Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
Why first love?
    #1490118 - 04/24/03 05:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Everybody says first love you never forget. I start thinking that it is so. I can't really figure out why.
I guess you always remember your first trip, your first day of school, your first kiss or something, first time of having sex.
My dilema is why(at least I) are we so addicted to the first person we fall in love? It's been so long(2 years) since I broke up with that girl, but I still have it in my mind. The thought of her, just can't get out. Can any experinced guy answer this? Thanks in advance!

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Why first love? [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #1490243 - 04/24/03 06:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

First loves are very difficult to let go of. It's often very hard to let go of something you have invested so much time in at a young age... I'm assuming your first love was at a young age. Your first love will be the measuring stick for all future relationships until the day you find someone who you have a love for that eclipes your first love. As you get older, you will find it easier to not linger on things of the past. As long as you linger on past romances you're just basically standing still.

Anyhow, years down the road, when you find a woman and fall in love and your past romances are all but forgotten, you will still have a special place in your heart for your first love. She marks the moment in your life in which you realized that there was just so much more to life.

Occasionally I run into my "first love." I have no romantic intrest in her, I am happily engaged to a woman I love more deeply then I ever loved her. But for some reason, when I see her, she take's my breathe away. I can't help thinking about all our memories and all the emotions I first experienced with her. But, she will never mean more to me then that... just a bundle of special memories.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
Re: Why first love? [Re: djd586]
    #1491441 - 04/25/03 12:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wise words. That pretty much captures anything I would have posted. In a few years from now, despite the pain (it fucking sucks!), you will be much wiser and view this as a tremendous learning experience. Wisdom... now that's something to look forward to!

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Why first love? [Re: djd586]
    #1492110 - 04/25/03 06:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for your words. Seems like I must get over it. :smile:
I was young and I still am, :laugh: But 2 years have passed.. and it's still like few weeks. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

#1492114 - 04/25/03 07:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Whatever shoking expirience you have for the first time it leave an imprint in your brain.

--------------------

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Why first love? [Re: cleaner]
    #1492216 - 04/25/03 09:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I fell in love for the first time when I was 14 years old.. 7 years later me and the girl still talk, and every once in a while we'll get together and just snuggle up and watch a movie... It's really nice...
We still tell each other we love each other, even though we hardley ever see each other, in fact, sometimes we won't talk for months at a time, but this girl will always have a special place in my heart..

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

InvisibleLoriiii
barbie core

Loc: Israel
Re: Why first love? [Re: nubious]
    #1492367 - 04/25/03 10:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well, 1st of all , I'm a female, but I must add that I feel exactly the same, which means its really not a matter of gender.
Now, my 1st serious relationship, was also my 1st love and my 1st sexual experience, and this guy was older than me in 5 years, ( I was 17 and he was 22 when we started dating).

I fell inlove with him with all my heart, and I still love him today, although Im also inlove with another fella. its just that this emotion towars this guy, will never dissapear and I guess I will always have room for him in my heart. Yet I know for sure that I dont want him anymore, he doesnt even attract me that much nowdays. but I sure hope I'll be able to have that strong emotions for some1 in the future like ive felt towars him.
(im inlove now, but this love will never reach the legs of that 1st pure and strong love).

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Why first love? [Re: Loriiii]
    #1493719 - 04/25/03 05:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Now, that we are in the Philosophy forum, may I ask if there are certain substances in our brain that are used in such a manner(for the first time) that they are depleted? I mean, some kind of ireversible reaction? :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#1495012 - 04/26/03 03:11 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm almost 20 and I've never been in love. I don't get it and am really struggling with that fact (and myself). Pain or no pain, "its better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all".

Bone-R

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Offlineninjahedge
hedge made ofninjas

Loc: here nor there
Re: Why first love? [Re: TheDude]
    #1495855 - 04/26/03 02:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

love is probably the most formidable thing i have ever encountered in my 18 some odd years. i am in it right now (my first), and have been for over a year now. it is extremely frightening to be young, and yet have someone who you feel so much for, and that you know feels the same way toward you. whatever may happen, i know i will never be able to forget this girl for as long as I live.

i think it's natural for us to cling to our firsts....especially when they feel so right. i guess we have to just learn to move on once it ends (if it ends). it could take years to do that - and that's ok as long as you're not totally depressed or anything. remember it for what it was worth - and that's a lot - and move on to other and hopefully better things. *so much easier said than done....good luck, chap

--------------------
ow, i poked my brain,
now it's leaking all over...
i guess it's ok

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology