Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Morel spore syringe?
    #1490229 - 04/24/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Just wondering if it would be possible to make a spore print of a morel? Must I use agar or a wedge? Reason being I am getting a few lbs. of freshly picked morels within two weeks from connections back east. I will try to cultivate indoors, although I know success is rare if any. But hey, I need a summer project. Thank you for your time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Morel spore syringe? [Re: ]
    #1490323 - 04/24/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

theres a few sights that explain how to grow on the web, simply go to www.google.com, type in morel cultivation, i found some good shit, getting mycelium spawn is simple, the trouble comes getting it to fruit, it takes several months to cultivate morels, you can do a honey water tek with these.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Anonymous

Re: Morel spore syringe? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1490351 - 04/24/03 04:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I understand the cultivation. I have several pages book marked. All of the pages suggest agar, I am wondering if I can make a print, then a syringe, and innoc. my media. Thanks.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1490393 - 04/24/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

the problem with making a print is that a morel isnt shaped like a normal mushroom, i would wrap a whole fresh mushroom in a peice of sterile alluminum foil, and let it drop spores, ajitate it, role it over every so often. you might be able to get a syringe like that.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Anonymous

#1490422 - 04/24/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Was thinking of suspending it in a 1/2 pint jar, and waiting. Then using sterile H2O and draw it up.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1490454 - 04/24/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

very good!!!!!!!!!!!! hang it upside down with a string through the stem, 2 lil bitty holes in the lid for some fishing string to be tied to, then tape over the holes. if you use a wild shroom yur almost doomed for contamination though, i wonder if dipping the shroom in h2o2 would help?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1490479 - 04/24/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You tell me. I think either rinsing in a bleach or H2O2 may work???

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1490498 - 04/24/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i think yur best bet is to clone on agar, but i dont think a week solution of h2o2 would hurt the spores at all. i think bleach would fuckem up though, i wish someone else would put in there .02 so far this entire thread is me and you.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1490503 - 04/24/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, I agree PS, and thank you for your help. Perhaps I should just do agar. I just didn't wish to invest more $$ in supplies, such is life I suppose. 
P.S. have some shrooms :smile:

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1490511 - 04/24/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

go to a health food store, malt extract is cheap and so is agar agar, you dont need petri dishes, half pint wide mouths work. and also potatoes are cheaper then malt, and then all you need is agar. this site has some pretty good agar recipes that should work.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1490543 - 04/24/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

HEY CHECK IT OUT THERE WHENT MY 1,000 POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

--------------------

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1490573 - 04/24/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????????

h2o2 kills spores....

do not listen to this, you will have complete failure if you put h2o2 in a spore syringe. Jesus.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineRaadt
nicht

#1490593 - 04/24/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

agar, or try and make a syringe using a gentamycin solution (antibiotic) there is a thread regarding that process in advanced mushroom cultivation right now. Agar is the only way i think you'll really have good success, though. Germinate the spores - then move them to h202 plates.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Morel spore syringe? [Re: Raadt]
    #1490596 - 04/24/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

so it kills spores but not mycelium?

--------------------

OfflineRaadt
nicht

#1490607 - 04/24/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yes, that is it's function in mushroom cultivation. To kill spores. If you put h2o2 in agar, you cannot germinate spores on it. That's why h2o2 agar doesn't get contams, the spores die, or cannot germinate in it's presence. I have a post about this in advanced mushroom cultivation you may search for titled Peroxide help, or something similar. It has a lot of info.

--------------------
Raadt

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Morel spore syringe? [Re: Raadt]
    #1494245 - 04/25/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Psychoslut:
I don't think you should comment on things that you, rudely put, pull out of your ass. Don't give advice to others when you know nothing of the sort.

Pitdawg:
I read elsewhere that hanging the morel mushroom upside down to deposit its spores works. It was similiar to what you had planned: hang the morel upside down in a jar and let the spores fall out... then add sterile water and suck up the spore deposits in a syringe.
And yes, morels take a long time to fruit... months or even longer. So patience, my friend :smile:.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Edited by daba (04/25/03 07:44 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale