Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
handling harvested mushrooms
    #1481992 - 04/22/03 10:00 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

finally! after 3 years of trying i have finally gotten my first full harvest and i was not at all disappointed. well, now that that part is over with, i have a question on handling the picked mushrooms. i remember hearing a long time ago that it is important to be gentle with them as it will decrease potency appreciably if they are handled too rough. is this true? what is considered 'rough handling'? i started fan drying them last night and looked at them this morning. they have turned almost completely blue. is this normal, or does all this bruising mean i may have been to rough with them? thank you for any replies

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: E Tard]
    #1481999 - 04/22/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The bluing is normal.

Congratulations on your success!  :laugh: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineSemperUbiSubUbi
some dude

Loc: Colorado
    #1482041 - 04/22/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Cubies turn blue when they bruise (sometimes a little greenish), just touching a fresh one bruises it.
I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that the bluing is caused by the psilocybin oxidizing into psilocin after it hits the air. Imagine psilocybin as Iron, and psilocin as rust (iron oxide).
I seem to recall pics of some dried in the sun, they turn a deep indigo blue. (no link sorry)
and as for potency psilocin doesn't seem to last very long, so after they are blue the good stuff is breaking down pretty fast.
Another interesting thing is that the actual chemical that makes you trip is the psilocin, your body breaks down the psilocybin.
Again correct me if I'm wrong.

Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Loc: Midwest,usa
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: SemperUbiSubUbi]
    #1482150 - 04/22/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

my freind says that the bluer the better :smile: and as far as lasting long i think a dry mushy is a dry mushy....it will keep it's potency.... the blue is the stuff you want :smile:

peace

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1482503 - 04/22/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

So long as they are not exposed to anything toxic & no real high temps, they can be handled about any way you want.

6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: SixTango]
    #1484154 - 04/22/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay thank you guys :smile:  i feel so satisfied to finally have acomplished something ive sought so strongly aftyer

--------------------
I am not stoned.

OfflineTekNut

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
    #1484176 - 04/22/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Congrats E Tard!  Good job. 
Enjoy!  :wink:

Peace,
-TekNut-

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: SixTango]
    #1484206 - 04/22/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Nice watch there 6t !  :wink:

E tard ....... I am one of those freaks who believe the gentler you are to your children , the nicer they will be when you eat them , but that is me , and I am insane !  :wink:
Good Luck
May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors ! 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflinePerk
The Myth...
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: tripndicular]
    #1484566 - 04/22/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ahh, the shit just warms my heart...3 years and still at it.  That a boy!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
    #1485770 - 04/23/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

wow, i dont even remember writing my last post...i must have been drunk or something.  anyway, I had to bring my little friends on a rather long trip from my house to my dorm room in college.  i placed them on a paper plate And wrapped it in saran wrap.  i placed thAt under a few clothes and that was that.  they look a little bit squished (naturally) And considerably less Appetizing.  they should be alright, right?  i guess ill find out later tonight    :grin:

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1485902 - 04/23/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

is they are cracker dry then they are alright-many ppl powder them and put em in capsules.  have fun tonight :wink:

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1485964 - 04/23/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Be as gentle as you can with them, if you are going to store them, keep them in a paper bag not plastic or else they'll start to turn mushy. Bluing is a sign of potency but if too much has already been oxidized then they might not be as potent as if they were handled properly.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: soochi]
    #1486113 - 04/23/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that the bluing is caused by the psilocybin oxidizing into psilocin after it hits the air.

you are wrong. even some non-psychedelic mushrooms bruise blue and some psychedelic mushrooms do not bruise blue.

please check out the following

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/pictures/musid1.htm

Quote:

Pay attention to the text below and you will also notice that some Psilocybe species do not bruise blue.

On further mushroom studies you will find that some deadly species from other genera do bruise blue. Just because a mushroom bruises blue does not mean it is safe. Nor that it is hallucinogenic. THERE IS NO ONE SAFE TEST FOR ANY MUSHROOM!

- http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/pictures/musid1.htm

--------------------
Holler!

Edited by fleshofgods (04/23/03 12:56 PM)

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: soochi]
    #1486373 - 04/23/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well what happened was that while they were still in front of the fan, it came time for me to go to back to school. they were still fairly wet when i had to pack them. it's been under 48 hours since they were harvested. with the time factor and the hAndling conditions they should still be Alright, right? i had ~50 wet grams when they were picked. even if there is some diminished potency that should still be more than enough

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1486416 - 04/23/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Good link, thanks.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineSemperUbiSubUbi
some dude

Loc: Colorado
Re: handling harvested mushrooms [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1495365 - 04/26/03 05:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that the bluing is caused by the psilocybin oxidizing into psilocin after it hits the air.

you are wrong. even some non-psychedelic mushrooms bruise blue and some psychedelic mushrooms do not bruise blue.

please check out the following

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/pictures/musid1.htm

Quote:

Pay attention to the text below and you will also notice that some Psilocybe species do not bruise blue.

On further mushroom studies you will find that some deadly species from other genera do bruise blue. Just because a mushroom bruises blue does not mean it is safe. Nor that it is hallucinogenic. THERE IS NO ONE SAFE TEST FOR ANY MUSHROOM!

- http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/pictures/musid1.htm

I wasn't trying to explain why "non-psychedelic mushrooms" turn blue.
Just because some other potentially dangerous mushroom bruises blue, doesn't mean it turns blue for the same reason that a psilocybin containing one does.
You have yet to prove me wrong and change my mind.
I was going to argue your other point, but then I actually went and read the site and to my surprise there was Psilocybe coprophila (AKA the dung loving psilocybe) that did not have a bluing reaction, still, it is weak in the ways of psilocybin and is still not enough to sway my position.
N.B. Your list fails to include psilocybin containing Panaeolus cyanescens and subbalteatus, both of which have a bluing reaction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale