Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Old Friends No More....
    #1481987 - 04/22/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Just a bit of a sad story thats really bothering me today, I thought I'd throw it up here for you vultures.

Back in high school, there were 3 of us who were BEST friends. Myself, Dave, and Justin. I mean, not just like friends...Like, we were brothers. Hardcore, down for each other. I seriously would do anything for either of them. Well, its 3 years after school now, Dave lives in Vegas, and we're in touch all the time. I was just down there from here (Wisconsin) to see him over spring break. I havent talked to Justin in a few months, as he lives a few hours away from me now. He's married since high school, his wife just had a baby...To illustrate how close we are, he had just gotten out of jail when they got married, and they didnt have money, so I bought their engagement rings for them. Thats fucking LOVE man....Well, I call him up and I'm like, "Yo, Justin, Whats up man...Happy 4/20!", we used to always get together and go to the Marijuana marches around here...Then he fucking says this...

Justin: "No man, its not 4/20, its Easter. Get off the drugs, all any of you guys do is sit and spin. Your lives arent going anyplace, I'm trying to make something of myself."

This fucking hurts. I mean, shit. I'm in college, WTF is he talking about? We talked for about, 30 seconds after this. He told me he didnt want to talk about it right now, but I get the feeling its his bitch of a wife who's making him say this shit.

Thats rough man, seriously, it fucking HURTS. I mean, how does like, 10 years of friendship get fucked over for some stupid cunt? I would never turn on any of my boys for a bitch....NEVER. I dont know man...I'm just all tore up over this. I know I didnt explain it well, I just cant emphasize how close we all were. He lived at my house when his parents kicked him out, and the other way around. I went and nearly got shot by the fucking pigs trying to get his dog from his house when it got raided. I talked it over with Dave, and he's just as boggled as I am. I just cant understand it...How do you make such a total paradigm shift in your life in like, 3 days?

I'll post more on this later, its class time, and I gotta go dissect some fucking cadaver. Wrinkly old bitch...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
Re: Old Friends No More.... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1483096 - 04/22/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thats a bummer man :frown:. I say try to talk to him later about it. That just doesnt seem right! It does sound like something a girl would make him do though. This is a classic case of friend turned shitty from a girl.

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1484699 - 04/22/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps he just came to the realization that drugs aren't the solution to life's problems, that they often interfere with one's life, and that in an attempt to better himself he should try to disassociate himself from the drug culture, i.e.: you.

First off I think you need to grow up and stop talking shit about this man's wife, especially when you don't anything about the situation. I for one would slug you good for talking shit like that. You also need to realize that he is married, and that his family takes top priority, not you.

Ultimately it sounds like your friend has grown up and you are still the same person you were a few years ago. Friends drift apart, especially friends from high school. It happens when people grow up.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Old Friends No More.... [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1485474 - 04/23/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Heh. The thing is, right...I dont CARE if he does drugs. I mean, I've been friends with him since before we did drugs. I couldnt care less, fuck, If I was him, I'd quit too. He was in jail for awhile for the speed. But where does he get off telling me "You dont do anything but sit and spin" when I'm the one who doesnt still live in the same shitty ass town, I'm the one who goes to College, I'm the one with a fucking job. He's a fucking ass. And I think I have a right to talk about the bitch. She USED to be a good friend of mine. I'm not gonna tell my best friend, "Oh yeah man, she's great for you." when I think she's a scumsucking bottom feeder. Fuck that.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1485497 - 04/23/03 08:50 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That sucks. This isn't the usual case of friends who are nothing but your drug dealers and that's all you have in common. This sounds like it was a completly solid friendship, that wasn't based on the drugs at all, it was just what you happened to do. I would be pissed off too. I have friends who used to smoke pot, and now they don't, and that doesn't bother me at all. They don't tell me I'm a fucking loser and do nothing but drugs all day (hypocritical if they did, because they drink a bit). We're still great friends, and we stick by each other, despite the fact that they don't smoke pot - doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm friends with them because I enjoy their company. We do grow up yes, but does that mean we should insult our former friends of more than 10 years over something so simple as a choice of lifestyle? Fuck that, it's disgusting. He needs to get off his high horse and realise what he's saying here.

Anonymous #1

#1485519 - 04/23/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

sorry to hear that... totally uncalled for him to preach to you when you were taking the initiative to call an old friend.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1485554 - 04/23/03 09:14 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well maybe he senses your immaturity, or that you can act like a complete jerk about his woman. You didn't marry her so it's none of your business. It sounds to me actually that you are a bit jealous that she and him are together and you are getting the shaft. But If I had a "friend" that acted like you are I woudln't want anything to do with them either. Like I said people grow apart, they should. Perhaps the "spinning" he is referring to is intelectual? Most folks that I know who have maintained relationships with folks that they knew in high school have serious social problems and spend a lot of their life living in some sort of fantasy world. Talk to your holmes and see whats up. If he wants to move on with his life or not associate with anybody or anything that has to do witht the drug culture that is his right. As his friend you should respect that. Move on with your life, maybe he is trying to move on with his life?

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Edited by I_Fart_Blue (04/23/03 09:23 AM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1485715 - 04/23/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

So wait, lemme get this straight. Remaining friends with someone you met in your school days means you have "serious social problems"? I'd like to hear the rationale behind this. I dont follow.....

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#1485842 - 04/23/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i value my relationships with friends from home more than any other friendship... i grew up with a tight group of buddies and we are still close... i consider them my only true friends...

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1486235 - 04/23/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well let me rephrase. The people who I have encountered in my life that maintain the same friends that they had in high school have some social issues and issues with growing up. Most of them really never grow as people and tend to have a very "school-age" mentality about them. That isn't to say not to keep in contact with old friends, but one shouldn't expect the relationship to be the same as it was ten years down the road.

Come on, how different of a person are you from when you were in high school, from when you first met? Generally the connections which draw people together in high school tend to disapear as they grow older. Maybe this is the problem, but thats for you and your friend to figure out.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1486439 - 04/23/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I can understand what you say with old friends and things. I mean, if I was 40, and my only friends were my ol' boys from Algebra back in the day, I'd be worried. But I'm only 20! High school was 2 years ago. And yeah, its definately for us to figure out. I dont doubt we'll be best buds again in a few days, It was just a spur of the moment thing posting here....Nice forum to vent in....

--------------------

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1497500 - 04/27/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The problem is that Justin did not explain his position in a respectful, mature manner. He was a friend and friends owe each other that respect even if philosophies differ. He decided to be a dick instead, I'm sure it hurts, you guys probably connected on a number of levels at some point but the best thing you can do is let it drop and don't make the same mistake he is making. He decided to end the friendship and that is his choice so just move on, sometimes friends grow apart.

"Come on, how different of a person are you from when you were in high school, from when you first met? Generally the connections which draw people together in high school tend to disapear as they grow older. Maybe this is the problem, but thats for you and your friend to figure out."

You are your experiences, not just some but all of them, no one can truly disown their past. Justin seems to be hiding from his rather than delineating his position from it. Those connections made in high school do not necessarily disappear but change. My best friend in the world has been just that since 2nd grade and we are now 36. To an outside observer we both are very different than we were in high school, and we have a lot of differences between us as well as a lot of common interests. We are open to differences in each other and we have grown together, changed together, but fundamentally we know and respect each other through numerous changes. He knows that I am a great man and an unrepentant asshole, a long friendship is liberating because you can't role play or wear masks with a true friend, they see through that to the truth. It also teaches you the joys of long held goals and unflinching humility. Some people are not up to the task, to me it is priceless, but to each his own, ultimately all you can do is live your individual life.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Old Friends No More.... [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1500318 - 04/28/03 09:32 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just an odd update...This weekend, I'm chilling at home, and Justin calls me, saying he's in town to do some construction work, and that we should get together. We did, and its so odd, we didnt mention that conversation at all, everything was just cool....

--------------------

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1500560 - 04/28/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Glad to hear it. Maybe you just caught your friend on a really bad day before and now he is thinking clearer.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Old Friends No More.... [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1500706 - 04/28/03 01:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

All twacked out on speed is more like it...Fucking tweakers...I tell you....

--------------------

OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
    #1502131 - 04/28/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

All twacked out on speed is more like it...Fucking tweakers...I tell you.... 

hahaha...i agree man. Tweakers are always messin stuff up  :tongue: 

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate