Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineragehead
CandyVan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Question on timing
    #14787371 - 07/18/11 05:51 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I have been real good and stopped myself from posting silly questions for some time now, so I am treating myself.

So first some background, then a question. Everything I do starts off MS into honey LC into both BRF PF jars and Rye Grain quart jars using proper sterilization the whole way following instructions to the T. Once 100 % colonized and even 1 week consolidated I birth, dunk for 24 hours, and place in a proper SGFC the cakes, and the Rye gets spawned to coir/verm by following damonoids coir bulk tek to the T except adding 3/4 cup gypsum to the boiling water all ultimately into monotub. Now by no means am I complaining, because every grow has worked great, BUT every single step takes anywhere from 2 to 3 times the stated amount of time from the tek/forum/etc. Example: Most state LC should take 5 days, mine take 10 min. Rye most say 7 days, mine take 14-16 min. PF jars state 3 weeks, mine take 4-5 weeks min. Coir bulk say 10 to 14 days, mine take 15 - 25 min. Even fruiting suggested is 5 days to a week, mine is 1 to 2 weeks min. So, my question is:
Question 1: Is it possible that my environment (desert ~50% RH or lower) could be effecting those timelines?

Additional info leading to question 2: Out of 5 grows resulting in expected output, only 1 of those (B+) followed the suggested timeframes. The rest (GT, Cambo, Amazon, and Ban Ti) took the double to triple time.
Question 2: Could it be a strain/Source/etc related issue?

Other info to answer the almost automatic responses: Yes I realize Isolates and cloning would produce better results. Yes I realize MS is a crap shoot, but 80% of my grows being double or triple expected times seems to defy statistical odds. Oh yeah everything is done at a constant 78 F and dunking in fridge. I leave my poorly formulated, noob questions in the collective mind of the shroomery. Cheers all. Questions ask.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Loc: I'll be where I'm at
Re: Question on timing [Re: ragehead]
    #14788026 - 07/18/11 07:34 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

damionoids?  do you mean damion5050's coir tek?

When I first started growing I had the same time frame that you are experiencing.  I dont think its your RH:shrug:  I moved and for some reason my timeframe changed too.  It took 5-8 wks for cakes.  14 days for rye g2g yea it was lengthy all over like you are stating.  I cant really help you but at least your thread is getting :bump:

InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

Loc: Myco-tek.org
Re: Question on timing [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #14788112 - 07/18/11 07:52 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

You answered your own questions:
Quote:

Yes I realize Isolates and cloning would produce better results. Yes I realize MS is a crap shoot, but 80% of my grows being double or triple expected times seems to defy statistical odds

Not too long ago, I used 80ml of MS, in 80 qts of rye.

40 were slow mycelium,
30 were meh
10 were fast, and fluffy

I G2G from the myc with desirable characteristics, No these are not mono's/iso's, but its a great way to expand fast, powerful mycelium.

--------------------
“Sacred cows make the best hamburger”

Mark Twain

Independant Research Foundation

Offlineragehead
CandyVan
Male User Gallery

Re: Question on timing [Re: Carl Sagan]
    #14788165 - 07/18/11 08:01 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, I think that is all I needed to hear. Didn't really see anyone stating they were seeing the same drawn out consolidations that I was seeing and I was worried it was something in my environment or a process I was messing up. Ya'll gave me the warm and fuzzies. Now I will continue on my path of enlightenment until I am confident enough to start down the scary path of ISOs and cloning. Cheers and thank you for your responses.

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

#14788202 - 07/18/11 08:08 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

growing mushies will teach you patience at the very least

Offlineragehead
CandyVan
Male User Gallery

Re: Question on timing [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #14788328 - 07/18/11 08:35 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I am still waiting for my patience haha. I have always been a spontaneous no patience sort of dude, so it is going to be a long path :-)

InvisibleUnnamedGrower
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

#14788351 - 07/18/11 08:42 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

:gocanada::canadian:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation