Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineunsui888
Embodied
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States
I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life...
    #14671494 - 06/25/11 05:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i've been on Suboxone for roughly 3 years now, mostly on a maintenance (low) dose of 2mg, but i have basically tapered down to .5mg/day now and was looking forward to getting off this shit (until i actually attempted to come off of it)... unfortunately, i couldn't get past day 5 as the anxiety gets too overwhelming even while loaded on nitrazepam and clonazepam. i decided i'm going to stay on the suboxone until i'm back home for the summer with my family, and in the meantime i'm working on adjusting to a proper diet which will enable me to feel healthier and more alive. my goal is to start eating at least 50% of my meals in raw foods and start eating organic as well. i figure a new diet will help tremendously, in conjunction with the vitamins my homeopathic doctor has prescribed me to take, in battling the PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome).

also, i plan on exercising more often, but i'm limited in working out as i stress-fractured my lower back 8-9 yrs ago and it hasn't been the same since... i'm a very skinny person as well, so i'd like to start gaining some weight. however, it seems impossible to gain weight and eat healthy at the same time. i end up eating a high-protein diet, which is what people eat when they want to LOSE weight (not gain it).

i guess i'm just looking for some advice on nutrition, diet, and overall healthy ways to improve my life. i've been researching the raw food diet, which i might give a try after i've come off the suboxone completely. also, would a fruit fast be beneficial in anyway when transitioning from one diet to another...?

thanks!

--------------------
"a note for asses: what is very convincing, is not necessarily true - it is merely convincing"

primus------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------mama didn't raise no fool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life... [Re: unsui888]
    #14673633 - 06/26/11 05:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't really have advice about eating healthy, but just wanted to say be careful about getting health information online, lots of that stuff is not science-based.  Eating well helps, but there is really no miracle diet that will make you happy all the time, especially when you add in PAWS.

I am trying to get off suboxone myself.  I hope you are planning to go below .5mg/day, I think things will be much easier if you go down to .25, some people go even lower.  Then you can start taking it every other day, then .1 every third day, then stop.  Or something like that, .5mg is still a relatively high dose.  Someone opiate naieve would get fucked up off that.

I would find some laid back outdoor activities you can do to stay moving around.  Whatever you think you can handle, maybe some gardening, hiking, frisbee, I don't know what you like but I had to start making myself do these things again, now I look forward to them every day.  Don't push your back, but being sedintary is probably bad also.  Exercise is the hardest thing to do when you're feeling shitty, but the most helpful in the end.  I've had to learn to do different things because of arthritis in my knee, I don't push myself too hard but over time it has made a huge difference.

And as long as you're eating enough calories, don't worry about your weight, some people are just skinny.

I don't think a fruit-fast will help anything.  Also when you say homeopathic Dr, are you talking about this?
Quote:

Homeopathy (pronunciation: i /ˌhoʊmiˈɒpəθi/; also spelled homoeopathy[1] or homœopathy) is a form of alternative medicine in which practitioners treat patients using highly diluted[2][3] preparations that are believed to cause healthy people to exhibit symptoms that are similar to those exhibited by the patient. The collective weight of scientific evidence has found homeopathy to be no more effective than a placebo.

wikipedia

Offlineunsui888
Embodied
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States
Re: I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life... [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #14695203 - 06/30/11 01:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hmm interesting... as in homeopathic i'm referring to the alternative of vitamins/minerals/herbs to treat various health isues rather than a pharmaceutical pill.

--------------------
"a note for asses: what is very convincing, is not necessarily true - it is merely convincing"

primus------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------mama didn't raise no fool

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life... [Re: unsui888]
    #14695892 - 06/30/11 07:42 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure, but I think you might mean holistic, or maybe there is a more legit side to homeopathy now but that'd be news to me.  From what I understand Holistic medicine is based on the idea that the body is all interconnected and things need to be healed as a whole not simply trating the symptoms.

In any case, good luck, just wanted to make sure you're not wasting money on overpriced water.

Offlinewallthepaint

Re: I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life... [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #14696167 - 06/30/11 09:38 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Think about the better future.

Invisiblehugger-mugger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Dallas
Re: I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life... [Re: wallthepaint]
    #14797025 - 07/20/11 10:06 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you eat significant amounts of sugar and/or don't love eating healthy stuff (fruit/vegetables/etc.), try miracle fruit.

It'll change your taste perception for about an hour, making anything sour sweet, and pretty much just making everything better.

I don't have berries, but I sell young plants.  Anybody interested?

Invisibletito123
Male

Re: I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life... [Re: hugger-mugger]
    #14799878 - 07/20/11 07:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How much for a plant, what zone do they need to be in, and how long does it take for them to produce?

Invisiblehugger-mugger
Male User Gallery
Re: I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life... [Re: tito123]
    #14879640 - 08/06/11 01:21 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry to bail on you like that, I've been starting a business selling these things.

I've put the plants to the side, but I'm asking $15 for my young plants.  No zone hardly fits them except florida, south Texas MAYBE...mine are inside, container-grown.  Takes 3 years to produce, that's why I got impatient.

I'm selling the tablets now (freeze dried berries), best deal is yellow/large, $14.95 + 2.95 shipping, 10-tablets, each contains 5 berries (yes they work if broken in 5's if you do it right!) thats 50 times of half-hour goodneess!

More info on the link below.  Comments greatly appreciated.

MFDallas.com  !  Established 7/25/2010, check me out fellow shroomery goers!

Invisiblehugger-mugger
Male User Gallery
Re: I need to make some changes in my diet and overall life... [Re: hugger-mugger]
    #14879781 - 08/06/11 02:56 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Check coupon code below!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals