Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

Filter bags and discs?
    #14860604 - 08/02/11 11:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

So I am about to place a order with Unicorn for 1000 bags.  I would like to continue using jars for spawn production bc I have lots of them, they are reusable, and it is working for me.  That being said I want to order filter discs in bulk.  Anyone know of the manufacturer of the discs?  The bags are about half price direct so what about the discs? I know where to get them from vendors but I want to order direct like I will for my bags if possible.

Thanks
Trout

--------------------
I need tropical cultures, ABM, V.v....!!!!

Well things don't always look as they are and things can be misread and mistaken for what they realy are so don't read too much into what I say since I might be mistaken myself. And remember I rarely ever give a definate answer.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGourmetShiitake
Stranger

Re: Filter bags and discs? [Re: trout]
    #14861350 - 08/02/11 02:12 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Good question...Would like to know that too..

InvisibleNot Quite Social
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Filter bags and discs? [Re: GourmetShiitake]
    #14862458 - 08/02/11 05:15 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I've been using 4" squares of Tyvek, one per quart jar, for the last two months without even one contaminant.  I don't reuse them but it's what, 27 squares per foot on a 3 x 165 ft roll for about $60... 4455 squares @ less than 2 cents each.  I guess that's my 2 cents (groan).

--------------------

The People's History

Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

Re: Filter bags and discs? [Re: Not Quite Social]
    #14862607 - 08/02/11 05:47 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I know tyvek is fine but I would like to streamline things and it is just cumbersome to me.  Maybe I will make a circle die to press out my own round tyvek discs.  I would prefer them to be reusable but some do reuse tyvek I guess.

--------------------
I need tropical cultures, ABM, V.v....!!!!

Well things don't always look as they are and things can be misread and mistaken for what they realy are so don't read too much into what I say since I might be mistaken myself. And remember I rarely ever give a definate answer.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #14862714 - 08/02/11 06:17 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Search online for 90mm ptfe disks for wide mouth or 70mm for regular mouth jars.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblerider
Stranger

#14865369 - 08/03/11 03:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trout said:
So I am about to place a order with Unicorn for 1000 bags.  I would like to continue using jars for spawn production bc I have lots of them, they are reusable, and it is working for me.  That being said I want to order filter discs in bulk.  Anyone know of the manufacturer of the discs?  The bags are about half price direct so what about the discs? I know where to get them from vendors but I want to order direct like I will for my bags if possible.

Thanks
Trout

I do not use filters absolutely!!!!!!!!!! They I do not provide necessary air circulation. Waste of time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms