qadaffi came to power via military coup. He resisted Western Imperialism with the wrong idea and now his people are finally able to overthrow him. I would laugh to hard if the rebels turn out to be radical Islamists and bite the US back in the ass.

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: WHO Put Muammar GADDAFI in POWER??!? [Re: aperson444]
    #14914135 - 08/13/11 12:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:

As for the oil, where's the oil from Iraq or any of the other countries the US has intervened in?  It seems like the fact that nobody can ever come up with a single drop of oil being taken from the various nations in question never stops people from declaring with a straight face that "the country" was invaded to get its oil

it's not about stealing the oil, it's about getting our supply chain out of the hands of the crazy dictators. saddam was a liability to us. not just because he could stop selling to the united states, but because by purchasing his oil, we were pouring money into a very anti-american regime and empowering him to do his BS. oil sellers are limited, and the nations around the world can't just go buy it from someone else. so what did they do? they tried to institute an american styled government which would be sympathetic and in-debt to us. they will sell us their oil, keep quiet, and stay out of our way.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: WHO Put Muammar GADDAFI in POWER??!? [Re: johnm214]
    #14914837 - 08/13/11 06:35 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:

About your "dividing up land" remark, what are you speaking of?  The US never keeps the land they intervene in and has been a prominent leader fighting colonialism.  To insinuate that they intervene to take territory is to ignore history and come to a position 180 degrees removed from reality.

"I believe they're hoping to put the rebels in power, who will then, since we put them in power, form more favorable trade relations with us. "

This is more like it imo. But maybe you knew that and forgot.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder