Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Lets all become Christians!
    #14841855 - 07/29/11 02:33 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

So it seems there are some "bad vibes" thrown towards Christianity here at the shroomery :rolleyes:, but lucky for your sorry asses im here to win you back to the flock! Please join me as i touch the heart of the issue. Lets save some souls!

$$$$$$$
Hard work? Thats for squares! Why stress about money when god will take care of it for you! Thats right, becoming a Christian practically guarantees that you will never have to worry about financial means or stress again! Relax and let god take care of it!

Insanity :tinfoil:

Insanity getting the best of ya? Is the sheer randomness of simply being alive fucking with your head with no where else to turn? TURN TO CHRIST! Not only will our bible provide a solid word by word explanation of whats happening and why, but gives you a sense of security and purpose! DONT LET SCIENCE MAKE A MONKEY OUT OF YOU! Join the cause!

The people

hands down some of the most safe and secure people you will ever meet are Christians! Tired of wondering if that creepy guy at your pot dealers house is gonna stab ya?! FEAR NO MORE because youll be surrounded by a bunch of stable, button down shirt type crowd with a goal of self betterment! And lots of sexually repressed girls to go with it! :rockon:

Heaven

Never been? Neither have i but trust me its good! Dont let the lack of proof or experience put your off! Its gods way of saving the best surprise for last! There shall be epic things to do in heaven! You can go for a walk, without being mauled by a bear. You can drink some beer without your liver taking damage! You can meet a partner and not worry about her previous sexual history and diseases!  :rave:

Superiority

You know the feeling the vast majority of shroomerites get when talking down on Christianity?! Youll get to keep it! But just directed at a different crowd! You can look down on your friends, people in foreign countries, and the gays knowing that you are vastly superior in virtually every way! After all......your saved now my friends! :bowdown:

Sin your pants off

Now that your saved feel free to sin to your hearts content. You may still have to live with the consequences of your actions, and live a shitty life while perhaps dying a horrible death......but in the end you'll have the last laugh! :zombie:

So what are you waiting for! Christianity's not just for old white people with an agenda anymore! Grab your bible, kick back, and spread the word brothers

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Re: Lets all become Christians! [Re: Almond Flour]
    #14841861 - 07/29/11 02:36 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I hope Christianity disappears yesterday.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #14841862 - 07/29/11 02:36 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

:braindamage:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleSterben
Female User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Lets all become Christians! [Re: DeadHearts]
    #14841875 - 07/29/11 02:40 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:

--------------------
:alert: All posts by Sterben should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.
Anyone reading these posts should consider them all fictional.
:alert:

:awesketch: :awetongue: Trade List :tardpig: :datass:

Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Loc: Upstate NY
    #14841884 - 07/29/11 02:42 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:

Don't count on it, and if it does, it will just be replaced with some other mindless religion.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Lets all become Christians! [Re: audiophoenix]
    #14841896 - 07/29/11 02:44 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

audiophoenix said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:

Don't count on it, and if it does, it will just be replaced with some other mindless religion.

Dude. Christianity cant really disappear yesterday :smirk:

But it should.

Free sVs!
Female

#14841900 - 07/29/11 02:45 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If Christianity disappeared yesterday, we'd probably all be going to mosque four times a day.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#14841901 - 07/29/11 02:45 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Whats with all you people....wheres your team spirit :strokebeard2:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Free sVs!
Female

#14841910 - 07/29/11 02:47 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Are we not your kind of sheeple, Herbal? :strokebeard:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

#14841914 - 07/29/11 02:48 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

audiophoenix said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:

Dude. Christianity cant really disappear yesterday :smirk:

But it should.

:ifyoucanawe: I was under the impression that "I wish it was gone yesterday" was simply a figure of speech... You got me. lol

--------------------

Invisibleunam sanctum
Montani Semper Liberi
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14841915 - 07/29/11 02:48 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Let me start this off by saying I'm not Christian or any other major faith....

There isn't anything wrong with Christianity or any other Religion, just like there isn't anything wrong with psychedelics or being a dirty hippie.  It's when you force your views on someone else that it becomes an issue.  Just like any other group, it's the loudest, least intelligible peeps who get the camera time, but you never hear from the moderates who actually have their shit together.  I completely understand how much religions have "fucked up the world" but what about the unknown good they have motivated as well? That being said, I think all the "good" parts of any religion can be executed without believing in said religion, but for now religions are not fading away.  At some point you have to realize that you're the only person who you can control, and also that a universal balance is always in effect.

InvisibleSterben
Female User Gallery

#14841930 - 07/29/11 02:50 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If you take the time to read it this makes a good point!

"There is a difference between murder and killing at least to me anyways If you kill someone for no reason or out of anger, ect. then that is murder.
but if you kill someone in self defense, defending someone else, or someone like sadaam Hussein, then that to me is killing. on a side note, im kinda on the fence when it comes to the death penalty. is it murder, or killing?
it would seem more justified as killing to me if you caught him in the act or something like that and was killed right afterwards.  but if you get the DP then you sit on death row for a long time. people change but then again people pretend to change to get out of shit.
in my point of view no one can really help the way they are....its all socialization and the way you were born. I think a lot of people like that belong in a mental institution more than a prison. or maybe they can make a prison for mentally unstable people....kind of like a mental institution inside a prison.
also, what is the object of the death penalty besides saving a little money from keeping the person there? is it to make the person realize what they have done and feel shitty for it and then kill them in the end therefore defeating the whole purpose of making them feel shitty?
I can understand when they put people to death before by more inhumane ways because most killing are inhumane. I think if there was a death penalty then the person should be killed in the exact same manor as he killed someone. Think about it.....we all know were going to die, we dont know how and that leaves a kind of hope of some kind that we wouldn’t die a horrible death. With he death penalty they do lethal injection now. So its pretty much a painless death. still with me?
Ok, so if your on death row you really have less to worry about. You still know your going to die, but you know exactly when and exactly how. If you know that its lethal injection then you know its really now going to be that bad. Im sure that by when the time comes you would be pretty comfortable and prepared for death. You probably wouldnt look at it as in death because its not going to hurt, it would be more like a trip to the afterlife if there is one.
So is there really a point in killing the person.....your not really tormenting the person as you would be if you were going to kill them in a violent way because they would know it wasnt going to be a horrible death.  say....if you were going to burn someone at the stake then dont you think that would cause the person more mental stress?
I dont know...I wouldnt really agree with killing people in a inhumane way. But if your going to give them a lethal injection then it defeats the whole purpose of what most people think the object of the death penalty is. It just seems like a way to save money to me.

yes im still typing :smile:
so think about it another way. The object of laws is to keep the peace. The object of the punishment is to keep people from breaking those laws, because before you break the law you would think about the consequences and then decide if you want to take the risk.
so if the object of the death penalty wasnt to make the person suffer just because they did it to someone else which its obviously not as I explained Then the point of the punishment would be to keep people from doing something to get the death penalty.
ok so that makes since and I would agree with that with other laws. But if you think about it, when someone does something bad enough to be put on death row then wouldnt it make since that the whole if I get caught blah blah blah might happen thing probably doesnt go through there head.
if you didnt get that think of it like this. when someone kills someone then there not going to be thinking "hmmm I dont want to get the death penalty so im not going to do this" as someone would be before they do something like steal or something. unless its if they thought about it before hand, but even then I dont think the mere fact that we have a death penalty is not going to make them do it. I dont think by taking away the death penalty its going to make people say "ohh lets see if I get caught im not going to get the DP, I would only spend the rest of my life in jail so fuck it" So if this is true then having the death penalty does not lower the murder rate, as making the penalty higher for drugs or stealing would make those rates go down. got it?

so the people that are going to kill people are going to kill the weather or not f if we have the death penalty or not. So therefore the death penalty is really pointless. And in some cases probably doing them a favor. therefore in my eyes the death penalty has no point but to save money. I probably think this way because im very open minded when it comes to religion and such so im not religious....more agnostic I would say. whos to say what religion is right and what one wrong, no one really KNOWS

So why is the death penalty still around?  And why would people still think there achieving the same goal by lethal injection? Well, most of it probably comes from people not really thinking about it too much I doubt a lot of everyday US people have bothered to overanalyze this subject such as I have and the other reason would be religion. It seems as a majority of the people in the us is not really open minded about religion and pretty much just believe what they have been brought up around. And most religions have pretty much the same concept when it comes to the afterlife heaven hell ect.
So the reason we still have the death penalty is because most people either dont care or think about it too much or because correct me if im wrong a majority people in the US are christian, or have the same kind of idea about the afterlife. Therefore in there minds justifying the death penalty. most people would think that the person being put to death would go to hell when they die this brings up another argument.
if you try to put yourself in there mindset religiously speaking then they would die and be in hell for ever. I dont think most of them think about FOREVER too much and if they do it would prolly be something like "well if they killed someone then they deserve to go to hell"

whew sill going :smile: but think about that one too. hell would be forever. FOREVER! the human mind cannot even cannot think of forever......its just never ending. And hell is supposed to be the absolute worst and most horrifying thing ever and all that jazz.....for Forever! Now I dont know about you but although killing someone may be bad....nothing can justify being in hell for Forever. I wouldnt wish that upon anyone unless they were truly an evil soul whos purpose was to torment people, and just be evil.

So what if god saw it the same way? a lot of Christians say you would either go to heaven or hell.....so would they go to heaven? thats complete bliss for forever. well I dont think they deserve that either, that would be doing them a favor. So this in itself says to me that there is more than just heaven or hell after death.

Ok so say that just for sake of an argument the Christians are right. Christianity says that in the afterlife there is heaven and there is hell. Nothing else just either one. And Christianity also says that god is fair and just. theres already a problem. Christianity also says that if you are not a Christian then you are going to hell. And to be a Christian means the you accept Jesus into your heart and blah blah blah and dedicate your life to the lord basically.

So wtf, Christianity has just disproven itself. Another example, again assuming the Christians are right.. So judgment day comes and god is doing his thing. Its Mr. Christian's turn. God evaluates and sees that he is a Christian and has lived his life for the lord and all that jazz, so he goes to heaven. Then here come Mr. Agnostic or anything else for that matter. Who ever say this man has done the best he can and has done the things that he thought was right and treated people like he would want to be treated all his life and is not a bad person at all. According to Christianity he would go to hell regardless of what he was like just because he wasnt so sure about the whole religion thing. And then Mr. Evil Guy is evaluated and goes to hell because he evil and blah blah blah.
I dont know about you but that doesnt seem very fair and just. The poor agnostic guy has been banished to the worst place ever for eternity. He never did anything to deserve this. He lived a great life and yet he has to be in hell with people such as Hitler and Hussein?

To me this disproves many religions, such as the Baptist and many other close minded religions. I dont know if you would counts catholic as Christian I do because being raised southern I was always thought they were not. And that only the protestant religions were Christians.
I never believed that crap though cause protestant religions would not be here if not for the Catholic religion.  Anyway as I understand it im in no way a guru in religion Catholics believe in hell heaven and others such things. This would make more since to me and would make the religion more believable because that would mean god was actually fair a just and not to the extreme either way.

Im not sure what the Catholics believe as far as other religions and how god would judge those people. But for any religion to be the right one in my mind, it would have to be one that would judge you on your inner self and who your really are and what you did regardless of what religion you believe. I mean its not any ones fault what religion they are really. Most are that because they were raised that way and socialized in that environment making it harder for them to be open minded about it expect for the oddballs like me where I dont really believe much of anything I was brought up to believe I dont know if people are born to not be such a sheep as most people are or if its a combination of experiences.

Most people are raised in a certain religion and really truly believe it with all there heart while there young because they dont know any better and have nothing to compare it to. Some people stay that way because humans dont like change. Some change there minds when they see whats out there. I cant speak for those people but I know for me, even though I wasnt exposed to things other than what I was raised in when I was little, I was always critical about everything especially religion. I tend to overanalyze everything way more than other people so maybe that why. But I have always been not so sure about my religion. Ive always thought that your being way more honest with everyone and yourself by just saying "I dont know" when it comes to things like that. Because there really is no way to know you really cant and those who say they know are just hiding behind the truth....without even knowing it.

so in conclusion there really is no point is the death penalty because it doesnt effect the crime rate and no one really knows what happens when we die. So basically we are just killing people to save money weather we know it or not. Therefore the death penalty is murder.  omg I cant believe ive been typing this whole time! I guess I just got on a roll smile
since I doubt you will even read this whole thing  here is a quick summery
I explained difference between killing and murder in my mind. I explained the death penalty and the many views people have on it. I explained what objectives people think are being fulfilled by the death penalty. I explained why the only real objective the death penalty fulfills is saving money. I then backed that up by comparing in more detail what people think and why its still around because of religion in doing this I found and explained many loopholes in certain religions, therefore disproving them. to myself anyway

And by combining these things I have come to the conclusion that the death penalty is murder and the only thing we are certain it accomplishes is saving money. And that most people dont see that because they think they know what happens after death when in reality we are just fucking with something we know nothing about."

--------------------
:alert: All posts by Sterben should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.

Edited by Sterben (07/29/11 02:55 AM)

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Lets all become Christians! [Re: Sterben]
    #14841937 - 07/29/11 02:52 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

:dudewtf:

But I'm too tired to go to school, mommy.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisibleSterben
Female User Gallery

Re: Lets all become Christians! [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14841943 - 07/29/11 02:54 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

CTrl F Religion

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

#14841972 - 07/29/11 03:06 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
If Christianity disappeared yesterday, we'd probably all be going to mosque four times a day.

meh, you know what I mean.

Christianity / Religion / Trash can

Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Re: Lets all become Christians! [Re: unam sanctum]
    #14841977 - 07/29/11 03:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

unam sanctum said:
Let me start this off by saying I'm not Christian or any other major faith....

There isn't anything wrong with Christianity or any other Religion, just like there isn't anything wrong with psychedelics or being a dirty hippie.  It's when you force your views on someone else that it becomes an issue.  Just like any other group, it's the loudest, least intelligible peeps who get the camera time, but you never hear from the moderates who actually have their shit together.  I completely understand how much religions have "fucked up the world" but what about the unknown good they have motivated as well? That being said, I think all the "good" parts of any religion can be executed without believing in said religion, but for now religions are not fading away.  At some point you have to realize that you're the only person who you can control, and also that a universal balance is always in effect.

No offense, but there is a flaw in this argument. Most religions, including christianity, require it's patrons to make more christians. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," Matthew 28:19

Now I agree that eveyone is entiteled to their personal beliefs but it is hard to say christianity is ok as long as people don't force it on us, when they are practically being commanded to do so by the deity. I can tell you, being a part of several "non denominational" churches and involved with people I consider "Moderate" or "apologetic" christians for 20 odd years before seeing it's faults has taught me that moderate christians are simply the ones not actually following what the bible says, so I am not sure which is worse.

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#14841981 - 07/29/11 03:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

These generalizations... Most belief systems are not replete with the rapacity that we find in Christianity; this is because human nature is rapacious enough in itself to suffice without the aid of religion. Get your shit straight, my friend.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Free sVs!
Female

#14841987 - 07/29/11 03:09 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

There's a strict rule against proselytizing in Islam, and yet somehow there are about a billion Muslims in the world.

Memes find a way, it seems.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisibleDeadHearts

#14841998 - 07/29/11 03:12 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
These generalizations... Most belief systems are not replete with the rapacity that we find in Christianity; this is because human nature is rapacious enough in itself to suffice without the aid of religion. Get your shit straight, my friend.

Just my opinion man.

Invisibleunam sanctum
Montani Semper Liberi
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14842019 - 07/29/11 03:20 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

All ideas and belief systems that think they have the right answers want to spread their ways (proselytizing or not), that's obvious.  I'm just saying a lot of people of different faiths that I personally know don't take the actual words so seriously, and instead live the message- which (regardless of religion) is to treat everyone as a brother.  Most are pretty reasonable people and realize the world doesn't operate according to century/millennial old scripture written by mere mortals and attend faith services for the sense of community.  Some people do however, and these tend to be the type who hold you up to their standards and dimwitted approaches to spirituality, if you can call it that.  Regardless it hardly makes a difference to bitch about it, especially without recognizing both sides.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Community >> The Pub