Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

vitamin c..
    #618481 - 04/25/02 02:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ok.. My buddy who used to do acid and shrooms twice a week (if not more, crazy bastard..) always said vitamin c makes you trip harder.. I've heard people say it does the opposite.. What DOES it actually do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: vitamin c.. [Re: ]
    #618816 - 04/25/02 09:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not sure about that theory. I've heard a lot about it. Some people say Vitamin C lessens the trip, others say it makes it stronger. Personally, it didn't really do shit to me. It could have something to do with if you believe something will happen when you take Vitamin C. The placebo effect I think it's called.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: vitamin c.. [Re: Sheepish]
    #618824 - 04/25/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, half the people will say it makes you trip harder, and the other half says it will make you trip less. This is, of course, that half the people get told one story, and the other half get told the other. Pacebo!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: vitamin c.. [Re: ]
    #618832 - 04/25/02 09:33 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

yea... you coulda easily searched on this topic. no harm done though. it's been asked a hundred times and received mixed conclusions. personally, i felt absolutely nothing different than any other excellent trip i've had (as all of mine have been, cept when i dosed two days after a previous dose).

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

Re: vitamin c.. [Re: geokills]
    #618937 - 04/25/02 11:33 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Its just on of those Urban Legends
But if you really really believe that it will make you trip harder then by all means give it a shot
But also if you really believe and clap your hands tinkerbell will come back to life too!

peace

--------------------
--------------------------

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: vitamin c.. [Re: WildCardsRevenge]
    #1485547 - 04/23/03 09:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I know this is an old topic but I would just like to make a comment. When you are tripping and drink something acidic like orange juice it feels as if it is being absorbed into your mucus membranes very very fast (possibly because of the drug) and is crazy tasty when on LSD that is probably why people came up with the "urban legend" that vit. c will heighten your trip. It just feels really good to drink it.

I grew up thinking that it would be benificial to take vitamin c before and during an LSD trip to make it longer because LSD eats the vitamin c in your body which is the furthest thing from the truth. I was also told to drink milk when I wanted to come down faster because milk is a base and LSD is an acid.

Perhaps the chemicals thrive on vitamin c. who knows? even erowid.com has no clue if you take a look over there.

--------------------
Holler!

Edited by fleshofgods (04/23/03 09:14 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: vitamin c.. [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1506838 - 04/30/03 05:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Not quite..

LSD is Lysergic acid DIETHYLAMIDE. It's a base like most other alkaloids. If one ingests a few grams of vitamin c one acidifies the urine, which aids in the removal of bases from the system.

Should one take a few grams sodium bicarbonate (a base) one alkalizes the urine and this causes the (freebase) alkaloids to be re-absorbed before reaching the bladder.

This is all good and well for things like (meth) amphetamine and muscimol, but it does not apply for LSD. LSD is nearly completely metabolized before reaching the urinary tract and has left the brain almost completely before the trip commences as it is a CATALYST and not a MOLECULAR AGONIST of the psychedelic effect. When you remove metamphetamine or heroin from their receptors, you're sober right away, while removing LSD will not alter the trip at all: it simply flicks the switch and walks away.

Psilocybin and Psilocin are extensively metabolized to their urinary metabolite 4-hydroxy-indoleacetic acid. Seems to me that given their LSD-like activity and metabolism this wouldn't work too. If you want to decrease a trip pop a few 100mg of Vit.B3 AMIDE (NiacinAMIDE, not the acid) or better yet take a Valium/xanax/roofie etc. That mellows things out quite well :smirk: If you want to intensify it there's only one answer: your dose was a little too small, don't fuck with MAOIs cause they can bite you!

Acids like Citric (diet 7UP) or Ascorbic (vit.C) usually aid in the resorption of alkaloids from the GI tract, but so does powdering your shrooms... 

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: vitamin c.. [Re: Asante]
    #1506907 - 04/30/03 05:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i figure that vitamin C is a strong anti-oxidant & free-radical quencher...
& since zoomin' fiercely, boogie-in' on down, shakin' them bones, % related activities may increase the quantities of free fadicals floating around...
"vitamin C will make ya trip cleaner..."

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #1506914 - 04/30/03 06:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thats really interesting Wiccan.

I know nothing about how LSD works, but if it is catalyst, how come the experience stops? How does the brain know how to return to normal? Is that maybe what causes HPPD in some people?

Im sorry if these are silly questions,

With Metta,
Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: vitamin c.. [Re: jono]
    #1506976 - 04/30/03 07:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

That ain't silly, that's top science!

AFAIK it's still unknown, but most drugs work acutely, while Psychedelics seem to cause a sort of chain reaction, like tipping the first stone of a domino rally game. If you take alot more than a decent dose the trip lasts abit longer, but not nearly as much as it's intensity increases. With DMT you get a 15-45min domino rally, Shrooms generally push 4-6 hours, LSD twice that and the absolute recordbreaker as Psychedelic duration is 2C-G-5, a freakylooking mescaline/DOM  analog that lasts a whopping 32-48 hours. (I'd rather eat SHIT than take a Level 5 of that one :shocked:)

It was discovered by Alexander Shulgin: Please go to Erowid's online books section and DOWNLOAD his books PiHKAL and TiHKAL: They describe synthesis, dosage and effects of ALL PSYCHEDELICS!! The mentioned 2C-G-5 can be found in the former, while our beloved shroomie molecules can be found in TiHKAL under 4-HO-DMT.

In the interaction of brain and molecule, biology and psychology lies the duration of a certain compound. Should you discover in a trip that you, for instance, are raided by the DEA this might immediately abort the psychedelic effect or, more often, you either wind up eating the wallpaper in a horrortrip or jab a flute up your ass and start playing "Star Spangled Banner" for them. :smirk:

HPPD... Brains have got a quality called "Neuroplasticity". This basically means that connections between nerves are being made and broken all the time. Something can either get anchored in your brain or escape it, making way for something else.
You can aquire new skills or lose older ones.
My personal guess is that your brain can learn to function psychedelically (or unlearn functioning "normally") and get rewired to this neurologically. This can prove to last or cease after some time, as neuroplasticity goes both ways.

The brain doesn't return to normal: the brain MAKES normal. People g(r)oing insane simply move into a "normal" that leads to problems within themselves or with the world around them, and this explains why the truely maddened people seldom think thy're looneytunes, as there wasn't a sudden discontinuity in their sense of "normalcy". (This is what's happened to me so I'm told)

Since I'm on a roll here, lemme adress "Drug tolerance".
People tend to think: if you chronically use things like Heroin, Xanax and the like, the stuff stops working. -BUZZZ!  WRONG ANSWER!!-
If that were true there would not be junkies and such. If most people use Mushrooms or LSD daily they indeed stop working. And what do you do? You stop using, as simple as that.

Not so with Heroin etc. They KEEP ON WORKING.
Yeah right, you think.. Hard Drugs alter the activity of some neurotransmitter systems in the brain. Now this extra boost gives the "oomph" that inspires the guys in the "Other Drugs Forum" to eat Shroomery megabytes  :grin:
But when you keep on using this boost, your body starts DEPENDING on it and puts out less & less of it's own substances that cause this effect.

There are two reasons for this: The first is that your body is downright lazy and energy-conserving (an athlete struck by a flu for two weeks can no longer run his marathon the next week since it's all about "use it or lose it", as lots of  excommunicated celibate priests have discovered to their dismay) and the second reason is that your body is geared to bring you to your own particular "normalcy", the sometimes dull and drug-inspiring state called homeostasis by biology dudes that want to exclude layman opinions.

So your high doesn't disappear: the smack is every bit as active as before, only you've pushed it UNDER YOUR NORMALCY EQUILIBRIUM. Should you stop taking your vitamin H you drop below this and get the exact opposite of the drug-effect you wanted to experience. THIS is withdrawal, and you'll only get out of this limbo if you wait for homeostasis to kick in again or you jump over the jail fence, scream: "Give me Librium or give me Meth" and jab a needle up your arm again.
So hard drugs do not stop working like Psychedelics do. If this were the case, they would not be "physically addictive".

I love reading up on all sorts of stuff, this in fact is the reason I got hooked up to the Net in the first place! Some years ago I was still merrily snorting Smirnoff, shooting up Marijuana and smoking Mushrooms, but the loving Shroomery community set me straight as to what belongs where :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1507705 - 04/30/03 01:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good stuff!

You're a great writer, man.

OfflineSirCopeAlot
PsychonaughtExtraordinaire
Loc: Nr London
Re: vitamin c.. [Re: Viveka]
    #1516970 - 05/03/03 03:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I use orange juice to come down from bad trips and it definately works

--------------------
All Hail the Planet of the Eternal Monkey

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: vitamin c.. [Re: SirCopeAlot]
    #1518050 - 05/03/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

definitely works *for you*. i don't see chemically any reason why orange juice would stop a trip. the acidity might actually help the mushrooms or the peyote get absorbed more fully in your stomach. with LSD or mescaline, I don't see what orange juice would do except act as a placebo.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: vitamin c.. [Re: TheEggman]
    #1518306 - 05/03/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well im dosin for my first time in a while tonite so what the hell ill chew up some vit c before the trip... i havent made any oppinion so itll be an unbiased one.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract