Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineofcapandshoe
Stranger
mushroom experience = ???
    #14836329 - 07/28/11 02:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

hello everybody. never knew this forum existed until now. looks like a rich place to find out new information. i have been reading extensively here and elsewhere about the psychedelic experience, but a feeling of unanswered questions still persists. i just recently ate mushrooms for the first time, and i am having a really difficult time understanding the experience. im confused on many levels.

first of all, after a short period of great discomfort in my body, disorientation and a growing sense of doom, i seemed to reach a intellectual plane where i continuously received knowledge from outside of myself, and it came to the point where i was overcome by an overwhelming sense of knowing everything. this wasn't a true experience, was it? i mean, how could it have been? if truth were so easily obtainable, i think we would all more easily agree, is that not true? but what i dont understand, if this experience was false, how it could have felt so true and meaningful?

when i think of how these things work, it helps me to understand the human being as a complex machine who is conscious of and loves himself. when such chemicals come into and interact with the chemistry of the brain... well, i assume these substances will interact with my machinery the same as they will interact with others of the same kind. in other words, mushrooms have a designed principle at work, so that when they enter the body, there is an intention that they pursue, and so they effect everyone in the same way, no matter who you are or what state of mind you're in. so what then are they doing? ripping out my soul? and then lying to me? showing me greater things that ive ever imagined, only to play the greatest trick on my rational mind?

can anyone help me here? am i making sense? i would appreciate your insights. thanks

Edited by ofcapandshoe (07/28/11 02:16 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineComaDivine
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: mushroom experience = ??? [Re: ofcapandshoe]
    #14836333 - 07/28/11 02:09 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

eat more mushrooms and you can understand :awetrippie:

--------------------
:sun:

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: mushroom experience = ??? [Re: ComaDivine]
    #14836396 - 07/28/11 02:22 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

this wasn't a true experience, was it? i mean, how could it have been? if truth were so easily obtainable, i think we would all more easily agree, is that not true? but what i dont understand, if this experience was false, how it could have felt so true and meaningful?

Was it? Did you come out of it with new information that you learned? Or was it all an illusion? In my experience...These profound meaningful feelings can have a great positive affect on my mindset for a period of time - which is the goal. But the foundations are flimsy.

Quote:

in other words, mushrooms have a designed principle at work, so that when they enter the body, there is an intention that they pursue, and so they effect everyone in the same way, no matter who you are or what state of mind you're in.

I agree and disagree with this. I agree because mushrooms seem to consistently blow peoples minds in usually a good way. But I mostly disagree.
Because I believe that an experience can not lie within a few dried up mushrooms or a chemical substance. An experience lies within you. The substance is just the catalyst. Don't assume that everybody experiences the same thing you do. You are just one point of consciousness and your perspective of the world is not shared with anybody else but you. We all know very well that set and setting are huge factors in the turnout of a psychedelic experience - just as important as dose, sometimes even more important. We also know that some people just can not, will not handle the psychedelic experience, it scares the living shit out of them.

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #14836406 - 07/28/11 02:24 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 04:01 PM)

OfflineJilPil
I'm a teapot

Re: mushroom experience = ??? [Re: ComaDivine]
    #14836421 - 07/28/11 02:27 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wasn't a true experience, was it? i mean, how could it have been? if truth were so easily obtainable, i think we would all more easily agree, is that not true?

yeah but so many people aren't as open as you just were with taking them
it kinda is that easy, but also really complex

i love all psychedelics, for how they can help you understand.

OfflinePrimalSoup
won't you please help my dog?
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #14838627 - 07/28/11 02:33 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

first of all, after a short period of great discomfort in my body, disorientation and a growing sense of doom, i seemed to reach a intellectual plane where i continuously received knowledge from outside of myself, and it came to the point where i was overcome by an overwhelming sense of knowing everything. this wasn't a true experience, was it?

Uhm, yes it was. Now get to work making use of it.  Most if not all of your assumptions about reality are wrong.

Think about synergy, not about cause and effect.  Sense of self, cause and effect are illusions created by limited consciousness - when you manage to peer beyond this illusion (like you did!) that limited consciousness becomes confused.  But the body knows, the body has experience far beyond what the mind perceives...

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience