Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: My Home Roams
Tripping By Myself
    #1484546 - 04/23/03 12:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So many people on the shroomery talk about tripping by themselves. I admit I have never actually eaten by myself or peaked my myself. But one time i got split up from the other people I was tripping with. I didn't quite have a bad trip but i hated it. It made me not want to try it again. That was the only time I have ever had a bad time while on mushrooms. I just got too confused. There was noeone to pull me out of my thoughts and just laugh. Even still when my trip buddy leaves the room i get bored and depressed because I start thinking too much about my life in a different depressing way. I am interested in deep thinking and meditation though. Does anyone else have this problem? or have any ideas on how to get over this?

Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Tripping By Myself [Re: superfine]
    #1484791 - 04/23/03 01:44 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

One of the great things about tripping alone is it alows you to confront yourself like never before. The experience may be painfull, depending on what you got going on with you consiousness, but it is a great way to come to terms with yourself, learn about yourself, and feel more comfertable about yourself afterwards, and even if it does get rough for a while, it will probably smooth itself out and be good for you in the long run. Personally, i prefer to trip alone, it's fun with others, but i don't get nearly as much out of it, and i usually just end up keeping to myself anyway.

Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Tripping By Myself [Re: thestringphish]
    #1484851 - 04/23/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

tripping solo is an excellent way to have a good experience I've found. Other people can be nasty seeming sometimes if they aren't a good friend.

Loc: over here
Re: Tripping By Myself [Re: superfine]
    #1485580 - 04/23/03 11:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I enjoy tripping alone. I know I wouldnt like to have a heavy trip in the presence of someone else.  I know what you mean about your trip buddy leaving the room though...

On LSD, everytime my friend went to the toilet i'd feel very alone and id start to feel down. I made him come into the kitchen to keep me company while I made some tea, even though he could see spiders in the kitchen that were trying to attack him. :crazy: 

get it all together get like birds of a feather

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology