Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrouted
journeyman
Geurilla growing pot?
    #1487822 - 04/23/03 11:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone have any links/tips that would provide information on how to get away with growing pot in a reasonably well populated area? I'm in NJ, & despite stereotypical depictions etc. there are quite a few wooded areas, but I'd need to keep things low profile enough so somene simply walking by might pass over it.

On another somewhat similar note, while doing a research for a paper I was writing on drugs and religion, I read something (I think in a book called Flesh of the Gods ed. by Peter T. Furst) about how some people somewhere who grow pot prune it in such a way as to keep it bushy, low to the ground, and spread out. Mentioned something about leaves being deep red rather than green. Now, this book was old and I'm not up on the myriad pot-growing methods (as I don't really have anywhere to grow) but has anyone heard of anything like this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Geurilla growing pot? [Re: trouted]
    #1488219 - 04/24/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

some strains will develope a more reddish/purplish color. and yes you can prune the plant into a nice little low bush. its not very hard either when the plant is about 6-12" high cut the top off the side branches will grow out every time you cut the end of a branch the smaller branches on it will start to grow out. if you are going to plant it in a woodland try to put it on a south facing slope. and plant 5 or 6 in different places. try not to leave trails from where you are going to. plant them in high weeds or a thicket. i dont know if there is nettle up there but nettle is a great cover down here plus animals stay away from it since it burns. read this site its like the shroomery of pot www.overgrow.com unfortuately you probly wont be able to fool someone if they walk right by it. thats why you should plant them on someone else's property. never on your own land. well hope i helped peace man good luck with the grow.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1489035 - 04/24/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

There is a rather interesting method of growing marijuana in a bucket hosited into the tops of a tree with a pulley, but still hidden by the tree foliage so it can't be seen.

It was rather interesting. If that doesn't work search the forum for Bonsai marijuana.

Offlinejimcon202000

Re: Geurilla growing pot? [Re: neuro]
    #1489693 - 04/24/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i pulled off a tree top grow once ...... atop a pine tree that the top died off and left a very nice craddle for a bucket but shortly before harvest something/someone dug it up and chewed it to peaces

it was fun but hard and i have not had the modivation to try again

good luck man
peace

Offlinetrouted
journeyman
Re: Geurilla growing pot? [Re: jimcon202000]
    #1489722 - 04/24/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My god, that is a marvelous idea...

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1490820 - 04/24/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

indeed that is one hell of an idea. where did you read this neuro? peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Geurilla growing pot? [Re: blaze2]
    #1490847 - 04/24/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Tree growing is key..

Gettin a good sized plant is hard.. watering is imposible.. and the plant dont get much sun.. But itd be worth the try if ur monkey like me.

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#1493951 - 04/25/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Get yourself a handheld GPS (camping/hunting type)....go to all your local parks, plant far away from trails.....near streams, rivers works well...edge of fields are also good......also get some of those 'water crystals' that absorb water and keep the soil moist for longer to aid in the fight against plant dehydration..........

Dont forget to write down your gps positions so you can come back to your babies periodically and check em out :smile:

good luck 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Geurilla growing pot? [Re: DazedSol]
    #1497251 - 04/27/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hey maybe someone can tell me quick:

I'm close to the american border in BC is it too late to get some plants in the ground?

OfflineTheGanjaGorilla
Shiitake head

Loc: N.E. Indy
    #1500030 - 04/28/03 04:51 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

One idea that's not been mentioned so far is to train your plant to grow along the ground. After your plant reaches the height of the rest of the low growing plants around it, take some old strips of pantyhose to gently bend the stem so that it's now it parallel to the ground. As the plant grows "longer," continue to anchor the stem. Now instead of one easy to spot plant sticking up in plain sight, you'll have a plant that neatly fits into the surrounding foliage. Hill-billys have being using this trick for years.

If you want an example of what this would look like, think of blackberry bushes. Just be carefull when you bend you plants, it might take a day or three to slowly bend the plant into position. Good luck.

--------------------
"Whateva I do what I want..." Eric Catman

"Whateva, I do what I want..." Eric Cartman

TheGanjaGorilla.

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: Geurilla growing pot? [Re: TheGanjaGorilla]
    #1500110 - 04/28/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Most "high in the sky" operations now consist of 5 gallon camofaged buckets, dark ropes and pullies. You climb some tree's secure some pullies and ropes. On the ground you hook the rope to the buckets that have soil and some MJ clones. Pull em up, tie the ropes in a hidden local and done. Come back and lower the garden to water, no climbing again.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Geurilla growing pot? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1500371 - 04/28/03 10:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 05:59 PM)

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1500395 - 04/28/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 05:59 PM)

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Geurilla growing pot? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1507832 - 04/30/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

theres a book on exactly wat ur talkin about look it up on www.erowid.com

just spell guerilla right.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck