Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Entheogens and Allergies...
    #1483801 - 04/22/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Are there any ways you can test a specific herb/flower to see if you're allergic to it before you take a large and potentially harmful dose?

Love & Light,

Boppity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
Re: Entheogens and Allergies... [Re: Boppity604]
    #1483907 - 04/22/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Boppity!!!!
You're back!!!! Just to tell you, from my lurking days last year, I really enjoyed your Maz growlog......

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Entheogens and Allergies... [Re: Mike Elium]
    #1483966 - 04/22/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Mike!

yes, I'm back.  My journies have taken a new direction...mainly due to being "over" the weed/shroom/lsd experiences and I've been having much better success with sober meditations but after reading several websites on entheogenic herbs and flowers...I'm going to try exploring those avenues to aid my meditational practices as well as just for the sake of new experiences that are legal.  :smile:

Glad you liked the Mazatapec grow log...you should have SEEN my PES Hawaiian grow I did after I relocated back in September...two flushes equalled 580 grams (dry).  (using Anno's PF Tek method and birthed into the HydraPod)  They were the hugest creatures I ever grew and MAN were they potent!!  3 grams of those Hawaiians were equally as powerful as the night I took 9.5grams of those Mazatapecs.  :smile:  Definitely a great strain of cubensis!!!  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity 

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

#1483999 - 04/22/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This will no doubt sound completely ridiculous and like witchcraft or something, or maybe like a "quack" doctor.....
But I know someone who is into holistic and herbal healing.....he happens to also be a chiropractor.

He has the person shake his hand in a normal handshake, but asks them to press down hard as possible onto his hand with their thumb. He then asks the peson to place a very small amount of the substance in question on the tip of their tongue. Still holding their hand, and after a few seconds, he again asks the person to press down as hard as they can with their thumb, onto the edge of his hand, as they continue the "handshake".

Believe it or not, if the person is allergic to the substance, the max pressure they can now apply with their thumb is NOTICEABLY reduced.

I have seen this work more than once in successfully identifying if a person is allergic to a vegetable, plant, organic substance, etc.

--------------------

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

#1484040 - 04/22/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Of course, if the substance is a legal entheogen as you mention, I suppose an Allergist could do one of those procedures where they make a solution, prick your arm with it, and see if you show a reaction such as a rash. But maybe this risks some confidentiality, and of course would cost $$$.

But it appears that the thumb thing does work.....you would have to find somebody that you feel has a reliable sense of touch. to judge the change in the pressure you apply....I THINK it is supposed to work with most plant materials.

I too have gone various routes, including transcendental meditation years ago , karate, "running for endorphins", and of course entheogens to taste. I don't find any of these to be mutually exclusive, just different.....

--------------------

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

#1484049 - 04/22/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Re the PES vs Maz....did you find it a preferable experience in some way, or simply just more potent?

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1484334 - 04/22/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

>>Re the PES vs Maz....did you find it a preferable experience in some way, or simply just more potent?

The hawaiians, by dry weight, were simply WAY more potent.  I was dosing 4-5grams of the Mazzie's to get to a really good trip-space with them...whereas with the Hawaiians I only took 1-1.5 grams to achieve the same level of intensity in experience.  I prefered the Mazatapec's overall trip though; more spiritual, better visuals (open and closed eye),nice "moments of eternity" and the body buzz of the mazzies was far better.  The Hawaiians were complete mind-scramble with a very nice body buzz, but it was not as intense as the mazzie's.  I also grew/tripped EQ's, which were my first casings and grew some mutants but they were very potent and fun trips all the same. 

When I decided to "close shop" with my grows I had two trays of Thai Koh Samuis growing a few days into their first flush...but due to the circumstances at the time (roomate differences) I ended up throwing all the trays I had going into a river and sold my Pod the following weekend to a friend.  I also had jars of pan. cyans. in the incubator that I ended up tossing...a shame...my first non-cube grow and it was starting off on a good note.  :frown:

Love & Light,

Boppity 

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

#1485305 - 04/23/03 05:06 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Your comparison of the strains is very interesting. Sad about the loss of the pans, etc.

Let me know if you try the "thumb test" for allergens, and if it appears to work with the types of flowers you are interested in.

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1485351 - 04/23/03 06:45 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

He has the person shake his hand in a normal handshake, but asks them to press down hard as possible onto his hand with their thumb. He then asks the peson to place a very small amount of the substance in question on the tip of their tongue. Still holding their hand, and after a few seconds, he again asks the person to press down as hard as they can with their thumb, onto the edge of his hand, as they continue the "handshake".

Believe it or not, if the person is allergic to the substance, the max pressure they can now apply with their thumb is NOTICEABLY reduced.

You have got to be joking

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1485744 - 04/23/03 10:35 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Boppity, there is a simple way to test to see if you are allergic to a specific herb or flower. Take whatever plant you intend on taking (it has to be fairly fresh or living) mash it up good untill you have a sticky moist paste. Now take a needle and sterlize it under a flame. After the needle cools off, dip it into the paste you made. Take the needle with the paste on it and prick the underside of your forearm 5 to 10 times in a small area. Don't prick too deep to the point in which you're drawing out blood, just pierce into the first layer or two of the epidermis. If you're allergic to whatever plant you pricked yourself with, the area on your arm will become irritated, turning red and slight swelling up. If no irritation occurs from the needle pricks then you show no allergy to the plant.

This basically how some doctors preform allergy tests on theri patients. It's safe, simple and effective.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Edited by djd586 (04/23/03 12:05 PM)

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Re: Entheogens and Allergies... [Re: zeta]
    #1486591 - 04/23/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Zeta

Don't forget.....when I posted it, I WARNED that it was unbelievable.

I laughed my ass off. scoffed, ridiculed and made fun of it when I was first told about it.

But even so.....it works.

Apparently mucous membrane contact with a substance to which you are allergic affects strength.

--------------------

Edited by Mike Elium (04/23/03 03:03 PM)

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Re: Entheogens and Allergies... [Re: djd586]
    #1486616 - 04/23/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

DJD586,
I guess you are recommending a home-spun version of the standard allergy test to which I referred above, as done by an Allergist who is an MD.....The only thing is, how do you know exactly what to look for..... That is, does one use a "minimalist" approach, concluding that ANY visible reaction at all is clear evidence of a true allergy to the substance? And is ANY concentration of the substance in question acceptable to perform the test....just simply a mash-up of the original plant? Have you actually tested this home-version on yourself or someone you know with conclusive success, or is this somewhat hypothetical ? I do realize how Allergists do this, but .....and maybe I gave them too much credit.... I thought their test procedure was more controlled with respect to concentrations, etc.

--------------------

Edited by Mike Elium (04/23/03 03:24 PM)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1487918 - 04/23/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Mike, this might not sound like the best test in the world to preform on yourself, but it does work. I do have moderate medical and human anatomy knowlege and actually am very fluid in human immune respone. I just recently obtained my M.S. degree in biology, so it's not like I'm some goof-off just spitting out ideas that I have no clue about.

Anyhow, this test is crude, and it is smart to have it preformed by a professional... but all I said in my previous post was true. I've actually have tested histimine response on ferrets. And yes, I know we're not ferrets... but they do have similar histimine reactions as well are suceptable to many of the same rhino and flu viruses that we are.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Re: Entheogens and Allergies... [Re: djd586]
    #1488478 - 04/24/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

DJD586, sorry.....I did not mean to imply that you were tossing out ideas without any knowledge.......sometimes emails and posts can give the wrong impression like that, no matter how carefully or with good intentions one words them. I was genuinely trying to find out if you had already performed this home-version test "in-vivo".

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale