Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Loc: Suburbia
This is where I get my needles
    #1485851 - 04/23/03 01:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Some of you may come across a small bump in the road, in the form of finding a decent syringe. This task is especially hard for me, as Im a young adult and I look shady, no matter how I dress or talk, people get nervous when they ask me what I plan on using them for...etc.....

If you dont want to order via the internet, and are having alittle trouble obtaining a syringe with a needle, listen up.

First of all, your gonna need a couple bills. I recommend going down to the animal vet and asking if they have any 10cc or 12cc syringes they could sell you. Whenever they asked what the application was, I just told them "A shiitake' mushroom culture" some gave me a weird look, but no one refused to hand over the syringes. One animal vet gave me four 12cc syringes for free. However, she just gave me the plastic containers without the needles.

This problem was fixed by going to Albertson's (local grocery store) and purchasing a flavor Injector. The flavor injector I purchased was made by the "Good Cook" company. The flavor injector has an attachable needle which is compatible with the small 12cc syringes the vet gave me. I just took the needle from the flavor injector package and attached it to my 12cc syringes.

Package

The flavor injector is on the far left, the needle w/ cover is next to it and the 12cc is on the right.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23380 - Syringe making/Sterlization Teks

dmc,

--------------------
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23682 - Level 4

Edited by dmc_illz (04/23/03 01:17 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineapuffball
The omniscientfool

Loc: wherever i go
Re: This is where I get my needles [Re: dmc_illz]
    #1486234 - 04/23/03 03:21 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Good plan, but would the flavor injector melt in a PC? It looks plastic, or is it the same material as the syringe?

--------------------
Are things meant to happen, or are we meant to make things happen?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: This is where I get my needles [Re: apuffball]
    #1486961 - 04/23/03 07:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've never PC'd a syringe. Just suck hot boiling water into the syringe, and squirt it out several times.

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: This is where I get my needles [Re: dmc_illz]
    #1486985 - 04/23/03 07:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

would the flavor injector work alone for a spore syringe?? .. it just looks like a large syringe from the picture.. hard to tell..

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineAKcultivator
shit i dont know
Re: This is where I get my needles [Re: motaman]
    #1487090 - 04/23/03 07:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

HAHAHA good observation motaman. too funny. and its realy funny how dmc goes into the vets asking, but hey ya gota do what u gota do. i think in certian states you CAN go to a pharmecey and pick some syringes up for home medical purposes. i know its leagal here in AK

--------------------
"hmmmmmmmm still thinking"

Anonymous

Re: This is where I get my needles [Re: motaman]
    #1487096 - 04/23/03 07:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Most injectors are used for injecting turkey (esp. fried turkey, yumm) and yes they are quite larger as they are meant to inject a type of marinade which usually requires more than 12cc of solution. The guage of the needle is also larger, and usually somewhat dull, or so my dawg says. Your jars may require larger holes.

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Loc: Suburbia
Re: This is where I get my needles [Re: apuffball]
    #1487249 - 04/23/03 09:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Good plan, but would the flavor injector melt in a PC? It looks plastic, or is it the same material as the syringe?

It is the same material as the syringe, and I wouldnt reccommend putting it in PC.

Read some of the TEKs on that link I posted, they all include a way to sterilize your needle before pulling the spores inside.

Quote:

would the flavor injector work alone for a spore syringe?? .. it just looks like a large syringe from the picture.. hard to tell..

Yes, it would work great for a HUGE!!! syringe. Besides its size, it has no scale on the side for measurement, which is why I use the 12cc syringes from the vet and just use the needle from the package.

Quote:

too funny. and its realy funny how dmc goes into the vets asking, but hey ya gota do what u gota do

lol, damn skippy. I really dont care what people think anymore,

***the more bold you are at what you do, the less likely you are to be questioned.***

Quote:

Most injectors are used for injecting turkey (esp. fried turkey, yumm) and yes they are quite larger as they are meant to inject a type of marinade which usually requires more than 12cc of solution. The guage of the needle is also larger, and usually somewhat dull, or so my dawg says. Your jars may require larger holes.

All of that is true. The ends of the needles are alittle more blunt than the syringes youll get from the more popular vendors, but its almost unnoticable to the human eye. Innoculated several dozen jars using the needle from the flavor injector product while implimenting Captian's Oven TEK, and have had no contams....ever.

If you have no clue of the "Oven TEK", please do yourself a favor and go read about it in the FAQ's on the site.

dmc,

--------------------
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23682 - Level 4

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation