Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
mutants
    #1485848 - 04/23/03 01:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hey everybody. my friend has two casings of treasure coast, both made from the same syringe. they were both allowed to sit A bit longer than they should have and developed overlay. at the time he had three trays and he tried to cold shock one to see if it would induce pinning.

he placed the tray in the refrigerator over night. nothing hAppened After a day or so, so he decided to deep scratch and then put a little 50/50 mix over it. he did this to two of the trays, but one of them he only patched up, he didnt deep scratch. one got contamed and the other that was deep-scratched wound up pinning and producing a nice harvest. however, the final tray (the one NOT deepscratched) is filled with ugly, distorted mushrooms. there are A few mutants, and most of them Are fat and strange looking. two of the mushrooms have gills growing on the side of their caps. its so strange. there is also much less fruits in this casing than in the other.

does anyone have idea why this may be? could it be some sort of bacterial contamination from the refrigerator? could it be from my friend not deep-scratching this tray to help with the overlay? will these mushrooms have less potency than normal ones? he has never experienced a tray full of mutants and finds it quite odd.

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: mutants [Re: E Tard]
    #1485858 - 04/23/03 01:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

could it be some sort of bacterial contamination

Maybe.

Quote:

could it be from my friend not deep-scratching this tray to help with the overlay?

Unlikely.

Quote:

will these mushrooms have less potency than normal ones?

No, but they could be hazardous if contaminated.

Pictures?

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: mutants [Re: dog]
    #1486393 - 04/23/03 04:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the reply. right now i cant provide pictures, but hopefully in A dAy or so my friend will be able to obtain some. it's really bizarre the way things look in that tray. i mean two mushrooms have a fully developed set of gills on the side of their caps. most of them are big and ugly looking, and the pin set is unbelievably uneven.

should my friend remove it from the terrarium? in the case that it is a contam, it;'d be nice to prevent it from spreading

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: mutants [Re: E Tard]
    #1486398 - 04/23/03 04:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Isolation is always a good move in a suspected case of contamination.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation