Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

Everyone just take another hit.
    #14809727 - 07/22/11 04:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I posted this in a thread (extremely stoned lol) earlier and the thread died off.  I really want to say this though, so I figured it warranted its own thread:

Quote:

tokinman21 said:
Quote:

ComaDivine said:
Everyone is right, we are all one :awetrippie:

(take another hit guys)

Just took a g-bong hit right before I read this, and I must say he's quite right.  A mini-rant, if I may:

Why are so many of us so bitchy around here all the time?  This thread actually doesn't seem bitchy to me, it's still a pretty civil discussion, but that's always how it starts.  I wouldn't see this particular thread getting hostile, but in general it seems like a lot of our discussions start out civil like this and then quickly turn into an argument.

And I'm not saying I'm not guilty of it too, I feel the same way in retrospect reading over my own posts.  But it seems like our threads often just turn into arguments/bitch-fests where everyone divides out into who's right and who's wrong and proceeds to tell the other side why they're stupid.

Hell, we could even say the same for the world.  Now that I think about it, I guess that's what the human race as a whole tends to do...we divide ourselves,and then we put up barriers.  Barriers to "protect" ourselves and hold ourselves in, and barriers to hold the "opponent" or the "enemy" out.

Maybe this is taking it too far, but even look at our sports.  Why do all our sports have to have teams, one side against the other?  Why aren't sports scored more on an individual basis?  Why can't soccer have 4 goals and a rotation system for all the positions, and just score all its players and hold "tournaments" in the style that golf does? 

Because then there wouldn't be as much tension, and we wouldn't bond with the people on our side as much...but why do we need the tension?  Why can't we just bond with everybody there, because we are experiencing the same thing together?

We all just need to take another hit.  Peace and Love, my friends.  :peace::rastamon:

EDIT: Maybe it's just a superiority thing? We get confrontational on the forum because we want to be better than the people we are proving wrong, just like how a debate is about effectively proving a point rather than necessarily proving the right point.  And maybe we form teams in sports because it's easier for the fans to "win" and feel superior to the other team's fans, rather than if they're rooting for specific people.

But why can't we just root for everybody?  Why can't we just enjoy the event and treat it like we're at a concert, or a club?  Why argue, when we could see the value of the other side's points and be appreciative just for the opportunity to understand another person's point of view?

Edited by tokinman21 (07/22/11 04:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

Re: Everyone just take another hit. [Re: tokinman21]
    #14809736 - 07/22/11 04:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ComaDivine said:
Everyone is right, we are all one :awetrippie:

(take another hit guys)

Brilliantly simple yet insightful words.  You made my day, and the thoughts generated from what you said have made my new me.  A new me that is much like the old me that I wanted to be, but with the courage to actually become it.  I love you all.

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
    #14810000 - 07/22/11 05:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:dudewtf:

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Everyone just take another hit. [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #14810072 - 07/22/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

We're hardwired to be competitive.  Our ancestors who gathered the most food, defended the best territory, and controlled the most fertile women reproduced.  We've inherited those same impulses and they rear their ugly head even in cyberspace as we scratch and bite each other trying to gain an intellectual higher ground and superior status among the international drug culture.  And its all for that hot, young pussy.

After every internet argument that I win, a hot psychonaut girl messages me and then I arrange for her to come over and suck my shroom cock.  We're not one, we are divided and I want all that poontang for myself and I'm not sharing.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

Re: Everyone just take another hit. [Re: joemolloy]
    #14810136 - 07/22/11 05:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
We're hardwired to be competitive.  Our ancestors who gathered the most food, defended the best territory, and controlled the most fertile women reproduced.  We've inherited those same impulses and they rear their ugly head even in cyberspace as we scratch and bite each other trying to gain an intellectual higher ground and superior status among the international drug culture.  And its all for that hot, young pussy.

After every internet argument that I win, a hot psychonaut girl messages me and then I arrange for her to come over and suck my shroom cock.  We're not one, we are divided and I want all that poontang for myself and I'm not sharing.

My point being that that's exactly why we as a species are so fucked up.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14810159 - 07/22/11 05:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Its not just us.  The whole way nature is set up is the same fucked up way.  It's all competition, from the mushroom fighting for living space on a piece of shit to the animals in the jungle tearing at the carcass to me kicking sand in the face of the little guy right before I fuck his girlfriend.  Life is fucked up.  If there is a God, he is one evil fuck for setting the game in such a brutal way.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineComaDivine
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #14810883 - 07/22/11 08:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I am flattered :cookiemonster:

--------------------
:sun:

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: Everyone just take another hit. [Re: ComaDivine]
    #14810976 - 07/22/11 09:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Its called survival of the fittest. The whole world operates on it, and although humans have the capability to go further and not operate on that system, our leaders keep us divided and fighting. They even found out they could make money off of it, so they did.

Now the whole world is fucked.

I'll take another hit, but I'm secretly wishing for judgement day to wash away all of humanity. I want the world to start over at single cell organisms, cause where we are at this very moment is straight fucked.

:stoned2:

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Everyone just take another hit. [Re: Joolz]
    #14810994 - 07/22/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Joolz, those single celled organisms are just as crafty and dodgy as us but on a smaller level.  So eventually the cycle will just repeat once evolution starts spitting out new species.  We must kill God and then we can rewrite the rules to this game and truly have a fresh beginning.  We have to find this God character though, he's certainly very slippery.

--------------------

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

#14811005 - 07/22/11 09:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, maybe the whole idea of "no longer being an animal" is just about getting past that.  Learn to function in a different way, and so will posterity.  We would, in effect, be our own creators.  Mini-gods of the human race, if you will.

OfflineJoolz
Male

#14811010 - 07/22/11 09:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah. I heard he had this son who lived 2000 years ago. Turns out they were really just talking about the sun in the sky that's been around for 5 billion years.

Who'da thought? Its funny, this God we're all chasing after. DMT and harmala turned me into God.

Its funny, this God. :strokebeard:

But I must disagree about the single celled organisms. They are quite crafty and dodgy by nature, yes, but that is just called survival of the fittest. I think the human race just needs to start over. We don't need to let the greedy demons into office like we did.

--------------------

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

#14811026 - 07/22/11 09:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:
Yeah. I heard he had this son who lived 2000 years ago. Turns out they were really just talking about the sun in the sky that's been around for 5 billion years.

Who'da thought? Its funny, this God we're all chasing after. DMT and harmala turned me into God.

But I must disagree about the single celled organisms. They are quite crafty and dodgy by nature, yes, but that is just called survival of the fittest. I think the human race just needs to start over. We don't need to let the greedy demons into office like we did.

We all have the power to rise beyond that, we just choose not to.  Quit blaming those above you and look at yourself.  If you look at yourself and find that you are genuinely pure, pat yourself on the back and begin looking at how you can unobtrusively help those around you.  We have the ability to change, so why aren't we? Laziness.

OfflineTheGodParticle
Friend
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania Flag
    #14811033 - 07/22/11 09:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I agree that it's only natural to be at least a bit competitive and to have opinions that you wish to validate to others, but I also feel that doesn't require being an asshole about it, which is what I think the OP is trying to get at. It's alright to disagree with someone and to try and prove a point to them, but that doesn't mean you have to be uppity and bitchy about it. That's how I feel at least.

Now time to take another hit. :grin:

--------------------
To be shaken out of the ruts of ordinary perception, to be shown for a few timeless hours the outer and inner world, not as they appear to an animal obsessed with survival or to a human being obsessed with words and notions, but as they are apprehended, directly and unconditionally, by Mind at Large — this is an experience of inestimable value to everyone and especially to the intellectual.

mguyer.blogspot.com

OfflineJoolz
Male

#14811059 - 07/22/11 09:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tokinman21 said:
Quote:

Joolz said:

We all have the power to rise beyond that, we just choose not to.  Quit blaming those above you and look at yourself.  If you look at yourself and find that you are genuinely pure, pat yourself on the back and begin looking at how you can unobtrusively help those around you.  We have the ability to change, so why aren't we? Laziness.

Trust me man, I already know I'm a genuine person. I've been told by people. They've literally sat me down and told me I was one of the best tripping partners and overall friends they could ever possibly have (not to sound like I'm big headed or anything, just telling you what they said to me).

It doesn't change the fact that no matter how nice I am, no matter the small things I do to change the world to make it a better place, there is always somebody in power to wipe it all away instantly.

They have money, the media, the corporations, everything. Its seriously to the point of everybody pulling out guns and fighting the government, or the government ruining the world enough that the human race as it is now collapses. I'm talking about governments and shit like that, not us as a race dying off.

Either way, I can't wait.

--------------------

OfflineThePhilosophizer
Musical Gear Head
 User Gallery

Loc: The Moon
    #14811112 - 07/22/11 09:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tokinman21 said:
Well, maybe the whole idea of "no longer being an animal" is just about getting past that.  Learn to function in a different way, and so will posterity.  We would, in effect, be our own creators.  Mini-gods of the human race, if you will.

I think you might be on to something there. If humans have been said to be children of God... Well, what do children do? They grow up. Their bodies and minds mature into adulthood, the likeness of their parents. Perhaps humanity is the rebellious teenager stage of growing up and our next stage in evolution could be closer to 'adulthood'. :shrug:

Just some :sandwich: for :malebrain:

:grin:

--------------------
:pinkshroom:  :regularshroom:  :mushroomgrow: :greenshroom: :stinkyshroom: :scaryshroom: :mushdance: :dancingshroom: :cubie:  :mushroom2:  :supershroom:      :muahaha:

<<<<<<<<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>

A game without challenges is boring. It is possible to live a happy optimistic life without being in denial about all the shit that goes on all around.
You just gotta get up and dance with the fire instead of moping about it. Be thankful for your problems.
Without them, your life would be a fucking bore.
But don't make it all about the problems. There are magnificent wonders in this world worth living for :wink:

Edited by ThePhilosophizer (07/22/11 10:00 PM)

OfflineComaDivine
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #14811299 - 07/22/11 10:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:

^Best post in thread :thumbup:

--------------------
:sun:

Offlinelifeinallday
OVA<

Loc: fucked in time
Re: Everyone just take another hit. [Re: ComaDivine]
    #14811744 - 07/23/11 12:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
"In a revolving universe those who stand still move backward"- I forget

Offlineaficionados
jumanji

Re: Everyone just take another hit. [Re: lifeinallday]
    #14817785 - 07/24/11 01:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

there is alot of misdirected anger on the internet; people pissed with their own lives take it out on random people on the internet behind the veil of a computer.

also, computer interactions are generally impersonal and cold, you can't receive a hug or any real intimacy through a computer, so there's a higher probability of random hatred

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order