Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Would like some feedback on TheSelf.net
    #14814544 - 07/23/11 05:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure where else to put this, move it if it's in the wrong spot! :smile:
-------------------------
As it's about psychedelics, and spirituality in general I want to try to keep it alive - but lately it's hard to find things to write about (mainly due to my own lack of involvement in any psychedelics for quite some time).

I think the site could do better - maybe the design, not sure. I'd like to bring more people to it as well - to write, maybe, or build a community on it. I'm just not really sure and don't want to give up on it.

So if you have any feedback, I'd really appreciate it. The website is http://theself.net/ - and one of the most popular articles is http://www.theself.net/spirituality/to-become-everything-ego-death-important/

How can I make this website better? I want to make it a place for a spiritual insight into psychedelics - rather than recreational.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Would like some feedback on TheSelf.net [Re: OutThisLife]
    #14814722 - 07/23/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It looks like a damn good site, neatly organized, enticing article titles, and loaded with content.  Yeah, I guess its hard to attract visitors who use drugs that are not too popular.  Out of those users, how many of them care to read psychedelic literature?  Out of those who care to read it, how many are spiritual trippers?  Out of the spiritual trippers, how many of them can find your site?  Apparently a few can because people post comments on the articles.

Anyway, awesome job and I hope you get some recognition because you deserve it.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

InvisibleComcouveflor
 User Gallery

Re: Would like some feedback on TheSelf.net [Re: joemolloy]
    #14815212 - 07/23/11 08:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How about inviting/"advertising" for amateur artists inspired by psychedelia not only to have their painting, for instance, exhibited on the site, but also with the accompanying written exposition of its meaning (to the artist) - this would allow for a trip report of sorts, more a philosophical proposition. These works could also be set for sale. Getting folks who often write their understanding to have it posted on the site, not as if in a forum, and setting a platform of maturity/complexity from which discussion would start. For the latter, take as example this site: there's too much of the same and too few that's actually pushing the whole deal forward.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: Would like some feedback on TheSelf.net [Re: Comcouveflor]
    #14849279 - 07/30/11 03:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
It looks like a damn good site, neatly organized, enticing article titles, and loaded with content.  Yeah, I guess its hard to attract visitors who use drugs that are not too popular.  Out of those users, how many of them care to read psychedelic literature?  Out of those who care to read it, how many are spiritual trippers?  Out of the spiritual trippers, how many of them can find your site?  Apparently a few can because people post comments on the articles.

Anyway, awesome job and I hope you get some recognition because you deserve it.

Hey, thanks! I was starting to really want to leave the project but I feel motivation coming again.. People seem to really grab onto the material, even if they do not do psychedelics. I think people are naturally curious about themselves, their consciousness and how they can experience life in a different hue. After all, the day in and day out can get very stressful if one doesn't take a serious break and hallucinogens offer that in a fast, and generally safe manner.

I think I'm going to re-design and do some advertising... Just need to make sure I don't get banned from Google AdWords!

Quote:

Comcouveflor said:
How about inviting/"advertising" for amateur artists inspired by psychedelia not only to have their painting, for instance, exhibited on the site, but also with the accompanying written exposition of its meaning (to the artist) - this would allow for a trip report of sorts, more a philosophical proposition. These works could also be set for sale. Getting folks who often write their understanding to have it posted on the site, not as if in a forum, and setting a platform of maturity/complexity from which discussion would start. For the latter, take as example this site: there's too much of the same and too few that's actually pushing the whole deal forward.

That's a fantastic idea! I'm going to try to direct it to encourage others to contribute, rather than just a "few writers" and this is just an AMAZING idea. Thanks!

OfflineSeckTor
Turn, Tune, Drop
Male User Gallery

Loc: W. Pennsylvania Flag
Re: Would like some feedback on TheSelf.net [Re: OutThisLife]
    #14849317 - 07/30/11 03:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OutThisLife said:
Not sure where else to put this, move it if it's in the wrong spot! :smile:
-------------------------
As it's about psychedelics, and spirituality in general I want to try to keep it alive - but lately it's hard to find things to write about (mainly due to my own lack of involvement in any psychedelics for quite some time).

I think the site could do better - maybe the design, not sure. I'd like to bring more people to it as well - to write, maybe, or build a community on it. I'm just not really sure and don't want to give up on it.

So if you have any feedback, I'd really appreciate it. The website is http://theself.net/ - and one of the most popular articles is http://www.theself.net/spirituality/to-become-everything-ego-death-important/

How can I make this website better? I want to make it a place for a spiritual insight into psychedelics - rather than recreational.

Fantastic sir.
I'm gonna bookmark this for later.

--------------------
Stop Obscuring Your Inner Peace

I'm a walking hypocrisy get used to it.

Blunts are for sharing, bowls are for passing, bongs are for blasting.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder