Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: sixbluntsdeep] * 1
    #14830485 - 07/26/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Who are you again?

:awelol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesixbluntsdeep
Stranger
Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #14830505 - 07/26/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The one who doesn't need basic things laid out in front of me, such as why our monetary system is bullshit.

And who are you?

Offlinesixbluntsdeep
Stranger
    #14830519 - 07/26/11 10:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So classic.  You get made to look like a fool and you bring up my "registration date" as though it 1) means something 2) means I'm new

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: sixbluntsdeep]
    #14830522 - 07/26/11 10:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sixbluntsdeep said:
The one who doesn't need basic things laid out in front of me, such as why our monetary system is bullshit.

Its obvious our monetary system is bullshit. Whats not always obvious is
how exactly it works. Sorry Im not a financial know it all like you :shrug:

Even though you have barely typed out more than a sentence in regards to the subject.

OfflineMind Transcribing
Candy Baron
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost in Tanaris
    #14830529 - 07/26/11 10:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, an opt out insulting somebody because of their registration date...:facepalm:

Honestly deadhearts, and I'm being perfectly serious, your posts rarely contain anything that can be called a rational thought.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: Mind Transcribing]
    #14830535 - 07/26/11 10:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mind Transcribing said:
Wow, an opt out insulting somebody because of their registration date...:facepalm:

Honestly deadhearts, and I'm being perfectly serious, your posts rarely contain anything that can be called a rational thought.

Sorry you feel that way man.

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: DeadHearts] * 3
    #14830564 - 07/26/11 11:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:40 AM)

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #14830622 - 07/26/11 11:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

highdroponics said:
Off with the Fed's head. It is the only logical way to end it indefinitely. Otherwise you're not really fixing the problem, just making it less noticeable.

This is all just a bunch of bullshit in all reality. This situation would never happen if our government wasn't so persistent in building an empire around the globe, fighting wars that don't need to be fought, and funding useless programs that do very little good for the people, all the while providing people with a source of income ensuring they will continue the flawed system. Our government is going against every principle our founders fought for it for and people are fighting over mindless shit like this when it doesn't even need to exist.

When will the majority see past the bullshit? It is so incredibly obvious that we are being scammed on a major level.

Im not sure people want to see past the BS. Its gotten them the way of life they
are now used to. Its all based on infinite growth.

I'm not as sold on this way of thinking. I understand it's got a lot of draw and following here on the shroomery, but I don't feel like many do here that the system is fundamentally broken. We think its broken because we don't have much to compare it to. Without it, shit falls apart real fast. In a way, that's what tea party republicans are gunning for... breaking the system completely.

The system was never constitutionally meant to be in place to begin with and our founders warned us of these very things happening. Yet people brush it off their shoulders like its a bunch of nonsense. All of that information is completely disregarded as being irrelevant in modern society. People really have no grasp on what the United States are meant to be and why. Everyone is focused on bracing up a system that will inevitably fail.

This country has derailed itself from its original principles entirely. I find it very hard to see and believe so many people wanting more government interference in personal lives, more spending, more war, more government programs/jobs, more taxes. When are we going to fill-in this hole and stop the very same nonsense our founders ran away from to make this country?

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (07/26/11 11:24 PM)

Offlinesixbluntsdeep
Stranger
    #14830629 - 07/26/11 11:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

Mind Transcribing said:

Sorry you feel that way man.

"Even though you have barely typed out more than a sentence in regards to the subject. "

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #14830721 - 07/26/11 11:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

highdroponics said:
Off with the Fed's head. It is the only logical way to end it indefinitely. Otherwise you're not really fixing the problem, just making it less noticeable.

This is all just a bunch of bullshit in all reality. This situation would never happen if our government wasn't so persistent in building an empire around the globe, fighting wars that don't need to be fought, and funding useless programs that do very little good for the people, all the while providing people with a source of income ensuring they will continue the flawed system. Our government is going against every principle our founders fought for it for and people are fighting over mindless shit like this when it doesn't even need to exist.

When will the majority see past the bullshit? It is so incredibly obvious that we are being scammed on a major level.

Im not sure people want to see past the BS. Its gotten them the way of life they

I'm not as sold on this way of thinking. I understand it's got a lot of draw and following here on the shroomery, but I don't feel like many do here that the system is fundamentally broken. We think its broken because we don't have much to compare it to. Without it, shit falls apart real fast. In a way, that's what tea party republicans are gunning for... breaking the system completely.

When you say shit falls apart really fast what do you mean by that??
Like the fundamental aspects of society??

If thats the case Im for it because modern day America is deeply greedy
and thinks not of what its "wants" cost the world on the outside looking in.

America is not alone in this but there are so many problems I find it hard to post
about.

"The problem in the long term is that an economic model of infinite growth requires the use of natural resources at increasing rates. The most obvious of these natural resources is petroleum or oil. But many other resources like water and coal are being used at increasing rates to sustain growth in population. This growth in population is fueled by the continued increase in use of natural resources. It’s a cycle of infinite growth that is simply unsustainable on a planet of finite resources."

Im trying to look at the big picture.

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #14830861 - 07/27/11 12:09 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So the government defaulting means that they are just going to decide not to pay any of the money they owe to foreign countries?

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: DeadHearts] * 2
    #14831466 - 07/27/11 05:09 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

blazenn said:
the worst thing i can think of happening in a default is the fact that we could become much more vulnerable to attacks from other countries

Dude WTF?

You serious bro?

dude wtf u serious? another post where you make some sort of exclamation without actually conversing anything??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

when are you going to learn to actually talk, deadhearts?

Edited by blazenn (07/27/11 05:15 AM)

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: blazenn]
    #14831483 - 07/27/11 05:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

I hope the government defaults. Fuck em. It's ambiguous how much any of this really will effect anything, though I do see a lot of fear mongering from both sides and this leads me to believe that this all is just politics as usual, with a new buzz word.

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #14831541 - 07/27/11 05:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blazenn said:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleDeadHearts

#14831780 - 07/27/11 08:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blazenn said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

blazenn said:
the worst thing i can think of happening in a default is the fact that we could become much more vulnerable to attacks from other countries

Dude WTF?

You serious bro?

dude wtf u serious? another post where you make some sort of exclamation without actually conversing anything??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote:

DeadHearts said:

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

highdroponics said:

When you say shit falls apart really fast what do you mean by that??
Like the fundamental aspects of society??

If thats the case Im for it because modern day America is deeply greedy
and thinks not of what its "wants" cost the world on the outside looking in.

America is not alone in this but there are so many problems I find it hard to post
about.

"The problem in the long term is that an economic model of infinite growth requires the use of natural resources at increasing rates. The most obvious of these natural resources is petroleum or oil. But many other resources like water and coal are being used at increasing rates to sustain growth in population. This growth in population is fueled by the continued increase in use of natural resources. It’s a cycle of infinite growth that is simply unsustainable on a planet of finite resources."

Im trying to look at the big picture.

You guys seem to want an essay with each post I make. Im sorry but if you
think defaulting on our debt makes us more vulnerable to terrorism or "attacks"
from other countries is well that just doesnt make sense to me at all.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: skatealex2]
    #14831916 - 07/27/11 08:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

They're just going to raise the debt ceiling as they have 74 times since the 60's. This is all just another dog and pony show to keep you distracted.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

#14833409 - 07/27/11 02:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

did you not read the next sentence i wrote?

Quote:

but then again nearly every household in america has atleast 1 firearm and if another country was to try and invade us they would have to go through hell to get anything accomplished.

InvisibleDeadHearts

#14833423 - 07/27/11 02:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blazenn said:
did you not read the next sentence i wrote?

Quote:

but then again nearly every household in america has atleast 1 firearm and if another country was to try and invade us they would have to go through hell to get anything accomplished.

Yeah I did. You, just like you claim I do only offered a little opinion without
explaining why. It doesnt make sense and I was not expecting someone to give this
example when on the subject of what could go wrong if we default.

Offlinesixbluntsdeep
Stranger
Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: gzuf]
    #14833426 - 07/27/11 02:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
They're just going to raise the debt ceiling as they have 74 times since the 60's. This is all just another dog and pony show to keep you distracted.

:thumbup:

Quote:

gzuf said:
:lol:

I hope the government defaults. Fuck em. It's ambiguous how much any of this really will effect anything, though I do see a lot of fear mongering from both sides and this leads me to believe that this all is just politics as usual, with a new buzz word.

You must not be from the USA.  A default/downgrade will send a shock wave through our economy, sending the dollar into the ground and our lives here will be turned into shit.

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Government default - good or bad ? [Re: sixbluntsdeep]
    #14833441 - 07/27/11 02:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

He is from the USA I believe and I agree with him. This problem is not going
to go away and we should just get the show on the road. Our economy will be hurt
along with other around the world because the dollar is the reserve currency.

I dont think the world is going to end.....:rolleyes:

But with that said its all just a show. They will no doubt raise the debt ceiling
once again so we can do this yet again real soon. Awsome.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order