Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Hygrometer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineerm
Stranger
WTF happened to my humidity?
    #14858912 - 08/02/11 12:17 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I have my shrooms in a bowl with a zip lock bag over it, attached with a rubber band (ghetto I know).  At first, the humidity seemed to be to high because a lot of the caps turned almost completely black like they were rotten I guess.  The walls were also pretty much covered in water drops.  So, to lower it, I cut holes in the bag.  Then I soon realized that the holes were too big and too many, so I covered most of them with electrical tape. Still too low, I covered the rest of them.  Now, the humidity won't rise back up.  No water is staying on the walls, and I even misted the walls and within 2 hours it pretty much all evaporated.  One of my cakes is starting to bruise blue, and mycelium is starting to grow on the base of the stems on some of the mushrooms.  I figure theres not much to do about it other than replace the bag (which I just happened to run out of and can't get more till tomorow), but I just wondered why you think this happened?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinelasrevinU
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: WTF happened to my humidity? [Re: erm]
    #14859234 - 08/02/11 01:43 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

What strain is it?

Sounds like they just need more fresh air (fanning). Humidity should remain at 95% or higher for Cubensis.

Why don't you use a plastic box with holes? Also, you can pick up a thermometer/hygrometer from ebay for $5.

InvisibleeLShaMukO
from couch potato to sex tornado
Male User Gallery

Loc: far away
Re: WTF happened to my humidity? [Re: erm]
    #14859421 - 08/02/11 02:23 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

your current fruiting chamber is a terrible option for growing mushrooms, even a soda bottle is a better option than that , sorry :picard:

pins do not rot that fast ,black head pins are called aborts

Quote:

mycelium is starting to grow on the base of the stems on some of the mushrooms

high CO2

--------------------

Offlineerm
Stranger
Re: WTF happened to my humidity? [Re: eLShaMukO]
    #14864792 - 08/03/11 12:54 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lasrevinU said:
You can pick up a thermometer/hygrometer from ebay for $5.

I thought I wasn't supposed to bother with those cheap ones, so I just didn't get any, hoping for the best since I'm on a very tight budget.

Quote:

eLShaMukO said:
your current fruiting chamber is a terrible option for growing mushrooms, even a soda bottle is a better option than that , sorry :picard:

pins do not rot that fast ,black head pins are called aborts

Quote:

mycelium is starting to grow on the base of the stems on some of the mushrooms

high CO2

Again, tight budget.  Didn't have any empty two liter soda bottles and I thought the my setup would have the same effect  :facepalm3:

I know the black head pins are aborts, but these few in particular were over an inch or two long.  Also, I posted another thread with pictures and received advise to take the caps off due to them being rotten (even though they were there for less than a week, but better safe then sorry I guess).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Hygrometer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation