Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: OOOO]
    #1480438 - 04/21/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

There is strong evidence that many of these "illegal combatants" were mistreated, and even tortured to death in at least 2 cases.

And if so, then what about the Coalition POWs??

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOOOO
Stranger
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: z@z.com]
    #1480482 - 04/21/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Army Probing Deaths of 2 Afghan Prisoners

I'm not sure whatever became of the investigation.

The Northern Alliance also massacred surrendering Taliban forces, with encouragement (which I admit they probably didn't need much of) from the U.S. Department of Defense.

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1480502 - 04/21/03 09:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

And if so, then what about the Coalition POWs??

America should treat its prisoners of war justly, even when its enemies do not.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1480508 - 04/21/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Exactly.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleJohan Shultz
no title

Loc: UTOPIA
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: zeronio]
    #1480651 - 04/21/03 10:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

This forum is a good example that use of Entheogens doesn't really change people. Many support war anyway.

I'm 200% w/you at this point. I can't belive those members of THIS comunity are so fucking blind!!!! Can't you dumb asses see that your rights have been taken away from you??? All this war bull shit was made up that someone can become richer, to create more sheep, and make those who are sheep already even more sheepy.

PS So why did some of our vendors shut down their sites in US??? HMMM... may be they were not patriotic anough :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: Johan Shultz]
    #1480657 - 04/21/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Your tinfoil hat is on too tight.

InvisibleJohan Shultz
no title

Loc: UTOPIA
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: wingnutx]
    #1480708 - 04/21/03 10:36 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

maybe, but I don't wanna go MEEEE...

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: Johan Shultz]
    #1480721 - 04/21/03 10:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I'm 200% w/you at this point. I can't belive those members of THIS comunity are so fucking blind!!!! Can't you dumb asses see that your rights have been taken away from you??? All this war bull shit was made up that someone can become richer, to create more sheep, and make those who are sheep already even more sheepy.

And those who oppose you say the same thing. Both sides are guilty of the same propaganda and all that shit. To believe otherwise is pure ignorance.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: ]
    #1481468 - 04/22/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

i'm a little confused as to what your point is. are these men not prisoners? is it uncommon for prisoners to be kept inside fences and bound by their hands?

These pictures seem quite brutal to me. What frightens me is that no laws apply to these people. They're in fact political prisoners.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: kykeon]
    #1481531 - 04/22/03 04:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

anyone have a link to a web page featuring those pictures? I want to post them on another forum but I won't link them to the shroomery becasue of the bandwidth thing. Thanks to anyone that can give a link to it.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1481547 - 04/22/03 04:36 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

first of all, the fact that Saddam is an asshole, doesnt give the Americans the right to bomb innocent people, force ill people to death with the absence of medicine nor treating the enemy soldiers like that.

secondly, no iraqi man, woman or child harmed ANYONE in the US and even if someone did so, the States shouldnt be punishing a whole nation which was under dictatorship.

thirdly, if there is someone responsible for Saddam being the dictator of Iraqi people, let me tell you that he was from the States. America put Saddam there.

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1481623 - 04/22/03 06:02 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

What he said :grin: ^^

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1481650 - 04/22/03 06:25 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
    #1481652 - 04/22/03 06:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"first of all, the fact that Saddam is an asshole, doesnt give the Americans the right to bomb innocent people, force ill people to death with the absence of medicine nor treating the enemy soldiers like that."

I do think the Americans are doing there best to avoid bombing innocent people. The civilian death toll in this war has been remarkably low. I think it was a bad idea to use cluster bombs though.

I assume that by forcing ill people to death by lack of medicine you're talking about the UN economic sanctions against Hussein. You're right, their whole society should not have been punished for the deeds of one man, but what other choice was there to respond to his non-compliance? Perhaps if a quick military campaign to remove Saddam Hussein had been executed 10 years ago, it'd would have been alot better than ten years of economic sanctions. Instead, a passive approach, which did nothing but penalize civilians, was instituted by the UN.

Now the United States has stepped up to end this policy, with or without international support. Hopefully they will have the ability and integrity to follow up the war with proper rebuilding and fostering a true democracy. We shall see.

"secondly, no iraqi man, woman or child harmed ANYONE in the US and even if someone did so, the States shouldnt be punishing a whole nation which was under dictatorship."

Correct. See above.

"thirdly, if there is someone responsible for Saddam being the dictator of Iraqi people, let me tell you that he was from the States. America put Saddam there."

Yes, but that was just a move in the Cold War chess game, and it was almost 40 years ago. The fact that the United States placed such a man in power only strengthens the case that it is the United State's responsibility to "take care" of him.

Edited by OOOO (04/22/03 06:35 AM)

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#1481654 - 04/22/03 06:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I start to think that my race, the fuckin human one, is the most cursed of them all. We are so hopeless to help even ourselves.

I really hope that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space 'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth! :laugh: 

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#1481668 - 04/22/03 06:43 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The fact that the United States placed such a man in power only strengthens the case that it is the United State's responsibility to "take care" of him.

Maybe that would make sense some time ago, but now I cannot trust the country that does things like shown on the above pictures and against the standards of entire world community. The idea that this war was about liberation Iraquis seems like a joke in this case.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1481719 - 04/22/03 07:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

kykeon writes:

America put Saddam there.

Why is it that someone must point out at least three times a day that America did not "put Saddam there"?

I read that comment every freaking day, and it is 100% wrong. Hussein climbed and clawed and weaseled and murdered his way to the top of the Ba'ath party all on his own. This is well documented, and the details of this process have been posted in this forum before.

On the other hand, no-one has ever posted a single shred of evidence from any credible source "proving" that the US "installed" Hussein, for the simple reason that they didn't. It seems that all the ignorant know how to do is to keep parroting what they hear from each other -- "Uh-huh, like, Hussein was installed by the US in the first place, dude. I like heard that somewhere."

But just for the sake of argument, let's pretend that Hussein was "installed" by the US (even though he wasn't). Since he invaded two of his neighboring countries, tortured and murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, ignited by far the biggest ecological disaster of all time by firing 700 oil wells, and generally made a pain in the ass of himself,we can assume he was a bad person who should be neutralized. If the US was responsible for putting him there (which they weren't), doesn't it follow that the US is responsible for removing him? Didn't they just do that? Why are you all still moaning?

pinky

--------------------

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
    #1481746 - 04/22/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The Geneva Convention as Applies to Prisoners of War

The treatment of America's captives at Guantanamo Bay is a blatant violation of the Geneva Convention:

"Article 3
In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture ;

(c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;

Article 13
Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission by the Detaining Power causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. In particular, no prisoner of war may be subjected to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are not justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the prisoner concerned and carried out in his interest.
Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity.
Measures of reprisal against prisoners of war are prohibited.

Article 18
All effects and articles of personal use, except arms, horses, military equipment and military documents shall remain in the possession of prisoners of war, likewise their metal helmets and gas masks and like articles issued for personal protection. Effects and articles used for their clothing or feeding shall likewise remain in their possession, even if such effects and articles belong to their regulation military equipment.
At no time should prisoners of war be without identity documents. The Detaining Power shall supply such documents to prisoners of war who possess none.

Article 20
The evacuation of prisoners of war shall always be effected humanely and in conditions similar to those for the forces of the Detaining Power in their changes of station.

Article 21
The Detaining Power may subject prisoners of war to internment. It may impose on them the obligation of not leaving, beyond certain limits, the camp where they are interned, or if the said camp is fenced in, of not going outside its perimeter. Subject to the provisions of the present Convention relative to penal and disciplinary sanctions, prisoners of war may not be held in close confinement except where necessary to safeguard their health and then only during the continuation of the circumstances which make such confinement necessary.

Article 22
Prisoners of war may be interned only in premises located on land and affording every guarantee of hygiene and healthfulness. Except in particular cases which are justified by the interest of the prisoners themselves, they shall not be interned in penitentiaries.

Article 25
Prisoners of war shall be quartered under conditions as favourable as those for the forces of the Detaining Power who are billeted in the same area. The said conditions shall make allowance for the habits and customs of the prisoners and shall in no case be prejudicial to their health.

Article 34
Prisoners of war shall enjoy complete latitude in the exercise of their religious duties, including attendance at the service of their faith, on condition that they comply with the disciplinary routine prescribed by the military authorities.
Adequate premises shall be provided where religious services may be held.

Article 70
Immediately upon capture, or not more than one week after arrival at a camp, even if it is a transit camp, likewise in case of sickness or transfer to hospital or another camp, every prisoner of war shall be enabled to write direct to his family, on the one hand, and to the Central Prisoners of War Agency provided for in Article 123, on the other hand, a card similar, if possible, to the model annexed to the present Convention, informing his relatives of his capture, address and state of health. The said cards shall be forwarded as rapidly as possible and may not be delayed in any manner.

Article 71
Prisoners of war shall be allowed to send and receive letters and cards. If the Detaining Power deems it necessary to limit the number of letters and cards sent by each prisoner of war, the said number shall not be less than two letters and four cards monthly, exclusive of the capture cards provided for in Article 70, and conforming as closely as possible to the models annexed to the present Convention. Further limitations may be imposed only if the Protecting Power is satisfied that it would be in the interests of the prisoners of war concerned to do so owing to difficulties of translation caused by the Detaining Power's inability to find sufficient qualified linguists to carry out the necessary censorship.

Article 72
Prisoners of war shall be allowed to receive by post or by any other means individual parcels or collective shipments containing, in particular, foodstuffs, clothing, medical supplies and articles of a religious, educational or recreational character which may meet their needs, including books, devotional articles, scientific equipment, examination papers, musical instruments, sports outfits and materials allowing prisoners of war to pursue their studies or their cultural activities."

The United States justifies its blatant violation of more than a dozen articles of the Geneva Convention by labelling the prisoners not as POWs but as "illegal combatants". This issue is dealt with in articles four and five of the convention:

"Article 4
A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

1. Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

6. Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.

Article 5

The present Convention shall apply to the persons referred to in Article 4 from the time they fall into the power of the enemy and until their final release and repatriation.

Should any doubt arise as to whether persons, having committed a belligerent act and having fallen into the hands of the enemy, belong to any of the categories enumerated in Article 4, such persons shall enjoy the protection of the present Convention until such time as their status has been determined by a competent tribunal."

Why the United States would act in such a way is beyond me.

Edited by OOOO (04/22/03 07:42 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1481936 - 04/22/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I do think the Americans are doing there best to avoid bombing innocent people.

There [sic] best is to avoid dropping bombs. How many innocent Iraqi civilians did Canada kill?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Human Rights... the Bush Way [Re: Phred]
    #1482028 - 04/22/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If the US was responsible for putting him there (which they weren't), doesn't it follow that the US is responsible for removing him? Didn't they just do that? Why are you all still moaning?

You really expect them to trust the same bastards who propped up Saddam to pick their next leader? That's like accepting Hitler saying "Give me another chance, I'll treat the jews great this time..." Would you believe him?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate