Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: AaronEruditus]
    #14907285 - 08/11/11 04:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeh no shit. sometimes i wonder why i even bother trying to explain shit to the unwilling :lol:

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAaronEruditus
Enthusiast
Male

Loc: Ottawa, ON, Canada Flag
Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: owls]
    #14907326 - 08/11/11 04:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You know, some people just aren't ready to reconsider what they have been taught. That's the society of today, very close-minded.

The funny thing is, Terence McKenna is very respected on this board...and for a good reason. This man's genius spreads far beyond our understanding of the mind.

However, when I posted that link on "Schizophrenia or Shamanic?", most people didn't even respond to it, give their 2 cents, add criticism....nothing. Seems like the only videos enjoyed  by good ol' Terence are when he's talking about "getting loaded".

Anyways, thanks for your comments dude, you seem like a reasonable guy :smile:

OfflineComradez
stargazer
Male

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: AaronEruditus]
    #14907447 - 08/11/11 04:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEruditus said:
The longer people treat schizophrenia like a "disorder" or "sickness", or think of themselves as being "sick" or "crazy", the longer it'll stay that way.

I really don't feel like explaining myself. The one's who know what I meant will understand.

Bless you.

On 3.5 grams of mushrooms + weed, I've degenerated into full-blown "formal thought disorder"--a manic "word-salad" output that lasted for at least an hour during which I thought I was explaining perfectly self-evident things that, in hindsight, didn't make a nanogram of sense even in terms of constructing coherent delusions.  It was way beyond that.  My mind was racing from one thing to the next, omitting 9 out of every 10 words as just so much useless verbiage that I was sure was implicitly understood by my friend (who didn't have a clue what I was trying to say, but who was finding it incredibly hysterical nonetheless, which then made me laugh hysterically in turn as I tried to explain what I was thinking, so it was a fun time despite the complete disorganization of linguistic thought). 

I really wish I had videotaped myself because I'm sure I would find it fascinating to watch a million times, in terms of possibly being able to recover *some* of the thought process I had at the time.  As it stands, though, I have no idea what I was thinking, nor do I even remember much of what I said.  I think a lot of it went something like this:

"Religion is kind of a symmetrical dinosaur because when the final fantasy pushes the poesie du present, it gets into the pancakes and THEN OH BOY do you interlocute a not so really very many scorpion tabernacle, but the vehicular clamberwang shebang-a-wang do-dat-do wong song sing into my pony when the shiny contestation wants to alright the knight to c3 to get the geometry so that everlastingly lasting into the last lasterday daydream meme-machine..."

To be fair, this was hilarious and harmless while it lasted.  The main consequence of all of this was me and my friend laughing our asses off.  But if I had to live in this mindset all the time, I'm sure it would eventually stop being funny and start being very exhausting, bewildering, and frightening, both to myself and to others.  In this chronic sense, I'd call it a sickness. 

The point of the psychedelic experience, in my mind, is not so much the destination as it is the voyage.  The idea is to occasionally travel from complete rationality to complete irrationality, from France to Siberia.  Most people are stuck in France all their lives, which is lame enough, but being stuck in Siberia all one's life would be even worse, I think.  The point is to be able to travel between the two, so that you gain an outside perspective on both.

--------------------

They say that life's a carousel / Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well / The world is full of kings and queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams / It's heaven and hell - Ronnie James Dio (RIP) :headbanger:

OfflineAaronEruditus
Enthusiast
Male

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: Comradez]
    #14907521 - 08/11/11 05:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Comradez said:
Quote:

AaronEruditus said:
The longer people treat schizophrenia like a "disorder" or "sickness", or think of themselves as being "sick" or "crazy", the longer it'll stay that way.

I really don't feel like explaining myself. The one's who know what I meant will understand.

Bless you.

On 3.5 grams of mushrooms + weed, I've degenerated into full-blown "formal thought disorder"--a manic "word-salad" output that lasted for at least an hour during which I thought I was explaining perfectly self-evident things that, in hindsight, didn't make a nanogram of sense even in terms of constructing coherent delusions.  It was way beyond that.  My mind was racing from one thing to the next, omitting 9 out of every 10 words as just so much useless verbiage that I was sure was implicitly understood by my friend (who didn't have a clue what I was trying to say, but who was finding it incredibly hysterical nonetheless, which then made me laugh hysterically in turn as I tried to explain what I was thinking, so it was a fun time despite the complete disorganization of linguistic thought). 

I really wish I had videotaped myself because I'm sure I would find it fascinating to watch a million times, in terms of possibly being able to recover *some* of the thought process I had at the time.  As it stands, though, I have no idea what I was thinking, nor do I even remember much of what I said.  I think a lot of it went something like this:

"Religion is kind of a symmetrical dinosaur because when the final fantasy pushes the poesie du present, it gets into the pancakes and THEN OH BOY do you interlocute a not so really very many scorpion tabernacle, but the vehicular clamberwang shebang-a-wang do-dat-do wong song sing into my pony when the shiny contestation wants to alright the knight to c3 to get the geometry so that everlastingly lasting into the last lasterday daydream meme-machine..."

To be fair, this was hilarious and harmless while it lasted.  The main consequence of all of this was me and my friend laughing our asses off.  But if I had to live in this mindset all the time, I'm sure it would eventually stop being funny and start being very exhausting, bewildering, and frightening, both to myself and to others.  In this chronic sense, I'd call it a sickness. 

The point of the psychedelic experience, in my mind, is not so much the destination as it is the voyage.  The idea is to occasionally travel from complete rationality to complete irrationality, from France to Siberia.  Most people are stuck in France all their lives, which is lame enough, but being stuck in Siberia all one's life would be even worse, I think.  The point is to be able to travel between the two, so that you gain an outside perspective on both.

Very entertaining post to say the least, hehehe. Been there (you know, when you're brain just jumps from one to the other 'enlightening' thought). At least you and friend had fun and weren't running around the neighborhood preaching the oncoming Apocalypse (not that this happened to me, just the first example that came to mind).

You made a good point. I'm going to the gym now, so when I come back, I will explain my point. No doubt, there IS a risk in using psychedelics while exhibiting certain mental patterns, but there is a safe way of doing it.

Like I said, I'll be back in a little while with a longer, more in-detail response.

Thank you for being respectful in your answer, it's appreciated :smile:

OfflineJilPil
I'm a teapot

#14907661 - 08/11/11 05:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEruditus said:

Bless you.

OH FUCK YOU!

OfflineDscid
 User Gallery

#14907904 - 08/11/11 06:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I agree...
Quote:

AaronEruditus said:

No doubt, there IS a risk in using psychedelics while exhibiting certain mental patterns, but there is a safe way of doing it.

OfflineXeR0
Mind Voyager
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: Dscid]
    #14908106 - 08/11/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEruditus said:

No doubt, there IS a risk in using psychedelics while exhibiting certain mental patterns, but there is a safe way of doing it.

Which is why I said that it's a lot like playing russian roulette. There's always that chance that things could go wrong. Maybe that in of itself is the obstacle that a schizo must overcome in order to purge their schizophrenia. I'm thankfully not schizophrenic so I wouldn't know. This conversation seems to open some topics that I'm quite interested in discussing...keep it lively!

--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

ToDo: Galantamine, Hydergine

OfflineZeusophobia
Stranger
Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: XeR0]
    #14908397 - 08/11/11 08:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Alright guys, I think I'm not going to do it. I was willing to risk a bad trip, but risking a permanent bad trip (which is how I would describe schizophrenia before I was on meds) is not on the table.

Thanks for the responses.

OfflineXeR0
Mind Voyager
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: Zeusophobia]
    #14908409 - 08/11/11 08:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Zeusophobia said:
Alright guys, I think I'm not going to do it. I was willing to risk a bad trip, but risking a permanent bad trip (which is how I would describe schizophrenia before I was on meds) is not on the table.

A wise decision. I'm sure it must suck but weighing the pros and cons...and unfortunately in this case, the cons outweigh the pros. I'm sure you'll find solace in lucid dreaming and OBE's...something that is equally amazing. They're obviously hard to achieve but its worth it.

--------------------
Drug Experience: Caffeine, Codeine/Morphine, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Dream Herb (Calea Zacatechichi), Melatonin, N,N-DMT, LSD, Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Cannabis

OfflineAaronEruditus
Enthusiast
Male

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: XeR0]
    #14908536 - 08/11/11 08:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, now to my explanation.

Terence McKenna has talked about this in "Schizophrenic or Shamanic?".

He mentions that in traditional/aboriginal societies, an individual showing 'schizophrenic' tendencies is taken by the elders, told he has a special gift, and put under the training of a Shaman. A shaman is somebody who guides the aboriginal society, heals the sick (he does what the western society today calls "alternative medicine/healing"), and is a teacher to the young and old alike. A wise man who does more than just philosophise all day, but goes into "action" when needed to.

In our society, people displaying 'schizophrenic' thought patterns are told that they have a problem, are becoming a 'threat' to society, put under drugs (which are so nicely labeled as "medicine"), and in worst case scenarios locked in psych-wards.

Most of you will clearly see the difference in treatment here.

Shamans are also know to use psychedelics/entheogens as a journeying/magickal/ceremonial tool. Now, Shamans-to-be, or so-called neophytes will NOT be allowed to use these plants right away. They start off with meditation/thought control. Then move on to doing magickal ceremonies under NO influence at all. You see, before they are allowed to let an entheogen explode their imagination into limitlessness, they will have to have control over their mind/imagination, and not the other way around. They will have to be able to do magick WITHOUT entheogens, so when they ARE under the influence, the ceremony will be THAT much more powerful and according to the expectation/goal of the ceremony.

Now, in Western society, most people don't practice meditation and thought control exercises, let alone [ceremonial] magick. So, when a 'schizophrenic', who most likely does NOT know how to control/quiet his own mind, goes onto a psychedelic experience (which will blow his already vivid imagination to whole new, seemingly limitless dimensions), the chances of fright being experienced is very big.

That IS why I suggested he take up meditation first, learn to quiet his mind and control his imagination.

I hope I cleared a few things up with this post. If there are still serious questions to be asked, I will gladly do my best to explain.

Bless all of you, and have a nice evening :smile:

--------------------
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.” ~ Aleister Crowley

“Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us, is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone.” ~ Don Juan Matus

OfflineAaronEruditus
Enthusiast
Male

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: JilPil]
    #14908541 - 08/11/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ahmcarri said:
Quote:

AaronEruditus said:

Bless you.

OH FUCK YOU!

I'm astounded over and over by the intellectual display in your posts.

Bravo, good sir.

OfflineXeR0
Mind Voyager
Male User Gallery

#14908690 - 08/11/11 09:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEruditus said:

He mentions that in traditional/aboriginal societies, an individual showing 'schizophrenic' tendencies is taken by the elders, told he has a special gift, and put under the training of a Shaman. A shaman is somebody who guides the aboriginal society, heals the sick (he does what the western society today calls "alternative medicine/healing"), and is a teacher to the young and old alike. A wise man who does more than just philosophise all day, but goes into "action" when needed to.

In our society, people displaying 'schizophrenic' thought patterns are told that they have a problem, are becoming a 'threat' to society, put under drugs (which are so nicely labeled as "medicine"), and in worst case scenarios locked in psych-wards.

Shamans are also know to use psychedelics/entheogens as a journeying/magickal/ceremonial tool. Now, Shamans-to-be, or so-called neophytes will NOT be allowed to use these plants right away. They start off with meditation/thought control. Then move on to doing magickal ceremonies under NO influence at all. You see, before they are allowed to let an entheogen explode their imagination into limitlessness, they will have to have control over their mind/imagination, and not the other way around. They will have to be able to do magick WITHOUT entheogens, so when they ARE under the influence, the ceremony will be THAT much more powerful and according to the expectation/goal of the ceremony.

Now, in Western society, most people don't practice meditation and thought control exercises, let alone [ceremonial] magick. So, when a 'schizophrenic', who most likely does NOT know how to control/quiet his own mind, goes onto a psychedelic experience (which will blow his already vivid imagination to whole new, seemingly limitless dimensions), the chances of fright being experienced is very big.

That IS why I suggested he take up meditation first, learn to quiet his mind and control his imagination.

I hope I cleared a few things up with this post. If there are still serious questions to be asked, I will gladly do my best to explain.

You sir are not so far at being a Shaman yourself. I enjoyed reading your post and I learned a lot. It made a lot of sense. I'd love to hear more from you.

--------------------

OfflineAaronEruditus
Enthusiast
Male

#14908769 - 08/11/11 09:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

XeR0 said:
Quote:

AaronEruditus said:

You sir are not so far at being a Shaman yourself. I enjoyed reading your post and I learned a lot. It made a lot of sense. I'd love to hear more from you.

Thank you for this kind post, good sir.

One day I would definitely like to practice shamanism myself, but I'm afraid that I still have A LOT to learn. This is also why I have such a high regard/respect for Shamans and their lifestyle. I can only 'imagine' the things they have seen.

Bless you :smile:

InvisiblePhenocide
Male

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: Zeusophobia]
    #14909767 - 08/12/11 02:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Zeusophobia said:

This post shows that you are indeed in control of your own mind and future.  I'm am very pleased to read this.  :thumbup:

You just made a volitional choice--you thought about it for days and made a choice--not some "jump to a position" kind of reactionary choice, but a thoughtful, volitional choice.

Now you get to watch your friends trip while you drink alcohol and smoke a little weed.  You will get to see how silly they look, and how silly their "spiritual insights" are when they are talking about them on the come-down.

You are going to need to figure out how to not be a douchebag in pointing that out though (maybe don't point it out at all).

That said, I am truly sorry that you won't get to experience music or sex or observing the budding of a flower on psychedelics.

--------------------
"I view most psychedelic experiences as potentially misleading. Psychedelics do not guarantee wisdom. They merely guarantee more content."  Sam Harris

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: healing]
    #14909814 - 08/12/11 03:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

healing said:
Quote:

Macavity224 said:
Quote:

healing said:
I have schizoaffective disorder. If I smoke pot, I go crazy (psychotic and paranoid) If I take acid, I have a great time :smile:

Don't know about mushrooms yet, I hope they still work with the combination of medications I'm on.

Try it, you might have a great experience, or find out that you should never do mushrooms again. Then again, it might not work for you.

LSD shouldn't work for me because of my medications, but it does for whatever reason. Everybody's different.

What medications are you on, if you don't mind me asking?

A high dose of an atypical anti psychotic, two kinds of anti anxiety meds, an anticonvulsant, and an antidepressant.

are you a zombie yet?

OfflineFowlPlay
Madder Than any Hatter.
Male

Loc: Cardboard Box
Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #14909830 - 08/12/11 03:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Lets see my mother is mental insane in the wall hello how are you doing kind of way and every time I trip I loss myself completely like I'm insane that is why I don't do hallucinogens  to often even though 2C-E and Ecstasy are my favorite... I just love to dance around and feel everything.

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#14909938 - 08/12/11 04:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEruditus said:
Quote:

ahmcarri said:
Quote:

AaronEruditus said:

Bless you.

OH FUCK YOU!

Bravo, good sir.

Ahmarri I believe is a lady.  None the less he/she isn't worth arguing with.
Because meditation can lead to out of body experiences and be just as bad as dosing psychadelics. Oh and having a meltdown and ending up homeless isn't bad. Oh and keeping a job and having a social life and serious relationships and possibly a family arent good either. Well that's what I've picked up from ahmcarris posts in this thread.  :facepalm:    has the op responded to all of the terrible advice in this thread yet?

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

InvisibleMacavity224
Ubermensch
 User Gallery

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #14909940 - 08/12/11 05:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
Quote:

healing said:
Quote:

Macavity224 said:
Quote:

healing said:
I have schizoaffective disorder. If I smoke pot, I go crazy (psychotic and paranoid) If I take acid, I have a great time :smile:

Don't know about mushrooms yet, I hope they still work with the combination of medications I'm on.

Try it, you might have a great experience, or find out that you should never do mushrooms again. Then again, it might not work for you.

LSD shouldn't work for me because of my medications, but it does for whatever reason. Everybody's different.

What medications are you on, if you don't mind me asking?

A high dose of an atypical anti psychotic, two kinds of anti anxiety meds, an anticonvulsant, and an antidepressant.

are you a zombie yet?

That's nice :facepalm:

--------------------
"O my soul, I taught you to say "Today" as well as "Once" and "Formerly," and to dance your dance over every here and there and yonder."

:trippnballs:

Everything I post here is not true. Do not believe a single word of it.

OfflineRealRollForever
Whiny Cannabis Addict
Male

Loc: Under the radar Flag
    #14910391 - 08/12/11 08:53 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Zeusophobia said:
I'm on Zyprexa and Abilify. Zyprexa is an anti psychotic, I think it somehow effects my seratonin, Abilify is an anti-depressant. I'm not depressed, it's just that Abilify maximizes the effects of the Zyprexa without giving me the nasty side effects of a large dose of Zyprexa.

I'd be willing to waste money on "it might not do anything" but at the same time, I don't want to mess around with my meds in order to get it to work. I would literally have to stop taking them for 3 weeks to get them out of my system and cold turkeying Zyprexa is a death wish.

I didnt read the rest of the thread but I'm gonna jump in here anyway...Abilify is an antipsychotic-with reports of seizures when mixed with LSD.  Mushrooms are the same type of agonist I'm pretty sure so DONT do it. :badshroom:

--------------------

OfflineAaronEruditus
Enthusiast
Male

Re: I'm an extremely stable schizophrenic person. Would mushrooms be bad for me? [Re: Rewindicus]
    #14910439 - 08/12/11 09:20 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rewindicus said:
Quote:

AaronEruditus said:
Quote:

ahmcarri said:
Quote:

AaronEruditus said:

Bless you.

OH FUCK YOU!

Bravo, good sir.

Ahmarri I believe is a lady.  None the less he/she isn't worth arguing with.
Because meditation can lead to out of body experiences and be just as bad as dosing psychadelics. Oh and having a meltdown and ending up homeless isn't bad. Oh and keeping a job and having a social life and serious relationships and possibly a family arent good either. Well that's what I've picked up from ahmcarris posts in this thread.  :facepalm:    has the op responded to all of the terrible advice in this thread yet?

Haha, that was rather an amusing post. Thanks.

Well, I wouldn't call her a 'lady' per se, maybe a girl?

Face-palm indeed. Shows what happens when people type while their emotions are running instead of using some reasoning.

Anyways, have yourself a good day.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds