Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Psilocybian development and production
    #1470390 - 04/18/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Greets,
Could anyone explain the process that the shrooms undergo to produce psilocybian?  In growing pot their is alot to be said for understanding how the plant produces THC, so you can optimize grow conditions.  When is the psilocybian at it's "peak", when does it begin to deteriorate? Does it only produce psilocyin, which is then degraded to psilocybian?  Any info would be great :smile: thanks!

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybian development and production [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1470437 - 04/18/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

All your questions and many more are answered in the FAQ:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/faq.php

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1470448 - 04/18/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Although not an expert on the subject, I'll throw out a few bits of information, although I'm sure Anno will come and crush my dreams of being right :smile:

From what I understand, the fungus processes trypamines found in the substrate into psilocybin and psilocin (other stuff too). The reason for this is unknown. Psilocin is actually the product of psilocybin degrading, not the other way around. However, it is evidenced that the fungus produces both chemicals, because when trypamines are added to the substrate there are increased levels of psilocin, but not psilocybin.

The common belief is that psilocybin production begins to decline once the veil tears. Its not that the fungus stops producing it all together, just that it grows more then it produces the desired chemicals.

Deterioration is caused by enzymatic break-down of psilocybin to psilocin and oxidization of psilocin. Heat, UV light, and the presence of oxygen and moisture all add to both of these processes and should be avoided.

jssmthrfcknchrst

--------------------

OfflinestonErollEr1
The Psilocybinsolution
Re: Psilocybian development and production [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1472589 - 04/19/03 03:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It take it you are talking about P. Cubensis..
And yes i think you are right in what you say.

peace..

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #1472698 - 04/19/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it kinda sucks, ive been searching for the in depth chemical flow chart for psilocybian mushrooms for months and months, i've concluded no one has done any significant research, and provided it on the internet... if someone knows of any, please share!

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlineministry
Networkn' Guru

Loc: Chattavegas
    #1472854 - 04/19/03 10:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

. However, it is evidenced that the fungus produces both chemicals, because when trypamines are added to the substrate there are increased levels of psilocin, but not psilocybin.

jssmthrfcknchrst

If adding tryptamines increases levels of psilocin, why isn't this a normal procedure?

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst

Re: Psilocybian development and production [Re: ministry]
    #1472886 - 04/19/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Adding significant amounts of trypamines is difficult. Plant material containing trypamines may be used, however it takes up space that could be used for more nutritional substrate. Trypamine HCl, the raw chemical form, is prohibitively expensive. Not to mention that psilocin breaks down easier, and is quickly lost if the mushrooms are not eaten fresh.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1472942 - 04/19/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst

Re: Psilocybian development and production [Re: Anno]
    #1473052 - 04/19/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

At least you didn't directly contridict me, Anno! Yea!, first time this week in cult :smile:

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
    #1473282 - 04/19/03 01:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Is tryptamine HCL legal or no? probably should have started a new thread for this, sorry :0

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst

#1473288 - 04/19/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I believe that it is legal, however watched because it can be used in the synthesis of many typamine based drugs (DMT, psilocybin, etc...) Someone feel free to contradict me if I am mistaken...

There is some teks around here that show how to sythensize trypamine from other more common sources.

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #1473333 - 04/19/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Isnt there a very small amount of DMT already developed in mushrooms?? Ill look for a like where i saw this.

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
    #1478116 - 04/21/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

There is some teks around here that show how to sythensize trypamine from other more common sources.

Yeah, in this thread I reference some documents on decarboxylation of tryptophan into tryptamine. I believe this is a decomposition, not a synthesis, I mention this only because you ask to be corrected. These techniques require some lab knowledge and probably some basic lab equipment but the chemicals can be obtained over the counter.

I also talk about my friend's idea of adding tryptophan to pasteurized substrates with the theory being that the beneficial organisms left after pastuerization will decarboxylate the tryptophan for you. Even if this doesn't work so well, the mycelium can and will use the tryptophan to produce more psilocin and psilocybin. In Gartz's study, radioactively tagged tryptamine was shown to be the basis for at least 22% of the psilocybin present. Tryptophan can be used as a precursor substrate additive and is less watched / expensive as tryptamine. I give more detail in the thread linked above, check it out.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: Psilocybian development and production [Re: psyphon]
    #1478207 - 04/21/03 03:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you dont mind sayin which counter you buy the stuff over do you???

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybian development and production [Re: jakeholman]
    #1480224 - 04/21/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Did you even look at the thread I linked to and the links within it? If you're not gonna put some effort in, it just shows you wouldn't be able to carry out the procedure anyway.

And why does everyone wanna do the work themselves? Just let nature do it, the actinomyces and the mycelium will decarboxylate the tryptophan during colonization of pasteurized substrate.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate