Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Evolution Of Humans [Re: bert]
    #1472224 - 04/19/03 12:18 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, you guys convinced me to say my piece... like johnnyfive said... evolution isn't a set course for any species, it just is. It just happens. Evolution has it's driving mechainisms though. Enviornment, genetics, etc... A species survives becuase it's reproductivly sucessfull in nature... simply put, it's genes are ideal for its habitat. BUT one simple shift in the environment can throw an entire species into a downward spiral into instinction. Certain species might have specific genetic mutations that were inadequate before the environmental shift, but after the shift, thoes genetic mutations now become genetically sucessfull, thus you see the old genome die out and the new genome become sucessfull and new species or sub species are born. It can happen that quickly, such as the case with bacteria and resistance to anitbiotics, or you can witness the evolutionary change through a period of millions of years by viewing the fossil record.

Human evolution from this point foward will be very slow. We don't have nature runnig our evolution anymore, we create our own environments. We change and adapt as we see fit. Any evolution that will occur won't be as dramtic as one might think. I could go on and on and on and on about what theories are out there on the evolution of humans, but I wish not to bore you all.

We will evolve, slowly but surely. We control our own evolutionany pace. Technology will drive us towards a physically weaker species but will make us more inteligent. The only way we might see a drastic evolutionary change is if we encounter a horiffic catastrophic event.

Anyhow, like I said... I could go on for days about the evolution of humans, but it would bore you all. If anyone at all is curious to what I might have to say, or have any specific questions, you may PM or just ask me questions through a post.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: Evolution Of Humans [Re: djd586]
    #1472238 - 04/19/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

See, I don't think we are evolving to be anymore intelligent. Past a certain point I think that tapers off into nothing. At this point, our only hope of evolution is by our own hand. Whether that be through genetically engineering ourselves, or forming symbiotic relationships through cellularly integrated and genetically programmed nanotechnology.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: Evolution Of Humans [Re: bert]
    #1479549 - 04/21/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree bert, in the far future I could definitely see that occurring, although I don't know that'd I'd like it.

I'm very interested in genetics and bio. What do you guys think going into molecular genetics and cellular biology? I'm afraid of the possible outcomes, but someone's gotta do it and the positive possibilities are endless. I think I'm going to go into it anyways, but I was just wondering your opinions. :grin: 

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Evolution Of Humans [Re: Teragon]
    #1479684 - 04/21/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Tell us more about the positive possibilities. How could the future be more fun because of molecular genetics and cellular biology?

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order