Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
For Cracka_X
    #1482318 - 04/22/03 02:21 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Clinton raised the taxes sky high to the highest they could be, thank god Reagan made a limit otherwise Clinton woud've made em higher, and he tried to. Major unemployment due to the high taxes.

This was taken from this post. Care to elaborate or offer up any proof?

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: For Cracka_X [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1483334 - 04/22/03 07:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Cracka doesn't have a clue. You're wasting your time.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Re: For Cracka_X [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1483445 - 04/22/03 08:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:wink:

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1485019 - 04/23/03 02:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Elaboration....
Well, if the owner of a company makes more money, that's more money he can put towards more jobs and more raises. With higher taxes, the owner would fire more ppl if he was loosing money b/c of high taxes. So less jobs and less chance of getting a raise.

give an inch they take a mile.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Edited by Cracka_X (04/23/03 02:53 AM)

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Re: For Cracka_X [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1485050 - 04/23/03 02:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well would you like to proof? I fully comprehend that much. Perhaps you would like to offer up some proof such as the astrinomically high unelployment rates and tax rates?

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1485078 - 04/23/03 03:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's just an elaboration. I never said ASTRINOMICALLY high unemployment due to taxes. How could there be more employment under high taxes?? Do these taxes make more GOVERNMENT jobs???

As for proof, why don't you go ask some small business owners what'd they'd rather have?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1485344 - 04/23/03 08:36 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well come on prove it.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1485819 - 04/23/03 01:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Compare unemployment rates in the U.S. with more highly taxed European countries.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Re: For Cracka_X [Re: Evolving]
    #1486252 - 04/23/03 03:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

As a budding economist I am certainly aware that taxation creates unemployment. That isn't what we're debating however. Cracka claims that unemployment was high under the Clinton administration due to high taxes. I'd just like him to prove that it was (especially in light of the fact that the unemployment rate was the lowest it had been in 30 years, and infact since that rate fell below what is considered to be the "normal" rate of unemployment).

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1487177 - 04/23/03 08:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've got a question. Are government jobs a part of a free enterprise? What else would or could high taxes pay for other than all the social programs put into effect? When I say unemployment, I mean privately owned businesses.

And if this didn't answer your question then didn't you already answer your own question???

Quote:

I'd just like him to prove that it was (especially in light of the fact that the unemployment rate was the lowest it had been in 30 years, and infact since that rate fell below what is considered to be the "normal" rate of unemployment).

It was the lowest in 30yrs and is considered "normal"????

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1487971 - 04/24/03 02:01 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I've got a question. Are government jobs a part of a free enterprise? What else would or could high taxes pay for other than all the social programs put into effect?

No, gov't jobs are not technically part of the free enterprise system. However if you believe that the only thing the gov't spends tax money is social programs then you are truely ignorant. Gov't spending puts money into the private sector. Hell, so does corporate welfare.

Quote:

And if this didn't answer your question then didn't you already answer your own question???

I know the answer to my question. Unemployment was not high under Clinton. However you have denied this. Where's the proof?

Quote:

Quote:

I'd just like him to prove that it was (especially in light of the fact that the unemployment rate was the lowest it had been in 30 years, and infact since that rate fell below what is considered to be the "normal" rate of unemployment).

It was the lowest in 30yrs and is considered "normal"????

The level at which you fail to comprehend information baffles me. Try re-reading what I wrote. Do it slowly. Let the words sink into your brain.

--------------------

Edited by I_Fart_Blue (04/24/03 02:19 AM)

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1491524 - 04/25/03 01:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

No, gov't jobs are not technically part of the free enterprise system. However if you believe that the only thing the gov't spends tax money is social programs then you are truely ignorant. Gov't spending puts money into the private sector. Hell, so does corporate welfare.

I'm aware of corporate welfare, but that's a different story

I've read what you've said. At that day, that level of unemployment was normal according to what you said. You can't really judge the economy by its president. The economy fluctuates as it will. During Clinton's time, many of the Corporations falsified their books and what resulted in was millions of ppl losing their investments and many companies had to close down. As a result, there was significant increase of loss of jobs which came to light during Bush's time. In fact, one of Clinton's cabinet advisors tried to influence Enron into concealing their fraud in their book keeping b/c he could see where the company was about to fall and that would devastate the economy.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1491548 - 04/25/03 01:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

No, what I said was that the rate of unemployment was below what was considered to be "normal" level. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

I'm not even going to bother replying to rest of the crap in your last post. Why do you continue to avoid the topic at hand? Why can't you back up your statements? Furthermore, I like the way you continue to backpedal, first blaming Clinton for this imaginary high unemployment in the 90's, to claimng that the President has little to do with the economy, then to blaming Clinton for corporate scandals. Earth to Cracka: You can't blame Clinton for everything that has gone wrong under George Bush. You don't even know what you're talking about anyway.

Get with the program cheif and stop trying to change the subject. Prove that unemployment was high under Clinton! Thats all I want.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion