Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Haunted places..
    #1485110 - 04/23/03 03:44 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The other night I was tripping on mushrooms in this 100 year old church that serves as a kind of community center for the area I live in. It hasn't even been functioning regularly as an actual church for a long long time.. the better part of a century I believe. When it was built this area was an orchard farming community on the side of a mountain accesible only by water. Nowadays a highway drives by just down the hill and through the trees by the church. Anyway, it's got a real unique feel to it. It resonates with age and "culture" so much that I'd feel uncomfortable being alone in it. When I was on mushrooms I noticed that the feeling I was getting off it was a haunting. If I slept in there I think the effect of the church would give me odd dreams, and I'd likely sleep lightly out of paranoia. It's just too potent and foreign a place. Or maybe I'd sleep fine, I don't know.

I think this is what it is to be haunted.. a place can have a very strong feel about it. People leave vibes on places they've been in. I wonder about these vibes. How do we interpret them? Maybe through the sum of our senses.. an unconscious interpretation. This would be a "personality extrapolation mechanism" in our minds. We can sense the personalities of the people who used the space through the qualities of the space. But are these the actual personalities of the people, or what we imagine they must have been like? Or maybe this is just a stoned ramble?

So what do you guys think? Everybody's got a ghost story. What do you think's going on, if anything at all? Do any of you who have experienced a haunting think that the space has to have a "haunted" feel to it? Or do the ghosts just walk in out of nowhere? Do you deny that ghost things happen? Or maybe you have a "perfectly rational explanation." I haven't thought of this stuff since I was a little kid going on "ghost hunts" with my friends so I wanna hear what people think about it all.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Haunted places.. [Re: Dogomush]
    #1485133 - 04/23/03 04:01 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hmmmmm....

ghosts.

i dont know...but sometimes, when i wake up from a nightmare, i will retain the paranoia from my nightmare to such a degree, that I can feel the demons lurking in the shadows of my room. the feeling i get is...that behind all of this reality is pure evil, and when I wake up from a nightmare, I am consiously in touch with this evil and I can sense its malicious intent. and i'm a full grown man! its fucked.

anyways...back to ghosts. I havent really had many experiences with ghosts, but I understand the "vibes" thing, i totally agree. once and awhile, I will enter a place, and I will get such an intense feeling of horror from that place, that my vision will all of sudden become blurry and scrambled. its a very bizzare feeling, and lasts for only a moment. maybe, this stuff is the result of some sort of spiritual pollution of sorts.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Haunted places.. [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1485148 - 04/23/03 04:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ok you get to interpret my dream in this thread..

I cross a dam in the river and walk along a road in the woods (night time). A big crowd of people run past with flashlights looking for "the kids." Apparently somebody stole the children. I continue to a big party. The party is arranged on an estate that is really long. I go through the party like I'm in a 2d side-scrolling nintendo game, from the front to the back. I meet the matriarch of the house, and I continue back guided by the young daughter of the family who owns the estate. We get separated a few times, but eventually we get to the very back. The older brother and his lackeys are there. I am looking for a bag of my "things." These people are vampires, and the brother is the leader of them. I know there's some kind of sexual connection among the vampire master and slaves. They tell me my things are through a hole in the floor. The water underneath is green, they say they'll guide me through the water to my stuff. Ther room full of water is a huge cube, but I don't trust them so I don't go in. I don't remember if I get my stuff or not.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1485163 - 04/23/03 04:17 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I would say that dream is related to your loss of innocence/childhood, and introduction into sexuality in a capitalist society. your "stuff" symbolizes your passions and your desires, you want to achieve them, but you are in a world of vampires who are telling you what to do, and you dont trust them, so now you are confused with what to do...because on the one hand, you have these desires, but you are questioning the path that the vampires (read: society) has constructed for you.

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1485164 - 04/23/03 04:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

and of course, vampires are very homo-erotic, so basically, this dream is about your own confusion about your sexual orientation

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1485167 - 04/23/03 04:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'd never be able to sleep comfortably in a church :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1485173 - 04/23/03 04:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Everybody should confront their vampire within

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1487804 - 04/24/03 12:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Bump! So who's got some ghost stories? I'll start.

I lived in a place for 3 months.. strange noises came from the kitchen. Thumping, whacking, and creaking. Nothing ever happened during the day, only at night, and you could never hear anything when you walked into the kitchen. I'd go with the floor settling theories, except sometimes it would sound like the banging of cutlery and plates. Heating system? People downstairs? If this were the case then wouldn't the noises continue if you walked in there? Nothing crazy ever happened ie a white-clad woman from 100 years ago flying into my bedroom saying "I am a ghoooooost I am a ghooooost." Just odd random noises we couldn't account for. This is the closest I've come to an encounter with a ghost.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology