Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine
    #1483456 - 04/22/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.amarillonet.com/stories/042203/tex_cocaine.shtml

Web posted Tuesday, April 22, 2003
4:18 a.m. CT

I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine

MCLEAN - A traffic stop on Interstate 40 Saturday yielded more than $4 million worth of cocaine.

Department of Public Safety troopers pulled over a 1990 Chevrolet motor home about 6:30 p.m. on eastbound I-40 near McLean, according to a DPS press release.

The occupants of the vehicle told police they could search it. During the search, troopers found 43,130 grams, or about 95 pounds, of cocaine, the release said.

The two occupants of the vehicle - Michael Wayne Crosby, 48, and Tamara Stanford, 31, both of Goodyear, Ariz. - were arrested and booked into the Wheeler County Jail on a charge of possession of a controlled substance. They were being held Monday afternoon on $125,000 bond apiece, a jail spokeswoman said.

Investigators think the cocaine shipment originated in Phoenix and was headed for Boston.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine [Re: motaman]
    #1485427 - 04/23/03 08:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The occupants of the vehicle told police they could search it.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine [Re: Learyfan]
    #1485776 - 04/23/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Some people are really fucking stupid.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #1485952 - 04/23/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Have you ever been pulled over on a interstate by state police? Saying no does nothing, if they want in they are getting in.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine [Re: Adom]
    #1486389 - 04/23/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have had my car illegially searched before. I tried to sue the city, but I couldn't find a lawyer who would take the case. Nothing was found BTW.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine [Re: z@z.com]
    #1488113 - 04/24/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Was that in Texas? In Texas if you say no they can hold you untill they get a k-9 unit to the stop and smell down your car. It might be like that other places also.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1488769 - 04/24/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Have you ever been pulled over on a interstate by state police? Saying no does nothing, if they want in they are getting in.

Yes, i've said "no, I need to get going" and he let me go.

I had weed and Adderall in my trunk.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #1488825 - 04/24/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've denied cops entrance twice to my car both times I was stuck there untill the dogs came, ended up detained for "suspicious" behavoir for an hour over a simple traffic stop(searches found 0). I've said okay go ahead and search 4 times and only once did they actually search and I was carrying enough to see prison and he didn't find shit. I just don't drive with drugs anymore unless it's enough to swallow. I'd rather trust my hiding spots than have them pig fuckers bring on the dogs.

A trafficers rule of thumb is act like you have nothing to hide and let them walk all over you. Shit gets hidden in panels, tires and engine compartments.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1489184 - 04/24/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I dont know about trafficking, but I always refuse any attempt to search my vehicle, simply on the grounds of "Its my fucking right, Man". If everyone lets them search for no reason, of course they're going to....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine [Re: jtseaweed]
    #1490345 - 04/24/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Where I live they can't force you to wait for the dogs without "probable cause" of course they consider this to be just about anything.

--------------------

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine [Re: z@z.com]
    #1491176 - 04/24/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone know if they train dogs to smell dried mushrooms?

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: I-40 traffic stop yields 95 pounds of cocaine [Re: jtseaweed]
    #1491439 - 04/24/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

They don't where I live. I had a buddy of mine who works for the police check it out. He is the K-9 unit and his dog did not smell either dried or fresh mushrooms.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds