Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineErRoRz
Stranger
extraction?
    #1487016 - 04/23/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A friend was wondering if it is possible to remove the chemical that gets you high directly from the white myc. He is having troubles with getting it to fruit and has tried various techniques. He knows that in some types of fungus it is possible to remove just the ingredient needed. Thanks in advance. = )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerealrasta
man in my closet

Re: extraction? [Re: ErRoRz]
    #1487109 - 04/23/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

faq....................................did you search..........no.......?
well search it next time. alcohol it say works and gives a procedure. i have never tried this a want to soon and any one that has please comment....
but here you go but seriously it took me a while to use the faq but it saves time and keeps you from lookin like you dont try to find out yourself. but hope it works for you.....
Use at least several grams of dried shroom material to make the process worthwhile and effective. The shrooms need to be thoroughly dry (rock hard) to allow pulverization. To pulverize the shrooms, put them into a small strong zip lock plastic bag (freezer bag), cover the bag with a magazine (for protection of the bag) and pound it with the rubber heel of a large shoe. After pulverization, pour the shroom material into a bottle that has a tight fitting leak proof cap. Add enough alcohol to cover the shroom material to make a loose slurry. Shake the bottle well and let it sit for 24 hours. Shake it now and then to activate the extraction.

After 24 hours of soaking, filter off the alcohol. Inexpensive dust-pollen masks make excellent filters for the slurry. These are available at hardware, drug and paint stores. They are usually white or tan colored, fit over the nose and mouth and are held on to the face by a rubber band attached to the filter. Fashion the filter over the mouth of a drinking glass. Shake up the bottle of slurry, and pour some slurry into the filter. Squeeze the filter and slurry to extract the alcohol. There are many details to deal with, but doing it once reveals them all. Experience is the best teacher. Store the extracted alcohol in a fresh bottle.

Retrieve the shroom material from the filters and resoak the extracted shroom material with fresh alcohol and repeat steps 1 and 2 (secondary filtration and reclamation).
Combine the alcohol extracts into a glass. Place a small electric fan (small desk clip on fans are perfect) near the glass and point the air flow directly down into the glass until the surface of the alcohol ripples. This will speed the evaporation and concentration. The process will take several hours. The more alcohol extract - the longer the evaporation time. As the alcohol evaporates and the level recedes down into the glass, wash the residue that adheres to the inside of the glass back into the solution. Any fumes that are generated will be harmless because the alcohol is a non poisonous drinkable spirit. Keep flames away from the solution - pure alcohol is very flammable.

Evaporate the extract down to the concentration desired. 1 to 3 or more grams of dried shroom material to 1cc of alcohol is a potent brew. The more concentrated it becomes, the less alcohol needs to be consumed. When taking a dose, the alcohol can be evaported and the shroom extract taken. Dispense the psilo-liqueur with a syringe for accuracy. Accuracy is important, because a slight over calculation could put a slightly reluctant psychonaut on pluto when only the moon was targeted.

The concentrated shroom liqueur will have a pungent mushroomy aroma (like fungi perfume). Store it in small screw cap bottles or vials in the freezer. Alcohol doesn't freeze solid and will remain liquid.

OfflineErRoRz
Stranger
Re: extraction? [Re: realrasta]
    #1487172 - 04/23/03 06:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

First of all, I'd like to say that I tried to ask the question so that I wouldn't get attitude in a reply. Im a nice guy and this is one of the resons I hate forums. And secondly, I did read the FAQ. In fact that is why I posted my question. Let me be more specific.

I have quite a few honey water tek's lying around, all of white contain a large amount of mycelia. I have a few jars that contain a "glob" of the white myc that is about the size of an apple. Now what I was wondering is if the hullucinogen could be extracted from the myc not the fruit as he assumed.

"... remove the chemical that gets you high directly from the white myc..." I don't know what the white myc has to do with the fruit. I always thought that the fruit grew out of the myc and as I mentioned I haven't had any luck with making them fruit.

Offlinerealrasta
man in my closet

#1487239 - 04/23/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well there is also a tek on there about using just myc to get off i have heard mixed reveiws. also no one attacked you partner you need not be so defencive damn. can some one say touchy..........also for you info these are on the same page on the faq.................so yes a simple search of the faqwith one keyword ....extraction. one would obtain this tek . again if you first dont see it try a different keyword but there is alot of info int the faq...here you go you can most likley aply this to your situation

It is based on spore syringes, but you can also use a spore print or a piece of sterile mycelium. I heartily recommend getting syringes, as they make the sterile process very easy.

Mycelium Growing Technique

For the ultimate in growing ease, don't bother with trying to get the mycelium to fruit or with all the crap about trying to isolate a pure strain. Pure strains are used in very high-tech commercial enterprises, where absolute consistent yield is critical. Nature herself doesn't work that way. The bias against multi-spore inoculation stems from an observation that a small number of pure strains are sometimes antagonistic on agar.

The latest research shows that something completely different happens when large numbers of strains are growing together. With numerous strains, the various clones somehow cease to be antagonistic, and form a "symbiosis" that is actually beneficial. This is great, because it allows us to SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY!

I have read that the concentration of psilocin is lower in the mycelium, but you have to weigh that with the fact that it is really hard to get good fruiting. Besides, I have definitely proven that the mycelium is plenty strong enough!

Here's how to grow the mycelium on organic rye without the tedious fruiting step.

Media preparation

For each quart canning jar of 300g rye + 300g water, you get one really strong dose or two conservative doses (This is with my strain of P. cubensis -- your mileage may vary -- start with a 1/4 jar dose and work up). You should wait about 2 weeks after complete permeation for maximum potency. Make sure that you use organic rye! If it is no labeled, it is probably grown with fungicides that will absolutely guarantee failure.
I punch a hole in the (upside-down) canning lid with a nail. Add the rye and water to the quart jar. Some recommend also adding a crushed calcium tablet for better growth. Put the lid on the jar and cover with a 6" square of aluminum foil, crimped around the lid. Process at 15 lbs pressure for 45, better 60 minutes. Let cool slowly. Remove the jars, and place in a dust and draft-free sterilized transfer chamber. (You can use an aquarium turned sideways with a plastic sheet taped over the opening)

Inoculation

Sterilize the tank with Lysol or alcohol prior to use. (Caution: FLAMMABLE) Clean your hands with alcohol and wear rubber gloves. For each jar, take off the foil, exposing the hole in the lid. Set the foil, topside-down on a clean surface (don't contaminate the inside of the foil, as you will be reusing it to cover the lid again). Sterilize the spore syringe tip in a alcohol lamp flame and (shake well) inject about 0.5-1 cc of liquid through the hole in the lid. Replace foil with the sterile side against the jar. Repeat process for each jar.
Alternatively, you could remove the lid and scrape in some dry spores from a spore print or use some sterile mycelium taken from an existing culture.

Growth

At this point, you simply place the jars in a clean, dark place and wait for permeation. You get the most rapid growth if you shake up the grains every 3 or 4 days. This is part of the reason for using rye berries. Rice simply won't shake up properly. It clumps. The inside of the clumps never get inoculated and it takes weeks for the mycelium to permeate. While it is taking such a long time, it is easy for contaminants to get the upper hand. Organic rye stays loose and allows the mycelium to rapidly colonize.
Once colonized, you are done. The jars will stay nice and usable for 3 or 4 months if kept in a cool, dark place. If I break open a jar and use part of it for a dose, I usually keep the remainder in the fridge, where it will last a month or so until you finish it off.

Psilocybin extraction

To extract the mycelium, simply add ~500g of Cranberry Juice mixed with 1/2 tsp. of ascorbic acid crystals (vitamin C) to each jar of well-permeated mycelium and shake well. Add a glass marble as an agitator if you like. The acidified liquid will remove the active components, leaving behind the rye grains. Pour off the liquid and enjoy. The extracted liquid should be a milky consistency with a thick ,frothy layer of mycelium. If you want to get all the material, then do a second extraction with another cup of juice.
It is probably an acquired taste, but I have found the resulting brew to be quite palatable, and have never had any nausea using this method. The onset of the trip occurs in about 20-30 minutes.

When you are done, there is always some residual mycelium left on the grain. Rather than throw it out, try inoculating your backyard compost pile. Or take it to you local field, etc. Perhaps we can encourage this fungus to extend it's range across the world.

Continuing the cycle

To continue the growing process, you can either grow some other batches to fruiting using the PF method to get spores, or you can simply transfer some grains of rye from the old batch to new jars of sterilized grain. The transfers will have to be done with sterile technique.
After many transfers, you may find reduced vigor. At this point, you will need to have to use spores to start the cycle over again. (Or get more PF syringes -- The syringes will keep at least a year in the fridge.) It is nice to be self-sufficient, though. I wouldn't count on our fascist government allowing PF to stay in business indefinitely.

A large pressure cooker will process 7 quart jars. Because of the time factor, and the tolerance that one quickly develops to the mushrooms,you can really only indulge about once a week. 7 jars will produce 14 doses, or about 4 months worth of mycelium. The effort required to maintain a continuous supply is only 1 or 2 hours every 4 months. The mycelium may be grown in total darkness, and the jars are quite easy to discretely conceal.

Personal observations, dosage, set & setting...

This section is my personal opinion developed after 10 or 12 full-strength trips. Take it with a grain of salt. Your mileage may vary.
Even though you can trip as often as once per week, I don't recommend it. A "full" dosage opens your perceptions to a completely different view of the world. The experience is so at odds the "standard" view of "consentual reality" that you risk losing touch with friends, work, politics, business, etc., if you over indulge. For this reason, I have found it best to think of your usage as something to provide sacred inspiration, and not something for casual entertainment. Perhaps two consecutive trips, every 2 or 3 months would be a good balance for initial investigation.

Also be careful with the dosage. Start small the first few times. A full, entheogenic dose can be absolutely frightening, as you are completely drawn into an alien world. To me this world seems to be the inner workings that lie just below the surface of consentual reality. Don't freak. You just need to remember that you will be back to normal in a few hours. Try to learn as much as you can. For many people, this is the most intense spiritual experience of their lifetime.

Because the vision that is received through P. cubensis appears to be so consistent across multiple people, I am inclined to believe that it is an actual, useful view of the way the universe is organized. The insight that I've gotten is very much in harmony with quantum physics and my understanding of the Buddhist view of the world. I believe it is a very valuable eye-opener and the experience should be available to any adult that desires to explore their mind and the way it interacts with the numinous cosmos. When taken in this light, P. cubensis becomes a freedom of religion issue.

The experience has been described as a "trip", and like a "trip" you have some control the destination. You can, with light doses, steer it towards a hedonist, masturbatory sort of thing. Alternatively, you can be find yourself overwhelmed with nature, have very deep cosmological insights (that still make sense when you are sober again!), or you can blow it watching some stupid movie. Think ahead and make the most of your 6 hours. At higher doses, a lot of your control vanishes, but you can still keep your wits about you and keep yourself from freaking. The Aztecs preferred to take their mushrooms indoors in total darkness for maximum visuals and personal insight.

Plan ahead. You will be awake for 6-10 hours (including a several hour "afterglow" where you will no longer be tripping, but you will still not be able to sleep). I usually take shrooms on Saturday afternoons. This gives me ample time to come down, get some good sleep, and have all of Sunday to be ready to return to work/school, etc.

Be responsible. This is very heady stuff. I have never given any dose to anyone, although I would consider sharing spores with a friend. I think that this is such a mind-blowing experience that it is good to have a strong barrier to experimentation. If someone is clear-headed enough to master the culturing requirements, then they can very likely handle the implications of mushroom experience. Treat it like a loaded handgun. It is much more likely to be a positive experience when the user is informed, mature, and aware.

Offlinerealrasta
man in my closet

#1487241 - 04/23/03 07:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

shit should have just linked it sorry to moderator that i pasted it out

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag