Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Immune to Shroom?
    #1480520 - 04/21/03 11:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Last Saturday my friends and I took a trip to the beach.  We payed for a motel room for one night.  We planned it to be just 4 guys drinking and chillaxing all night.

Well one of the dudes (Catz) was asking me about mushrooms and talking about how he wanted to try them.  And I told him that I brought about 12g of shroom capsules (i had no plans to eat them though).  He pressed me to let him try them because he said this would be the best time for him.  He told me that he had a good and powerful experience with acid so I knew he had an idea of what to expect. 

I was reluctant to give them to him because this was supposed to be a drinking weekend and because it would suck to be tripping around these other people(there were girls there now) but I gave him 3g(6 caps)anyway.

Well about 45 mins went by and Catz comes over and he tells me he doesnt feel anything.  So I tell him to hit some nitrous and maybe that will kick it in.  He does and then asks for more shrooms.  We go through the whole 'i dont think you need any more conversation' but I end up giving him 2 more caps. 

At this point Catz is up to 4g and Im thinking "that crazy bastard doesnt know what he's in for"

So like 15mins go by and I forget about him because Im drinking and stuff. And he walks over to me and holds out his hand with two more capsules in it.  Before I can say anything he downs them!  Now the guy is up to five grams.  To me this is an insane amount for a first time.  I start to feel bad for letting him take so much and I feel pretty irresponsible.

2 more hours and I look at him and hes laughing and drinking it up.  Hes not acting weird or staring into space or anything.  Hes just partying with the rest of us.

The next day he reports some difficulty getting to sleep but thats all.

Ok now some facts about him:  Hes about 5'10" and around 220+lbs.  18yrs old.

I  know those shrooms were good because i had 2.5g the weekend before that with normal results.  I have read that weight doesnt play a big factor in shroom doses.  So whats the deal?    :confused: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Immune to Shroom? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1480807 - 04/22/03 01:14 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm... did he have a full stomach before he ate the capsules? Could also depend on the capsules you had the shrooms in. I have heard of a few guys who found it hard to trip off shrooms capsules... don't know how common it is though. Some capsules are time released and don't break open until they reach the lower intestines. But I still don't see why that wouldn't get him high.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Immune to Shroom? [Re: djd586]
    #1482889 - 04/22/03 05:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah i though his full stomach would have been the culprit. He had a few slices of pizza right after his first dose.

I dont think the gell capsules were time released. the packaging doesnt say so anyways.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Immune to Shroom? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1482923 - 04/22/03 05:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

drinking alcohol and eating a lot of food (and weighing that much) will put a damper on any mushroom trip.

If he thinks he's immune to shrooms give him 5 more grams in a couple months and have him take them in the evening, not having eaten (or been drinking alcohol) all day. If he lays down with his eyes closed for a couple hours after taking them and still claims to not feel anything, he is some kind of mutant and should be exterminated :wink: :tongue:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Immune to Shroom? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1483195 - 04/22/03 06:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i know people who cant get high of many certain drugs.. mushrooms being tyh emosty common.

some people i know can get high off psychdelics but not see any visuals

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Immune to Shroom? [Re: LCid]
    #1483219 - 04/22/03 07:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've never witnessed anybody take a hefty dose of mushrooms and not trip, as long as they didn't eat recently and aren't already doing other drugs

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (04/22/03 07:18 PM)

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Immune to Shroom? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1483250 - 04/22/03 07:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think it was because the doses were spread out, he ate pizza, he drank, and because hes fat.

I'd like to add that hes not the type of person who will try and take a lot of drugs just to be a tough guy. He didnt want to show off or anything. He just wanted to feel it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience