Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJryan
The Thinker
Male

The Infamous Obama Healthcare
    #14860987 - 08/02/11 10:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What do you think?  Rite now, Republicans are pushing to repeal it (Saw it on FNC while watching a Huckabee add).  Do you think we should repeal it and why?

--------------------
Keep Questioning those belifes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Loc: Upstate NY
Re: The Infamous Obama Healthcare [Re: Jryan] * 1
    #14860999 - 08/02/11 10:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It should be repealed.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: The Infamous Obama Healthcare [Re: audiophoenix]
    #14861114 - 08/02/11 11:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Absofuckinglutely.  It is an unconstitutional abomination.  I already lost one health insurance plan because of it and the cost of the other went way up.  Now I have to pay for whores' birth control.  It was bad enough that men have to pay the same as women.  Next they'll declare tampons medically necessary.  Also mental health and rehab coverage.  Mandated.  I don't want it.  I'll take my fucking chances.

--------------------

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #14861116 - 08/02/11 11:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

audiophoenix said:
It should be repealed.

It should be replaced by a better plan.

Forwards, not backwards.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Re: The Infamous Obama Healthcare [Re: gluke bastid]
    #14861130 - 08/02/11 11:23 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

audiophoenix said:
It should be repealed.

It should be replaced by a better plan.

Forwards, not backwards.

.. I don't disagree, although I think this plan takes us backwards, and repealing it would be a step back in the right direction. I do think a new plan is needed.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14861148 - 08/02/11 11:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I got a fucking plan.  You pay for your health care and I'll pay for mine.

--------------------

Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Re: The Infamous Obama Healthcare [Re: zappaisgod]
    #14861152 - 08/02/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I got a fucking plan.  You pay for your health care and I'll pay for mine.

... you can do that now sir.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14861204 - 08/02/11 11:41 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Right now I'm paying for a lot of other people's health care.  I'm sick of it and it's going to get worse when we create yet more entitled bums and mandated coverage.

--------------------

OfflineJryan
The Thinker
Male

#14861244 - 08/02/11 11:51 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Personally, I don't think that we should allow corporations to run our medical system (and you know they do).  They set the prices, we pay them.  It isn't a free market.  Yes I can choose to not have health insurance, but would doing so benefit me?  No.  I'm 24 years old and I'm a college student, under the previous plan, I would be dead because of the pneumonia I got.  But because the healthcare allowed me to keep my parents health insurance until I'm 26, here I am typing this message.

Is it the best plan that we could of come up with?  No.  Is it a step in the rite direction?  Now that is a good question.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: The Infamous Obama Healthcare [Re: Jryan]
    #14861410 - 08/02/11 12:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jryan said:
Personally, I don't think that we should allow corporations to run our medical system (and you know they do). 

Oh great idea.  Mom and pop pharmaceutical and device manufacturers.  They can make hip replacements out of sustainably grown hemp.
Quote:

They set the prices, we pay them.

They don't set the prices.
Quote:

It isn't a free market. 

That's right.  The government is crawling all over it.  Plus the free market distortion provided by employer insurance plans which limits choice.
Quote:

Yes I can choose to not have health insurance, but would doing so benefit me?  No.  I'm 24 years old and I'm a college student, under the previous plan, I would be dead because of the pneumonia I got.  But because the healthcare allowed me to keep my parents health insurance until I'm 26, here I am typing this message.

Bullshit.  You could have made a payment arrangement.  Not to mention that the cost of it probably didn't come anywhere close to justifying the cost of health insurance provided for you.  Imagine how much cash they would have had if they could have chosen that as compensation instead of taking health insurance.  As a young, I assume healthy, male you are getting completely screwed by the government mandated health coverage insurers must provide.  Demographically you will probably be screwed for another 25 years or so.
Quote:

Is it the best plan that we could of come up with?  No.  Is it a step in the rite direction?  Now that is a good question.

It is complete bullshit.

--------------------

OfflineJryan
The Thinker
Male
    #14862800 - 08/02/11 04:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Why shouldn't we help the person who can't afford health insurance?  It is no longer survival of the fittest.  It has become the mans struggle to survive as a race.  If we let the week die in our society this will not help our struggle.  People that struggle and die only belittle us and make us weeker, especially when we have the abillity to save that person.  Do you think we should punish people for growing up in poverty and joining a gang?  Yes, we should, but is that their fault?  I understand thinking people should work for their money, but do you really think that the guy working in a kitchen hasn't worked as hard as the CEO his hole life?  You can't blame someone for decisions they made 20 years ago.  I mean, you can, but is it logical and do they deserve that, I don't think so.  If someone gets out of jail for selling drugs, should they be kept from getting a job because they are a felon?  No, that is illogical.  This goes back to one of my favorite quotes, A man can never step in the same river twice, because for the second time, he is a different man, and it is a different river.  Therefore, we cannot look at who we were yesterday, we have to look at who we are today.  Looking at life as a continuous history book that doesn't change who we are does not make sense.  We must save the innocent, I think no longer can we stand aside and let the week die.  We must work together, or die alone.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: The Infamous Obama Healthcare [Re: Jryan]
    #14863296 - 08/02/11 06:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jryan said:
Why shouldn't we help the person who can't afford health insurance? 

1.  Insurance isn't care
2.  Who cannot afford care?  We already assist the indigent
3.  Why should I have to buy insurance for crap I don't think I need when all I want is disaster insurance?
4.  Why should men pay the same as women?

--------------------

OfflineJryan
The Thinker
Male

#14863354 - 08/02/11 06:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jryan said:

1.  Insurance isn't care
3.  Why should I have to buy insurance for crap I don't think I need when all I want is disaster insurance?

1. Insurance isn't care... Correct
2. Who cannot afford care?  How about kids living with their parents who are working a full time job and are going to school full time.  They have to pay for medical insurance (Under the past laws), unless they go directly from School to college.
3. I don't even know how to approach that, seeing as how we are talking about medical insurance.
4. The point is, everyone should pay the same amount.  Why should I trust a company that is in it to make mega bucks?  No thanks.  I don't trust anyone who's main agenda is money.

--------------------

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

#14863394 - 08/02/11 06:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Anyone who is sick in America and not wealthy. This is a lot of people. This is why the issue won't go away. It is a cost issue. Plain and simple. Many many Americans need something they can't afford. And I do mean "need," not in the sense of "my son needs an x-box" but need in the sense of "my son needs to see a doctor because he has an auto-immune disease."

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

OfflineJryan
The Thinker
Male

#14863407 - 08/02/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Anyone who is sick in America and not wealthy. This is a lot of people. This is why the issue won't go away. It is a cost issue. Plain and simple. Many many Americans need something they can't afford. And I do mean "need," not in the sense of "my son needs an x-box" but need in the sense of "my son needs to see a doctor because he has an auto-immune disease."

:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: The Infamous Obama Healthcare [Re: Jryan] * 1
    #14863412 - 08/02/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jryan said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jryan said:

1.  Insurance isn't care

2. Who cannot afford care?  How about kids living with their parents who are working a full time job and are going to school full time.  They have to pay for medical insurance (Under the past laws), unless they go directly from School to college.

Boo fucking hoo.
Quote:

3. I don't even know how to approach that, seeing as how we are talking about medical insurance.

See point 1
Quote:

4. The point is, everyone should pay the same amount.  Why should I trust a company that is in it to make mega bucks?  No thanks.  I don't trust anyone who's main agenda is money.

Why should everybody pay the same amount when half of the population has almost double the health care costs?  Why should I have to pay for a policy that includes mental health coverage and rehab coverage?  All I want is disaster coverage.  I am not allowed to buuy it.  If you don't trust the company, too fucking bad.  I don't trust anyone who's main agenda is to get me to buy him shit.  If you don't trust the company DON'T BUY THEIR FUCKING PRODUCT!  Pay out of pocket.  If you are a young man you are getting cornholed.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14863423 - 08/02/11 06:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Lie.  The indigent have been covered for decades.  Whiny bitches not until now.  Do you know what we are going to get now?  My son needs to see a doctor because he has the sniffles.

--------------------

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

#14863452 - 08/02/11 06:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Lie.  The indigent have been covered for decades.  Whiny bitches not until now.

I didn't say "the indigent" I said "anyone who is sick and is not wealthy." They have not been able to afford care (without insurance) for decades and Obamacare has left them in the exact same predicament.

Quote:

Do you know what we are going to get now?  My son needs to see a doctor because he has the sniffles.

I am no champion of Obamacare. As I said before, this is a cost issue, plain and simple. Make care, necessary prescriptions, and preventative medicine affordable. That's all that matters.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

OfflineJryan
The Thinker
Male

#14863458 - 08/02/11 06:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jryan said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Jryan said:

1.  Insurance isn't care

Boo fucking hoo.
Quote:

Really, you think that someone who is trying to start a career and gets sick, sorry sucks to be fucking you?  Hope that guy drowns in debt?  That's pretty selfish.

See point 1
Quote:

Why should everybody pay the same amount when half of the population has almost double the health care costs?  Why should I have to pay for a policy that includes mental health coverage and rehab coverage?  All I want is disaster coverage.  I am not allowed to buuy it.  If you don't trust the company, too fucking bad.  I don't trust anyone who's main agenda is to get me to buy him shit.  If you don't trust the company DON'T BUY THEIR FUCKING PRODUCT!  Pay out of pocket.  If you are a young man you are getting cornholed.

How are mental health problems the responsibility of the person who has them?  Why should this person have to pay more than the average citizen?  Why, because he was born into the world with unfair circumstances?
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Lie.  The indigent have been covered for decades.  Whiny bitches not until now.  Do you know what we are going to get now?  My son needs to see a doctor because he has the sniffles.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14863515 - 08/02/11 06:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Lie.  The indigent have been covered for decades.  Whiny bitches not until now.

I didn't say "the indigent" I said "anyone who is sick and is not wealthy." They have not been able to afford care (without insurance) for decades and Obamacare has left them in the exact same predicament.

Bullshit.  They actually can make payment arrangements or buy their own insurance to cover disasters or have health care accounts that they fund themselves.
Quote:

Quote:

Do you know what we are going to get now?  My son needs to see a doctor because he has the sniffles.

I am no champion of Obamacare. As I said before, this is a cost issue, plain and simple. Make care, necessary prescriptions, and preventative medicine affordable. That's all that matters.

Preventive medicine?  Fuck that.  It's a joke.  That's behavioral.  You either act intelligently or you don't.  It has almost nothing to do with medical care.  I didn't go to a doctor for over 20 years.  I didn't need to.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag