Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledtowntoker
gimme a spliff
Re: before and after [Re: thadood]
    #14935191 - 08/17/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nice fuckin clusters man!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethadood
Amorphous Personality
Male

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: before and after [Re: dtowntoker]
    #14938795 - 08/17/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You should DEFINITELY be proud!

--------------------

And the brain equals a cubicle we'll never think outside it
Now inside wanna try to tie a diagram to modify them
I'm there as a hybrid of a body of a pirate
Of a soul that can fly without control

-Eyedea, "Powdered Water Too"

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #14939791 - 08/17/11 10:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you did ok, I bet youll get growth. You just need to watch for contams to show up and cut away immediately.

You shouldnt take tissue from the cap if you want an isolate just because you could accidentally get a spore or few in there.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleLord Toranaga
Daimyo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Moon
    #14939868 - 08/17/11 10:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:  Sounds like you did ok, I bet youll get growth. You just need to watch for contams to show up and cut away immediately.
You shouldnt take tissue from the cap if you want an isolate just because you could accidentally get a spore or few in there.

Yup, those suckers are starting to fan out..  and thanks for the tip, you're full of them!  I think the next main hurdle is learning how to work with transfers, and identifying contams as early as possible.
Quote:

thadood said:  You should DEFINITELY be proud!

Yessir, proud papa.  I now have an ounce+ of happiness, some good friends, some skittles, a box of gas-ex(:horly:that's right, better believe it), and a free weekend coming up.... I wonder what I should do??????????:trippinballs:

However, on the lab-front, I had a another rather trying day, although I know those are the most instructive.

I encountered a real death in the mushy family.  A 6qt tray of Malabar succumbed to the foul, garbage-smelling death that is bacterial domination.

I cleaned out the tray and took the coir/spawn/bacteria out to the dumpster immediately.  Then I did a once-over cleaning on the plastic tray and left it sitting in the sink with hot, sudsy water.  BAD IDEA!!!  I don't know if it was my cleaning methods or the dish soap that wasn't good enough, but in a half hour the foul smell spread fully throughout my place.

As you can imagine, I was rather nervous about further contamination, and went on a semi-panicked cleaning/ousting spree, that ate a good chunk of time and energy.  Whew... more lessons learned though.

The trials continued as I tried to dunk some stalled Chile trays... [Noob tip]: It has been my experience that aluminum trays not only get eaten through very quickly, but also lead to long, flat cakes.  I have found long flat cakes quite difficult to handle in the dunking process.  They inevitably get broken up and damaged based on their awkward handling shape and flimsiness.[/tip] Did I mention that when I was trying to do the awkward dunk with as much sterility as possible, the toilet backed up, and whilst trying to fix the problem, it overflew and deposited wonderfully septic :poop: water all over the bathroom floor..  I just wanted to dispel the impression that its all peaches and roses in candy-picture land!
:fonz::awedisgust::shitstorm::smbfacepalm:

Anywho......., enough wit dem trials mon... Back to the good stuff..:jah::psybong::jah:
Operation Frankenstein is marching on with increasing zeal as its zombified fruits burst forth.:zombie4:
Somebody's getting too big for their britches: a mat of never-ending pins:
Harvest time: beautiful Chile- Malabar crackers-
and finally the promise of progeny...
maturing Malabar: R44's adorable fuzzy clone slug:

Cheers!

--------------------
The ending of sorrow is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge is always within the shadow of ignorance. Meditation is freedom from thought and a movement in the ecstasy of truth. Meditation is explosion of intelligence.
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
                        Lid Tek Ghetto Bulk Dryer Tek

Edited by Lord Toranaga (08/18/11 02:31 PM)

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: before and after [Re: Lord Toranaga]
    #14940008 - 08/17/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lord Toranaga said:

:orry:

InvisibleLord Toranaga
Daimyo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: before and after [Re: VaeVictum]
    #14940025 - 08/17/11 10:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

They're long and skinny... but they're also aplenty! :trippnballs:

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#14940050 - 08/17/11 11:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

No shit! I couldn't even give away that many shrooms. :awetongue: I seriously need to stop fucking around with cakes and get me some monotubs going.

I want to have a scary abundance of mushrooms so that I spend all my time pacing my house wondering if I should lemon tek an ounce for a 50g trip to the edge of the universe and back.

:realawe:  :wtfsonic:

InvisibleLord Toranaga
Daimyo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14940117 - 08/17/11 11:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
I want to have a scary abundance of mushrooms so that I spend all my time pacing my house wondering if I should lemon tek an ounce for a 50g trip to the edge of the universe and back.

:realawe:  :wtfsonic:

:lolsy:hahahahahaha:awedrugs:heeheeheehee:crazymonkey:Mwahahahahhhee:bigswang:heehawheehawheehawheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:awetrippie:

:sexysmile:good times:awehigh:

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#14940142 - 08/17/11 11:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Waiting for cakes to fruit takes forever. Got a large scale camping trip planned for labor day weekend. Hope my pretties are done flushing by then.

So envious!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one You should let me baby sit your shrooms for you. :thebaron: I'll keep a good eye on them. They wont go anywhere I promise.

:waddymelon:  :niggawe:

InvisibleLord Toranaga
Daimyo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14948796 - 08/19/11 06:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nice little treasure trove rotation goin on over herr...:rastamon::rainbowdrink: Trays and cakes a'poppin, LC and grain mycs a'wisping, little clone slugs a'spreadin their fanning spans...  This post could go on forever if it was to follow all the weaving mycelial threads.  So, as the original cakes that catalyzed the excitement which began this thread shrink and fade, so will the updated posts.  I'm sure I'll post other adventures in new threads with similarly amorphous endings, but with the difference of cloudy and primordially agarliscious beginnings...

Much respect and thanks to all the die-hards and passers-by who made this thread so unexpectedly popular; your advice and camaraderie was amazingly instructive and motivational.:bow2:

Onwards to a :borat: cake pic, followed by some more hints of things to come!
Peru cake #2 and Malabar cake #1 well into their second flushes
A multicultural harvest
And the Creepers don't quit!  The first pic is of some fruit I posted a pic of yesterday, but this shot really shows its spooky essence.. You can almost hear it shriek!
:eyemonster:

--------------------
The ending of sorrow is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge is always within the shadow of ignorance. Meditation is freedom from thought and a movement in the ecstasy of truth. Meditation is explosion of intelligence.
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
                        Lid Tek Ghetto Bulk Dryer Tek

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #14949452 - 08/19/11 08:41 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Nice little treasure trove rotation goin on over herr...:rastamon::rainbowdrink: Trays and cakes a'poppin, LC and grain mycs a'wisping, little clone slugs a'spreadin their fanning spans...  This post could go on forever if it was to follow all the weaving mycelial threads.  So, as the original cakes that catalyzed the excitement which began this thread shrink and fade, so will the updated posts.  I'm sure I'll post other adventures in new threads with similarly amorphous endings, but with the difference of cloudy and primordially agarliscious beginnings...

Yeah, you go!  :Tastesgoodman:  Glad to see your creepers didn't buy it.  Live and learn. :mushroomgrow:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinethadood
Amorphous Personality
Male

Loc: Planet Earth
    #14949812 - 08/19/11 09:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet mother of fuck.

:thumbup:

Nice making a new, friendly acquaintance, especially when I'm such a n00b at this. Best of luck as you venture forth - when I attain success of any scale, I'll be sure to PM you about the prospect of a possible spore swap.

--------------------

And the brain equals a cubicle we'll never think outside it
Now inside wanna try to tie a diagram to modify them
I'm there as a hybrid of a body of a pirate
Of a soul that can fly without control

-Eyedea, "Powdered Water Too"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate