Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Pre-dosage rituals
    #1490924 - 04/24/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

What sort of rituals if any, do you guys perfom before consuming mushrooms? Terence McKenna often said after consuming a heroic dose, he would say to the mushroom something like "I put myself in your hands, I give you my trust and control over me, please take care and treat me good" . And also, in the time before the first effects would start coming on, he would think about all of the bad things that could possibly happen on the trip, and all of the "bad stuff" he did since the last time he tripped. This would help him deal with any possible bad trip scenarios if they should arise. Personally, this might just get me more anxious than I already am but whatever works. so what do you guys do to minimize bad trips and maximize positive experiences? I am probably going to get a my hands on 3 grams of mushies sometime very soon. After a year of research about mushrooms and drugs in general. This is going to be my very first entheogenic experience and I'm very VERY excited!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: chodamunky]
    #1490946 - 04/24/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Drink an 8-pack of Olands.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1490981 - 04/24/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I clean... :smile:

Mushrooms tend to turn my nose on super-sensitive and anything that isn't clean and fresh seems extra nasty.

I also meditate, but I do that every day anyway.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Seuss]
    #1491020 - 04/24/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Clean is good.. Just stay comfortable, and everything will be fine. I like to drink lots of water befor hand because i sweat alot during trips. And ull get a chance to go to the washroom forsure that way.. Dont know why but its a good place to be. Alot of people say dont look in the mirror but i cant see why not.. Iv seen my face with patterns and bleeding out of zits.. where i didnt have zits.. haha but u know its just tha drugs so who cares, iv done mushrooms in strange places with strange people and only had one bad trip at a concert, so id say stay out of public.

OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Legoulash]
    #1491026 - 04/24/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hope and pray :frown:

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Penguin]
    #1491133 - 04/24/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Could you explain what you mean by meditate? ie. the process involved for you...

When preparing for a trip my friends like to watch tv or something to distract themselves. Me...I like perfect calm, perfect dark, perfect silence.

I just sit there waiting...thinking about stuff...then alll of a sudden, I'm up!

Offlineunproportionate
undefined line
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Billowz]
    #1491486 - 04/24/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Listen to KPFK.
Fire up CS for a bit,
sit in silence,
ride my bike.
drink water,
shower...

etc etc,

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: unproportionate]
    #1491689 - 04/25/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

drink lots of water, draw, do whatever you need to do to clear out our mind. prefer to fast for 3 day's ahead of time. and if possible, be in the woods when you do it, and be camping out in the woods a few days ahead of time.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: thestringphish]
    #1491764 - 04/25/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

sacrifice.. animal sacrifice.. cats work good, but they are scratchy

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Dogomush]
    #1491783 - 04/25/03 12:50 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hmmm y'know, if you've been researching that long, it's quite possible that you have a strong idea implanted in your head of what a trip is like... this could be bad. I'd just focus on feeling what you feel. You'll be chilling out waiting for it to happen and then you'll be like "WOAH I'm high, this isn't anything like what terrence said!" I mean, you just can't imagine what a mushroom trip is like before ever doing them. You'll likely sit there and think this is great, but it's not nearly as hardcore as I imagined. Just relax, that's the best advice. Just relax and CHECK SHIT OUT CAUSE IT'S SO COOL!!

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1492474 - 04/25/03 09:10 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A while back, I decided to read some of Lord of the Rings as I waited for the peak. I went outside, sat on our bench in the garden and read. It was actually quite a good way to relax yourself before a trip (keeps your mind occupied) and as the effects begin to rise, you may find yourself with very vivid details of the story you are reading. Very relaxing also to be in my garden, smelling the plants and flowers around me and hearing nothing but silence and the occasional bird chirps.
Normally I might put on a nice relaxing album to ease your nerves into the trip. And sometimes I do nothing in particular at all.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Dogomush]
    #1492479 - 04/25/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

lol yea I bet it is cool, I'll be taking 3 dried grams so I'm pretty sure its gonna hit me moderately hard. I only have experiences being drunk a couple times and a few intense mj "trips" so this is probably gonna exceed my expectations. From reading all the trip reports I expect to giggle a lot, see stuff morph, and have a lot of deep thoughts. Anything beyond that will be a bonus! I plan to do it alone cause someties when I smoke bud with my friends they won't let me close my eyes and just relax, they think I'm gonna fall asleep. But I will tell my friend who lives right down the street that I'm doing this so he can pop it just incase things go really hay wire. My plan for the day is to eat them early in the morning, go for a walk in the forest, listen to some Tool and Pink Floyd, explore my backyard, and basically just have fun exploring my mind. Lying down in silent darkness I will try for another trip.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Sheepish]
    #1492488 - 04/25/03 09:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think just looking a your sig will get me in a good humour  :grin:

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Loc: Suburbia
    #1493702 - 04/25/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ahaha seuss, Im the same way. I like to clean me surrounding REALLY good, so its very pleasing on the eye. Otherwise when I start to grill, the clutter/mess will just irritate the shit out of me.

--------------------
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23682 - Level 4

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: dmc_illz]
    #1496752 - 04/26/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Personally i abstain from food for 12, 8, or 4 hours before i dose. Drink lots of water. Clean my surroundings, pick my clothing and FOOTWEAR (gotta have comfy footwear), Make sure i have a nice bowl of marijuana packed, and concentrate on the goal of my trip, and that is, to become more focused in life. I also generally...if indoors, make a playlist on the computer, or load appropriate cd's.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: PDU]
    #1496814 - 04/26/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I like reading, yeah, that sure is a good thing to do

when you get more experience, it?s really nice to read stuff like The Divine Comedy, by Dante.....

nowadays I like reading jokes, filosophy and having a little smoke before hand.....
setting up the music is also a nice thing......praying is good if you worship any kind of being or god......

writing.....painting and drawing when the colors get brighter.....playing with those sticky balls, tenis balls......but it?s better to do anything still......don?t move a lot on the onset because your stomch might complain.....

do whatever calms you......

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: marcosbj]
    #1497665 - 04/27/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I normally try not to eat 6 hours previous, & I'll ready roll a good few joints for the end(or if I wanna shoot that extra bit higher), then when I peak I'll look in the mirror & say "i'm back!"
sometimes I'll descuss things with myself too (but Im crazy like that)

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: metalchimp]
    #1498209 - 04/27/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yes, talking to yourself about the oncoming trip is a very nice thing.....
tell yourself, out loud, that it?s gonna be a nice trip and reasure yourself about you being a good person....

not only thinking but telling yourself......or just talk normal stuff, that would work as well......

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: marcosbj]
    #1498415 - 04/27/03 05:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Pre Dose Rituals, a very good topic indeed.

usually after i've injested the mushrooms, i know that it will hit me in about 45 minutes. I turn on my tv and just chill out for a bit. I also think some good thoughts and make sure my phones are near me incase i get a call. After about 30 minutes i go up and roll a joint and smoke it. By the time ive finished smoking the weed and the mushrooms should be hitting me. So i am now cast off into the world of the mushroom :smile:

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1498708 - 04/27/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I always shower as the mushrooms/acid begins to kick in - puts myself in a good state of mind.

--------------------

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Zahid]
    #1499123 - 04/27/03 10:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I always shower as the mushrooms/acid begins to kick in - puts myself in a good state of mind. 

^ oddest yet.

Personally I like to do a bit of what everyone else has mentioned. Sometimes TV if I feel like it or something good is on but I usually get bad vibes from the TV until I'm hardcore trippin.

Usually I like to sit in near darkness and just think or meditate try to relax and think of things to come :laugh:

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

#1500312 - 04/28/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

sure, washing yourself is really good
I live in a vaery hot, tropical climate, so it makes me feel sort of clener, with no sweat or anything dirt on me.......it?s like getting the body clean so I can next get my mind clean as well.......

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#1505819 - 04/29/03 07:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I clean like a worker bee the day before. I like day tripping and a mess will totally fuck my trip up. I also keep a big clean blanket around for the regression ride if necessary.  :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1505840 - 04/29/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I clear all thoughts, meditate, neutralize.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1506778 - 04/30/03 03:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Pre-dosing rituals?

Usually the days before the Trip I work at it mentally. What would it be like, do I feel in the right frame of mind? The usual stuff I guess. The day of the Trip I tend to go downtown and lay the exact same $ my dose costs on a homeless guy, after that I meditate and when I feel the time is ripe: in go the grams!

My solos I do lying in bed with closed eyes or under the stars at night on a cloudless sumer night. (temp above 15'C and little wind: I once nearly died of Hypothermia and this is, contrary to popular belief, an absolute horror) I usually go for small doses of top quality high strenght mushrooms. In group Trips it's a little more complicated, but I tend to stick to pre-dosing meditation whenever it's going to happen, and encourage others to do this as well, even if this just means "feeling yourself" in the spiritual sense.

Lightning has struck (a christmas heart infarction) and I haven't tripped since awhile before that. Soon it'll be my 10 year anniversary of the use of major Psychedelics. I decided that's going to be the day to either discover I have a Psychedelic future or a Psychedelic past or at worst end up in the ICU again, Gods forbid. But to stay on-topic:

1..preparation days
2..dump amount of $ trip costs on homeless guy
3..meditate
4..trip in silence & darkness
5..try to stay high without dosing up on something
6..mellow through the day(s) after takeoff

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: Asante]
    #1507456 - 04/30/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i take a shower too

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
    #1507672 - 04/30/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i like to meditate in a nice place outdoors and get my mind straight and pray for a good trip.  :smile: 

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

Loc: in miami where aint shit ...
Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1516387 - 05/03/03 12:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

" The day of the Trip I tend to go downtown and lay the exact same $ my dose costs on a homeless guy, "

is that for karma purposes to help your trip go better?  :laugh:

sounds like a great idea to me

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Pre-dosage rituals [Re: SizzlinJ]
    #1521441 - 05/05/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well, actually it grew on me. I was tripping some years ago and suddenly it dawned on me that I was expanding my consciousness with $10 worth of Shrooms while downtown a guy could have a meal (or stave off withdrawal) with it. Egoistically speaking it gives me a good feeling, kinda boyscout-good-deed-for-the-day like. Don't matter to me if it's blown on dope too. As a matter of fact I know one of them (a crank-shooter), slipped him a $10 and said: "Here's your gram & a bigmac!" he actually wished me a good Trip too!
Now THAT's a nice mindset to go on your Voyage, nay? :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
    #1522323 - 05/05/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Usually try to abstain from all drugs for about 5 days before the trip.  then I eat the shrooms (ground up in orange juice) and 2 cups of green tea (antioxidants, and I love green tea).  I smoke a nice bongload of nuggets until I get "spiritually" high (you know what I mean if you've ever gone five days and not gotten high, then get REALLY stoned) and it's into the hot shower.  The entire combination of all of these actions serve to get me really relaxed.  Sometimes I'll read over the 12 PAthways (Handbook to Higher Consciousness) or read Be Here Now or, if you REALLY wanna nice experience with a loving curendero, check out Psychedelic Prayers by Leary et al.  His "prayers" are designed ot be read and medittated upon through out the trip.  Thats an Ideal trip however, sometimes I just dose and grab my pack and head to the mountains for a night of camping :smile:

jR

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds