Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineihavefingers
Stranger

hydroponic solution
    #1476360 - 04/20/03 11:32 AM (21 years, 2 days ago)

if one were to use hydroponic solution would that supply the same nutrients as brown rice flower? I'm thinking if cakes were dunked in a hydroponic soultion they wouldn't become exhausted as quickly. Then again, i'm not so smart as to know whether or not shrooms can grow off the nutrients in a solution as plants would.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: hydroponic solution [Re: ihavefingers]
    #1476385 - 04/20/03 12:03 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

My friend does not know how effective a nutrient dunk would be, but he says that it would greatly increase your risk of contamination.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlineihavefingers
Stranger

Re: hydroponic solution [Re: dog]
    #1476399 - 04/20/03 12:20 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

okay, i wasn't planning on trying it. i did a project in school though using a solution to grow corn a beans and now that i remember... the set up did get moldy and caused some ropes absorbing the solution to rot.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
    #1476864 - 04/20/03 04:11 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

When I was in high school my uncle and I developed a hydroponic system for corn growing.  heh, everyone was amazed at how well it worked. I called the corn "hydro" and had everyone in the school staff talking about how good the hydro was! heh :wink:    I don't know why I posted this but I thought it was funny.

as for hydroponic shrooming.  I was considering making a drip system with the drip leading to the UNDER layer of the casing.  If sterile water was dripped down there, I'm wondering if it might lead to perpetual flushes?  i

Johnny R

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Anonymous

#1476950 - 04/20/03 04:39 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

not all of the nutrients mushrooms feed on are water soluble. even if a mixture of water-soluble nutrients was available, it would probably not be compatible with the mushroom's enzyme-secreting digestion mechanism, and would also be a problem for contamination.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hydroponic solution [Re: ]
    #1477226 - 04/20/03 07:15 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

yeah....what mushmaster said....and ...the nitrogen it pretty damn lethal for mycelium....there have been a lot of questions like this one...try the search feature, it actualy works really well.....

JonnyRespect:..with a drip system your cake/casing will end up overly wet, it can lead to contamination and rot...getting the green is alway nice...but not with mushrooms. with the current drip heads the would give off about 30x the amoune needed and if not injected into the center.....I would feel bad for the little guy. he would be all wet and slimey.....

Prisoner#1

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: hydroponic solution [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1477257 - 04/20/03 07:29 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

my opinion, though never tried and tested, is that a drip system going into the bottom of a large pan with a thick substrate and casing layer would work extremely well IF perlite was put on the bottom....say 2" thick and have water continuously filling up the bottom half of the perlite-under 1".  i found a piece of paper on the ground that said someone had tried perlite on the bottom of a small casing, off second flush pf cakes, and it resulted in huge monsters (20-30g wet)compared to the past flush.  The drip system idea (w/perlite)  is one that i think would work and now would like to try :grin: :grin: :cool:
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Invisiblewoodrow
journeyman
Re: hydroponic solution [Re: jakeholman]
    #1478156 - 04/21/03 01:53 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Hydroponic solution is a mineral solution for green plants that can produce their own carbohydrates from CO2, water, and light. Shrooms require an external source of carbohydrates since they (just like us) can not produce their own. So hydroponic solution can not supply the essential carbohydrates found in BRF which is mostly carbohydrate.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hydroponic solution [Re: woodrow]
    #1480951 - 04/21/03 11:51 PM (21 years, 15 hours ago)

if you tried to supply that source of carbohydrates throught the drip system....
you would make a startling discovery....all the contams like carbs too...

P#1

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix