Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
CNN Knew
    #1476595 - 04/20/03 02:09 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20030414-21266686.htm

idk if it had been posted or not but here anyway

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: CNN Knew [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1476915 - 04/20/03 04:27 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Where are the comments from the Saddam apologists?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1477175 - 04/20/03 06:37 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Of course the Clinton-News-Network knew.

It would never have sailed for them to actually tell the truth since it didn't fit in with their agenda.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1478110 - 04/21/03 01:18 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

*Yawn* Just an op-ed article. BFD

CNN ultimately didn't know anything more than the rest of the world did. Saddam and his two sons were crazy sick sadistic bastards. This was hardly news worthy, and it isn't like this hasn't been going on for a number of years, only 12 of which Jordan knew about. I suppose that CNN knew more than the CIA, and perhaps they should have alerted former President Bush durring the Gulf War

. Then of course there's the whole
Quote:

"awful things that could not be reported because doing so would have jeopardized the lives of Iraqis, particularly those on our Baghdad staff."

Just another Republican reactionist. Thats so mid-nineties.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1478148 - 04/21/03 01:47 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

We knew Saddam wasn't a great guy before the mid-nineties. We knew back when Bush was making excuses for Saddam gassing the Kurds and giving him a billion dollars the year after he did it. Not to mention arming him to the teeth.

The first thing we should do is get that peice of shit back and make him explain why he supported Saddam in those days.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: CNN Knew [Re: Xlea321]
    #1478392 - 04/21/03 07:46 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Alex123 writes:

We knew back when Bush was making excuses for Saddam gassing the Kurds...

There have been several posts in this forum showing that the Kurds were not in fact gassed by Hussein, but by Iranians.

Not to mention arming him to the teeth.

As you are well aware, virtually all of Hussein's weaponry was obtained from the Soviets, not the Americans.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: CNN Knew [Re: Phred]
    #1478398 - 04/21/03 08:02 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

There have been several posts in this forum showing that the Kurds were not in fact gassed by Hussein, but by Iranians.

Certainly that's the angle the US pushed when it occured. However, since then they have insisted many times that Saddam has gassed his own people. One story served them at the time, the other served them a couple of years later.

As you are well aware, virtually all of Hussein's weaponry was obtained from the Soviets

Utter nonsense. Read the book "Arming Iraq: How the U.S. and Britain Secretly Built Saddam's War Machine" for full details of the huge arms programme the US and Britain supplied to Saddam.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Loc: England
    #1478430 - 04/21/03 08:30 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

That article is ridiculous, making the leap that because CNN saw some things that they didn't report, that that is why the coalition of the willing is so small.

Bullshit. There's nothing in that article about CNN having seen WMD, which is the reason we are over there isn't it?

This is a blatant attack launched from the right wing against CNN, because the right actually believes CNN to be a liberal network, which to me is about as funny as you can get.

--------------------
This post has been brought to you by:

www.thedarkunderbelly.com/phpbb

Never give up, never surrender.

If you're seeing bitterness, perhaps the time has come to clean the shit from your eyes.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: CNN Knew [Re: friartuck]
    #1478882 - 04/21/03 11:48 AM (21 years, 1 day ago)

It's a CNN confessional

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
Re: CNN Knew [Re: Evolving]
    #1478916 - 04/21/03 12:05 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

NPR interviewed Mr. Jordan last week about that subject. The Iraqi government insisted that he was the Iraq CIA station chief.

Anyway, so what? I thought the reason for our aggression against Iraq was to rid the country of WMD?

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Invisiblewingnutx

#1479708 - 04/21/03 05:18 PM (21 years, 19 hours ago)

Iraq has Russian tanks, French Gazelle helicopters, French, North Korean and Chinese missiles, and Command & Control and AA gear from all three. THeir small arms are russian and chinese.

The US supplies about 1% of Saddam's military capacity, and the British less than that.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: CNN Knew [Re: friartuck]
    #1480695 - 04/21/03 10:32 PM (21 years, 13 hours ago)

friartuck writes:

This is a blatant attack launched from the right wing against CNN...

Incorrect. It was not "the right wing," but Mr. Jordan himself who revealed to the New York Times what information he decided not to make public. All that article does is to comment on what Jordan himself wrote in his own article.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1480715 - 04/21/03 10:37 PM (21 years, 13 hours ago)

Alex123 writes:

Certainly that's the angle the US pushed when it occured.

And it appears from the articles linked here that they were correct to "push that angle", weren't they, since according to those articles that is in fact exactly what happened. Yet I recall several posts from you castigating Reagan and Bush the First for denying that Hussein had gassed "his own people".

One story served them at the time, the other served them a couple of years later.

Sounds exactly like your own tactics here in this forum.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1482035 - 04/22/03 10:28 AM (21 years, 1 hour ago)

And it appears from the articles linked here that they were correct to "push that angle",

So you're now certain that it wasn't Saddam? We know he was using gas on the Iranians. A lot of the kurds have said they believe it was Saddam. Do you think it was sensible for Bush to give him the billion dollar loan when there's such doubts about him tho?

Sounds exactly like your own tactics here in this forum.

Enough of the cattiness pink. You'll scratch my eyes out next.. :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1484437 - 04/22/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Alex123 writes:

So you're now certain that it wasn't Saddam?

No, I'm not. But you definitely were certain in your posts of several months ago that Saddam had done it. You were claiming that "the whole world knew" and you were lambasting the Reagan and Bush the First administrations for refusing to "acknowledge reality".

But, if the articles supplied here several times by other contributors are correct, then in fact Reagan and Bush the First were right all along, and the "whole world" didn't "know".

What is your current opinion on the matter? Was it Hussein's gas or Iran's gas that killed the Kurds?

We know he was using gas on the Iranians.

And vice versa, according to those same articles.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1484808 - 04/22/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

But you definitely were certain in your posts of several months ago that Saddam had done it.

Not quite. I've always been aware of the rumours that it was the Iranians who did the gassing at Halabja. There were however at least 40 other chemical weapons attacks on the Kurds. Are you saying the Iranians did them all?

What I was certain of was that Shrub was now using "chemical weapons attacks on his own people" as a reason for invading.

you were lambasting the Reagan and Bush the First administrations for refusing to "acknowledge reality".

I never said this. Source please.

I believe you have repeatedly used the "Saddam has used chemical weapons on his own people" accusation as a justification for war tho. Have you now abandoned this?

Was it Hussein's gas or Iran's gas that killed the Kurds?

At Halabja? Or the other 40 odd attacks? How certain can we be in the fog of propaganda? My guess is Saddam has used gas on the kurds dozens of times. Whether he did it at Halabja is open to question. All we can know for certain is that Bush's father was defending Saddam over Halabja in 1988 and in 1990 saying "It is clear Saddam has used chemical weapons on his own people" a couple of years later when it suited him.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1484964 - 04/23/03 12:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Alex123 writes:

Are you saying the Iranians did them all?

How can I possibly know that? I doubt that at this point anyone knows for sure. All I pointed out is that there have been articles posted here saying that Saddam didn't "gas his own people" that seem to be at least as credible (maybe even more credible) than the evidence that he DID "gas his own people."

If in fact he didn't, then Reagan and Bush the First didn't deserve your castigation -- they were right all along.

I never said this. Source please.

Alex, if you didn't say precisely those words, you certainly said something identical in meaning, in more than one post. You went on and on about how the evidence was so compelling that practically everyone in the UN accepted it, and that first Reagan and then Bush stubbornly refused to admit that Hussein might have done it.

I am not going to spend the next thirty minutes typing various combinations of possible key words into the search engine here to find months-old posts that both you and I know you made.

I believe you have repeatedly used the "Saddam has used chemical weapons on his own people" accusation as a justification for war tho. Have you now abandoned this?

Incorrect. You have me confused with someone else. I have never once used this as a "justification" for war. As a matter of fact, apart from that one series of posts where you were going on about Reagan and Bush refusing to accept the "reality" of Halabja, I don't believe I have ever even referred to Hussein gassing the Kurds, mainly because I (unlike many others here) accept the argument that the Kurds are not really "Hussein's own people". They happen to live within the borders drawn up by Britain post WWII, but I think it is incorrect to consider them Iraqis. They certainly don't consider themselves to be.

How certain can we be in the fog of propaganda? My guess is Saddam has used gas on the kurds dozens of times.

Holy crap! For once we are in absolute agreement. I too have no way of knowing, but my gut feel (with absolutely no hard evidence to support it, admittedly) is that he probably tried it at least a few times, just because that's the kind of thing he would do. Dozens of times? I don't know about that -- you might be right. As we have both pointed out, at this late date it will never be known with certainty one way or the other.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1485684 - 04/23/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

All I pointed out is that there have been articles posted here saying that Saddam didn't "gas his own people" that seem to be at least as credible

I think you're referring to Halabja. By all accounts there were other uses of chemical weapons.

If in fact he didn't, then Reagan and Bush the First didn't deserve your castigation -- they were right all along.

Sorry pink but I'm dizzy. When was Bush right? When he was saying Saddam "didn't gas his own people" in 1988 or saying he "gassed his own people" in 1990? Or was he right both times?

Lets just agree Bush shits lies and would say anything if it suited him. Trying to decipher when he was telling the truth is impossible.

and that first Reagan and then Bush stubbornly refused to admit that Hussein might have done it.

It boils down to this pink. Bush and Reagan knew perfectly well Saddam was using chemical weapons on the Iranians and his own people. They kept on supporting him regardless until it suited their purpose not to support him. That was when you heard the endless stories about how wicked Uncle Saddam was.

As a matter of fact, apart from that one series of posts where you were going on about Reagan and Bush refusing to accept the "reality" of Halabja

I think you have me confused with someone else.

Holy crap! For once we are in absolute agreement

I think I need to go and lie down...

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder