Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedetest86
Psychonaut

Jesus was a mushroom * 6
    #14784827 - 07/18/11 02:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone here read John Allegro's book The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross.

He says that Jesus was actually the code word for mushroom to hide from the Romans. He believes Christianity was rooted from the mushroom.

Any thoughts?

Edited by detest86 (07/18/11 02:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: detest86]
    #14784835 - 07/18/11 02:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with Alegro's theory but it isn't very well accepted.

People seem very eager to brush it off at a cursory glance.

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

#14784837 - 07/18/11 03:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

so they put a hugeass cubensis up on da cross? haha

seriously tho I have no doubts that alot of religions were based off psychedelics but who knows really.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #14784847 - 07/18/11 03:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:

seriously tho I have no doubts that alot of religions were based off psychedelics but who knows really.

OfflineSpace Elf
 User Gallery

#14784849 - 07/18/11 03:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't read the book but I'm familiar with the information it contains. On the topic of Jesus being a real human:

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

robbyberto said:
I have never heard of any credible information that supports the existence of an actual historical Jesus Christ.

maybe that's because you discounted it without looking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

I've seen enough evidence first-hand to be convinced that Jesus was associated with the ritualistic consumption of amanita muscaria though. I've had some experiences with amanita muscaria which, in a sense proved this to me. My trip reports. My belief is that Jesus was an amanita muscaria shaman and taught shamanism to his inner circle of disciples (the consumption of the Flesh and Blood of Christ/a.muscaria/the eucharist). He allegedly spent his younger years traveling throughout Asia where he probably encountered the use of Soma (amanita muscaria) in religious ceremonies. It's difficult to believe but it's even more difficult for me to ignore due to my experiences.
:amanita2::amanita2:

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: Space Elf]
    #14784858 - 07/18/11 03:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i beleive he represents acceptance and thats why he holds true to alot of people.

OfflineLustfulLinsanity
The Familiar Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: An island in the Pacific Flag
Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: Space Elf] * 2
    #14784864 - 07/18/11 03:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus was a Bodhisatva.
Nothing more, nothing less than everything and nothing.

--------------------

I wish to become enlightened, to know bliss, to be a pure expression of joy, to slake my insatiable thirst.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: LustfulLinsanity] * 3
    #14784890 - 07/18/11 03:30 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The Pharmacratic Inquisition

Great documentary on the secret history of psychedelics.

InvisibleJesusGoneRogue
 User Gallery

#14784990 - 07/18/11 04:54 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i most certainly am not!

Edited by JesusGoneRogue (07/18/11 04:54 AM)

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: JesusGoneRogue]
    #14785093 - 07/18/11 06:09 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:tomatoface:

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: blingbling]
    #14785105 - 07/18/11 06:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Time to go to bed.  Gonna listen to the Pharmacratic Inquisition while I nap.

--------------------

OfflineRubberDuckie
Stranger
Male

Loc: South Africa
Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: Konyap]
    #14785117 - 07/18/11 06:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aiyobro said:
Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:

That is awesome :grin: Although the theory seems a little far-fetched... are mushrooms even native to the region???

OfflineKonyap

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: RubberDuckie]
    #14786939 - 07/18/11 02:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

there have been times when moses was wandering around in the desert and they were said to have eaten mana that made them lost for forty years or something.

I don't beleive jesus was a mushroom, I just think people tied a lot of beleifs together and mostly everybody worshipped the sun and what not.

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: Space Elf]
    #14786982 - 07/18/11 02:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Space Elf said:
where he probably encountered the use of Soma (amanita muscaria) in religious ceremonies

Soma isn't likely to have been muscaria.

--------------------

Offlinepouihi
Mary Jane Doe
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #14787015 - 07/18/11 02:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

probably, whatelse would make your water look like wine??

--------------------

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: NYC (Intra Deitate...)
    #14787045 - 07/18/11 02:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mongo lloyd said:
Quote:

Space Elf said:
where he probably encountered the use of Soma (amanita muscaria) in religious ceremonies

Soma isn't likely to have been muscaria.

http://www.ambrosiasociety.org/resurrection.html

Quote:

Soma Pavamana

In all the Hymns of the 9th book of the Rig Veda, Soma is called Soma Pavamana as an official title. Soma is "the pressed one" while Pavamana means "self purifying" so the title literally means "the pressed one, self purifying." Now the concept of "self purifying" as applied to Soma automatically implies several things; first that the Soma Nature provided is some how "impure" and must be purified before being used. Second that Soma is the active agent in its own purification during the process of the Soma Ceremony as described in the Hymns of Rig Veda book 9.

To begin; we will look at the process described in the Rig Veda.

1. Dried Amanita muscaria mushrooms are re-hydrated in a small bowl by sprinkling them with water or soaking them in a small amount of water (both methods seemed to be used).

2. After proper re-hydration the mushrooms are pressed to recover the Soma Juice using "fingers" "wooden boards" or pressing "stones" which correspond to the first, second and third pressing of the mushrooms, as the same Soma plants were re-hydrated and pressed three times in one day. The expressed juice was caught in a small bowl for the next stage of the process.

3. The resulting juice was poured on to the high end of a wooden trough a few feet long, set at a shallow angle lined with the "eternal fleece". The purpose of this is to filter the particles of Soma plant from the Soma juice. When dried Amanita muscaria is re-hydrated, in three days or less it displays its Immortality as it "calls forth the out spun thread" and grows mycelium that greatly resembles Sheep Wool and that this Soma created "wool" is the "eternal fleece" used to filter the Soma juice; thus the meaning of the Rig Veda Title Pavamana "self purifying". It must be remembered that not only is the mushroom "immortal" but also that every drop of the Soma juice is capable of coming back to life in three days and creating its own out spun threads, so any new wooden or terracotta vessel used to hold the Soma juice will be alive with woolly mycelium in a few days.

4. The now purified juice fell into a large wooden vat sitting at the end of the filtering trough, that was also growing the eternal fleece from previous use, into this vat a cooled previously cooked mixture of barley, water, milk, and honey was added to the small amount of Soma juice in the vat. (This is one of three recipes I decoded from the Rig Veda; the Eternal fleece loves its food, "Soma grows great with food") Note; it is unclear if the now cooled, strained, cooked barley water brew was also poured on the filtering trough or simply poured into the wooden vat.

5. After a certain time had passed during which specific Hymns were sung, the Soma was dipped out of the large vat using wooden ladles coated with the eternal fleece, into wooden or terracotta pitchers also growing the eternal fleece. The Soma was then poured into the individual wooden or terracotta cups of the Soma ceremony participants. Now, if the cup had been used to drink Soma previously it too, would be lined with the eternal fleece.

6. Each contact of the Soma juice with the eternal fleece living in the different vessels used in the process would greatly increase the strength of the Soma drink. The resulting Soma in a cup is orders of magnitude stronger than the undiluted original juice pressed from the re-hydrated Amanita muscaria mushrooms.

7. Not only is the self purified Soma far stronger than the original dried mushroom juice, it has different qualities compared to the original juice which seems some what toxic to many people producing nausea, stomach upset, sweating. The Soma drink self purified with its own eternal fleece produces a smooth experience generating almost no negative physical symptoms and a higher quality spiritual experience.

8. It is the magical process of the Soma ceremony that creates something unattainable directly from Nature. The Soma ceremony is a glorious transmutation process in which Natures gift of the Amanita muscaria mushroom is multiplied, strengthened, and self purified. The presence of the Living Vessels growing the Eternal Fleece are very important factors in the original Soma ceremony, which all previous researchers into the Soma Question have missed entirely.

There is still debate in the scientific community, as to whether the Eternal fleece is a special form of the mycelium of Amanita muscaria that outwardly resembles a simpler fungus. Or; if it is a simple fungus such as a "Mucor" species that is intimately associated only with Amanita muscaria, perhaps Amanita pantherina, and a few other closely related species. As far as the Soma Question is concerned it doesn't make any difference what modern science finally says the eternal fleece is. The only important point is that the ancient Sages and Seers who composed the Rig Veda obviously knew the "Eternal fleece" and used it as an integral and very important part of the whole Soma ceremony. However; it must be pointed out that these same Seers and Sages believed that the eternal fleece was indeed a form of Amanita muscaria, thus their multitude of references to Soma as "Immortal." Now, as one of the few modern people who have tasted the products created with this Eternal fleece, and tasted the dried Eternal fleece itself, I have to completely agree with this extremely ancient belief. The properly dried Amanita muscaria mushrooms have a distinctive pleasant smell and taste, nothing else in the world smells and tastes like the dried A muscaria mushroom, except the dried Eternal fleece, which is very aromatic. When you compare the smell, taste, physical and mental effects, shared by the dried A muscaria mushroom and the dried fleece generated from the same mushroom any reasonable person would have to believe Amanita muscaria is “Immortal”.

In conclusion Amanita muscaria is the original Vedic Soma and the differences between the dried mushrooms re-hydrated and then juiced and the Vedic Soma are due to a modern misconception of the process of the Soma ceremony and until now our complete ignorance of the importance of the Eternal Fleece and the Living vessels in the "self purification" of Soma. That the original Vedic Soma could not be any other "plant" is also proven by the facts that Soma is "Immortal" that it "calls forth the out spun thread" and generates the "Eternal Fleece" from “living drops”, all things that dried Amanita muscaria mushrooms do with ease when re-hydrated, and which all the other "plant" candidates proposed as the original Vedic Soma can not do at all.

Think again. :ancientaliens:

Edited by sunset_mission (07/18/11 02:57 PM)

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14787060 - 07/18/11 02:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
The Pharmacratic Inquisition

Great documentary on the secret history of psychedelics.

:kenthumbup:

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14787122 - 07/18/11 03:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

There is no solid consensus on the question, although most Western experts outside the Vedic and Avestan religious traditions now seem to favour a species of Ephedra, perhaps Ephedra sinica.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma

Quote:

In his autobiography, Swami Rama recalls contacting an Indian herbologist and Vedic scholar named Vaidya Bhairavdutt, who is described as "the only living authority on soma". Bhairavdutt comes to visit the swami, bringing about a pound of the herb with him. He informs the swami that though the plant's effects can be likened to that of psychedelic mushrooms, it is definitely not a mushroom, but rather a succulent plant. Bhairavdutt convinces the swami to join him in partaking the soma. The taste, says Swami Rama, is "a little bit bitter and sour." Bhairavdutt becomes inebriated and dances wildly, claiming he is Shiva. Several students attempt to restrain the apparently slightly-built Bhairavdutt, but are unable to do so. Meanwhile, Swami Rama develops a crippling headache, a symptom which is compatible with the effects of ephedrine overdose. No hallucinogenic effects are described by Swami Rama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botanical_identity_of_Soma-Haoma

--------------------

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

#14787160 - 07/18/11 03:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What about the eternal fleece and self purification process detailed and mentioned in the Rig Veda and demonstrated by the Amanita Muscaria mushroom?

It still seems to be the most likely candidate to me.

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a mushroom [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14787176 - 07/18/11 03:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno, but the best living authority on the topic described it as a herb. :shrug: Who knows.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order